• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Sonoma Trial PvP Tournament

S

Stupid Miner

Sonoma PvP Tournament

You are invited to a Trial PvP Tournament at the Jhelom (Felucca) Fighter's Pit March 15 @ 4PM PST(7 PM EST, 6 PM CST) hosted by EM Eira.
The first event is to see if there is enough interest. I would like to try to do one or two a month. If it goes well, we will have a “fight club” with a good place to meet.

Here are the temporary rules for the first PvP Tournament:

Mage vs Mage:
*No poisoning skill
*No potions
*No petals
*No faction aids (with the exception while fighting a necromancer)
*No apples (with the exception when fighting a necromancer you are allowed to have 10 apples)
*No petals
*Both mages must wear a spellbook & candle in hand
*No Pets/Summons
*No omening self/casting protection
*Hpr cap of 10

Dexxer vs Dexxer:
*No faction Aids
*No animal forms that allow faster speed movement
*No explosion pots
*No pets/summons
*No invis/teleport items
*No stealth skill
*No smoke bombs
*No bugged quivers of rage

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds cool. I assume it's in fel, correct?

Also, what does a necro/macer count as or is this a non-mage/warrior hybrid tournament?

S

Stupid Miner

Hm, I'm guessing that'd count as a dexxer, the rules really aren't firmly set in stone yet.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the meet the EM thing was held few nites ago in Jhelom, Eira said would be fel side.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well.... we DO have a fight pit here on sonoma that was made by EA.

infact... its OWNED now by EA

so...... would it not make scence that we have fight night at the fight pit?

just throwing that out there.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss Oasis fight nights.
Who has the access to use that place now? You said it's owned by OSI now?

S

Stupid Miner

well.... we DO have a fight pit here on sonoma that was made by EA.

infact... its OWNED now by EA

so...... would it not make scence that we have fight night at the fight pit?

just throwing that out there.
You should suggest that to EM Eira.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just hoping can get a decent turn-out for it. Very short notice. I unfortunately wont be able to attend this one. Gonna have my son this evening and be doing things with him til after 9 cst, butI might show up just as a spectator if son is cooperating. Everyone should let everyone know about it though. I am hoping that the event will get a decent turn-out and as more folks learn about it maybe the numbers will grow.

Poo: Aye...we didnt think about the other nite when had the EM there. We were just psyched that atleast were trying too do something for the felluca players. If I see her this evening Ill say something too her or yall can if you see her. Be cool to get Oasis set back up with tournaments at it.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss Oasis fight nights.
Who has the access to use that place now? You said it's owned by OSI now?
Well, I ran by the pits a while back. Forget the name but it seems to be owned by a player whom I hope still plays. However, all the doors are unlocked so you can enter any pit you want to. So it's free for anyone to use at any time unless you are banned.

Only thing we wouldn't be able to do without the owner is ban/remove players from the house.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO if you want the Oasis Fight night to Continue you must
First re start them...
Then once you do that you will then have to have respect to one another...
And also Police the Pits when the trouble comes. Also you need to report the results.

Oasis is for Real Respectful PVP...And for real reasponsibel PVPers''

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG I got owned, i thought it was going to be a fel gank fest so i brought a reg pack, no armour and a Scrappers lol
at least i lasted 30 seconds...
maybe next time i will use a better hat and suit lol.

I think one of my problems was i forgot it said PVP.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought EMs would post the official results here but bleh...

If I remember correctly
Dexer Group
Champion: JuicEy [$CAM]
2nd: Cellski [$CAM]
3rd: Darth Vader

Mage Group
Champion: Forgot
2nd: Gernize [$CAM]
3rd: KMSEMPERFI [COP]

S

Stupid Miner

EM's aren't allowed to post on Stratics. And I'll get the news report up later today, don't worry.

FionanPac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello All!

I havn't played sonoma in years. When I did play my characters were Fionan, Gavin and Hanvey they were my 3 pkers 1-3 on the bounty board that really dates me. I used to participate in the fight nights and miss them. Well my whole post is does anyone know if Ziggy still plays? He at that time used to dominate the fight nights and had all sorts of special GM created stuff for winning all the time.

P

Philos

Kyrite won the mage duels. I can't remember his character name.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cryrites character on Sonoma was Houdini of Thugs I believe...

PS... on a Side note ARCHERY is just as valid a combit skill as Fencing / Swords / Macing so I don't see why the EM's wouldn't let any Archers compete.... Matter of fact If I remember correctly they said something to the effect of "Watching archers fight is pointless." I had to leave for work at 4:15 pm that day so I didn't get to the see the Dexxer fights but I bet they came down to Disarm duels....ummm pointless much?? lol. Anyway... If I had to guess I would say that well over 50% of dexxers are archers atm so perhaps including the information that no ARCHERS were going to be allowed in the competition would have been smart... (those books on the ground for instance etc..)

Ah well... GOOD job to the EM's anyway though. I'm sure it's a live and learn process for them & I'd rather see stuff like this attempted than not. Hmm.... I do believe we were all aware that the competition took place in FEL. though so the extra added words of "This is felluca we (EM's) do not care what happens outside the ring"... could have easily been like handing out matches & then complaining why the barn burned down heh.....

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Cryrites character on Sonoma was Houdini of Thugs I believe...

PS... on a Side note ARCHERY is just as valid a combit skill as Fencing / Swords / Macing so I don't see why the EM's wouldn't let any Archers compete.... Matter of fact If I remember correctly they said something to the effect of "Watching archers fight is pointless." I had to leave for work at 4:15 pm that day so I didn't get to the see the Dexxer fights but I bet they came down to Disarm duels....ummm pointless much?? lol. Anyway... If I had to guess I would say that well over 50% of dexxers are archers atm so perhaps including the information that no ARCHERS were going to be allowed in the competition would have been smart... (those books on the ground for instance etc..)

Ah well... GOOD job to the EM's anyway though. I'm sure it's a live and learn process for them & I'd rather see stuff like this attempted than not. Hmm.... I do believe we were all aware that the competition took place in FEL. though so the extra added words of "This is felluca we (EM's) do not care what happens outside the ring"... could have easily been like handing out matches & then complaining why the barn burned down heh.....
they should of had the mages and dexxers in the same group..

but i see the point of no archers a disarm archer(which is the easiest character to play in ultima online) would of won it
just disarm and 3 concs

how fun would that of been,

Houdini of thugs did kill everyone with a falmestrike to make a statment of how bad the pvp on sonoma is...

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could divide it into 4 categories: Mage/Necro mages, Melee, Archers, and Hybrid (Mage/Necro/Melee/Archer combo). Winner of each category would then fight each other in a random drawing. Winners of those matches would then face each other for the title of Ultimate Sonoma PVP Champ of the Week. Winner would get to keep the title for a week.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dexer group didn't allow disarms. And no archers allowed is kinda stupid. Just don't allow stupid disarm archer to be init or no disarms. I agree disarm archer is probably the easiest character to play in ultima online. I remember people asking "disarm shot" and "bleed shot" to be added as archery specials... and parry/evasion with a bow... just imaging...

S

Stupid Miner

I'm pretty sure the next tournament will have alchemist duels if we can get some people interested enough to sign up.