• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Something Foul Reeks In The Sewer - I

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, readers.

We've recieved a copy of the report submitted by Captain Nystad. The original can be found tacked to the bulliten board of the Golden Brew Tavern.

Joshua Harper,
Stratics Herald Reporter.

An urgent missive sent to the Royal Guards by Captain Nystad with an attached report.

Title: A disturbing find of the most urgent nature! Requires full investigation!

Hail, this afternoon, I ventured down the sewers of Britain accompanied by a mere recruit and a citizen. My purpose was to investigate a disturbing report, submitted by the said recruit, regarding foul activity. In hindsight, I probably should have taken the original report (see the attached copy) more seriously.

I will be brief and merely state that everything mentioned in the report is true! To gain entrance into the “deep sewers”, one needs to say the word Charvory. I do believe that this is the same site where Inu the crone was held captive few years back.

Regardless, I have asked the town recruits to stay away from the sewers, lest we risk our enemies finding out that we are aware of their presence. I recommend that we send an advance party of Royal Guards to scout the area and prepare a detailed plan.

Salutations,

Captain Nystad

Attached copy of the original report:

As requested is my report on the situation as found beneath in the sewers of the city.

I have had a very difficult time writing this, as the memories and visions still haunt my mind fiercely.
The healers think that some of the noxious gasses that I inhaled, causing me to pass out cold on the floor of the deeper sewer tunnels, have had something to do with things being as bad as they are. They say that its possible some of the fumes caused me to hallucinate or for the experiences down there to become manifest tenfold stronger than what was actually occurring.

I know what I saw sir!

I know what I saw and its not a good sight to be seeing these things.

I went down and looked around where one might expect a vagabond to be in an effort to dig up this Carl you told me of. I do not think the sleeping area I found was his. It was long disused, but I found a plaque covered in code.
It took me somewhile but I did crack the code, and promptly found myself on a whole new level of the sewers sir! Places I have never seen or been to before. The problem is that as soon as I was rifted to this place within the labyrinth that makes up our sewers, I nearly passed out cold before I could explore any further. There are some right noxious gasses down there, corporal!! It reeked something chronic and the ethers out of it were sickening in no small amount. They overtook me and I passed out cold on the floor. I awoke a few moments later to find myself staring into skeletons of people that ha-

*here the wording jiggles about shaken to illegibility. A few words are scratched out with ink blots from the quill*

They were those who’d been down here before, sir! I recognized some of them bones as belonging to the Th-

*the rest of the word is illegible due to the shakiness of the handwriting*

They were people, sir! Easily missed if you are standing, due to the stagnant water in the corridor. However, since my face was down in the stuff it was noticeable under the water with the torch so close. I threw up my meals for that day then and there in the tepid waters.

When I’d made it past that corridor, thank the jewels of Seber Ahmet, I allowed myself some time to regain my senses from that stench of near death. I was to climb down the ladders only to arrive at yet another horrific sense.

What awaited me was a small lichen laden corridor of slosh and stinking silage filled with the poison that eats and the corrosion that walks. It filled the very narrow corridor from one end to the other.

I could not slip past them without stepping into the silage or risk them becoming aware of my presence without dodging the lichen and slick rock. One splash or slip would have alerted them. This I managed but barely.

It was then I went onto the next set of passages to find a horde of orcs amassed so large, I could not count the numbers. I was stepping over, under and through them, and how I was not caught only the virtues know!

I suspect their mages are using those horrors to keep us out as they prepare and rally.

That Northern incursion was just a scouting party to find a method into the city unnoticed.

I wager their presence is behind the rats being drove up en masse to the city surface, corporal.

Salutations,

Recruit Sphinx

Event information

Title: Something foul reeks in the Sewer - 1
Start Date: 2009-05-09
Start Time: 15:00
End Date: 2009-05-16
End Time: 15:00​

O

OBR Knight Zackarias

hmmm.... very suspicious. I always knew the sewers were bad, but I didn't know that they were THAT BAD. I might have to join the party if there is one going down to search and rescue, or seek and destroy.

O==[=======> OBR Knight Zackarias, the Royal Meatshield :sword:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com

Royal Guard Report
By EMSeppo
Wednesday May 6, 2009

Royal Guard Report

Upon the captain’s directive, a team of Royal Guards was dispatched to the sewers to investigate and scout ahead. But when they did not report back at the agreed upon time, over 12 hours ago and counting, we sent another team to trace their steps. Much to the surprise of all involved, the password CHARVORY failed to transport the second team to the deep sewers.

So the situation, as it stands, is that we have no idea about the whereabouts of the original team and with the password no longer functioning, we have no means to reach the deep sewers. The working assumption is that the original team was ambushed and subsequently, their assailants managed to close or hide the rift to their lair.

We are actively working to solve this mystery and ensure the safe return of our comrades. In the meantime, the Royal Guards stationed in the city of Britain have been put on alert.

Names of the Royal Guards comprising the original team are as follows,
1) Thomas
2) William
3) Alexis

Brief Summary:
A town guard discovered an alarming congregation of monsters in a secret lair within the sewers that may only be accessed via a password. A team of Royal guards was sent to investigate but they failed to report back. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that the password to the secret lair no longer works.

This makes up the back story of the event which will start this Saturday at 3:00 PM PST. You do not need to be online at the start to participate in the first part of this event. You will have a chance to participate throughout the week.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just been down there and theres someone named Britian ThiefMaster down there

O

OBR Knight Zackarias

Yea, I noticed that as well (the Theifmaster). I also saw a wandering healer die from the exiting fumes from the cracks/ holes in the ground going INTO the sewer.... if that happens to help with any reports. When I was also down there I managed to stumble upon some Poison Elementals in a far South East corner.

O==[=======> OBR Knight Zackarias, the Royal Meatshield :sword:

Big Wang

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those poison eles and acid eles in the east corner have been there...they were there during the rat invasion when the silver, copper, gold coins were on rat corpse during the "Sherry the Mouse" event i believe..correct me if im wrong on which event it was that took place during this time...but i know their not new to the area.

Only difference i seen was the thiefmaster standing there...he wasn't there previously. And theres no access to the poison/acid area like there was before...since they cut the password entrance out :<.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well got em to talk a little but cant get the word of power

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big Wang said:
Those poison eles and acid eles in the east corner have been there...they were there during the rat invasion when the silver, copper, gold coins were on rat corpse during the "Sherry the Mouse" event i believe..correct me if im wrong on which event it was that took place during this time...but i know their not new to the area.
You're absolutely right. You see, after roleplayers participating in the Town Guard Storyline had discovered the spawn trapped down there at the bottom of the sewer, EM Seppo decided to recycle the spawn (and the surrounding area) for our shards next series of quests.

The story goes that Sphinx of the Town Guard was patrolling the depths below Britain, likely to ensure that any weaknesses in the cities defenses were spotted before an enemy could take advantage of them. While wandering, she stumbled upon a massive buildup of poison and acid elementals. Naturally, they should not be there. Barely escaping back to the surface, she informed Corporal Brackus, who passed this information on to Commander Aino Nystad.

Aino, also being the Captain of the Royal Guard, ordered a small scouting party of elite warriors to the depths of the dungeon. When they did not return, a second party was sent, only to discover the way into the sewer had been blocked.

It is left to the players to investigate what happened...