• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Shame With Everyones Uncles And More Than A Little Ale!

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians!

After a bit of confusion, though I swear I do have the capacity to read, I managed to find where I was supposed to be for WRR's Dungeon Boogie. Luna Bank specific... not out by the stables, not chatting at the moongate, but inside the bank itself. Just as the notice they put up stated... clearly. Yeah, yeah, how accurate am I?

Being late is always my forte and not just fashionably late in this case, but luckily they were running a bit late themselves and had not yet embarked on tonight's strange adventure. DJ Peace and DJ Sandman, thanks to our great citizens for aiding me, stood attempting to solve a technical difficulty with their broadcasting software. Hail! the gods of bad code... I would be able to attend.

By this time a had tuned into their station, Whispering Rose Radio and was listening to them chatter and wondering how they could talk in chat with us and still carry on over the airwaves. Talented gents.. yes?

If you've not listened to these two, let me share my take on them. They were a riot. Like those two laid back Uncles at your otherwise stuffy, family gatherings. You know who I mean. The ones the elders scowl at and wish they could disinvite. The ones your mom tells you to stay away from or ignore, but you secretly wish you could move in with them. Seriously.

After correcting their error and rebooting the station, they next had a dungeon/rune/gate problem, in that order. What dungeon tonight folks? Anyone have a rune? Can anyone gate? It sounds messy at this point, but I can't tell you how absolutely delightful it all was. Thanks to Gus Of Llanowar for the use of his library. The D.J.s were quit impressed by the house, and even gave a shout out to your shop!

Having decided, and announced to all who were listening, that Shame would be the chosen dance floor, DJ Peace took a quick trip to check it out. And died. It would be the start of his career for the night. We all soon followed to give aid, with him laughing the whole time on the air. Apparently he was carrying the prize drops.

Lanthil, Piper, Skylla and myself followed DJ Sandman into Shame. The group went in through the main entrance and was soon met by the self-saving DJ Peace. Let the check dropping start. Kuddos to MMO Source for their sponsorship! The D.J.s would be dropping over a million in checks throughout the dungeon run!

Throughout the run, from level one on through to the end, DJ Peace would continue his conviction to die by as many different foes as he could find. I tell you, that man has talent.

Moving through the levels, it was strangely exciting to once again sweep through Shame. DJ Peace meet his end upon reaching the barrier to level 3. Before crossing through, we were joined by two others, Majesty and Bryana. What happened when getting them to us? You guessed it, DJ Peace would take another one for the team.

Everyone remembers the Halloween event for the cloaks, but whens the last time any of you ran all the way through just for fun? Just be careful what you say aloud in the mage tower. Even a subpar mage can say the wrong thing and cost DJ Peace his life and I was only singing along with the song that was currently playing!

I was informed that DJ Sandman is usually the token death guy for these events but alas, he didn't die once. In fact, no one else died either. Now, I'm not making fun of DJ Peace, but it was immensely entertaining! Especially considering he was the guy holding the loot! He seemed to find it all equally hilarious!

Making it all the way through took some time. The Blood Elementals were just as I remembered with that same explosion of red gore at the end. The same annoying traps of green, bubbling gas and jagged spikes in the ground. The Krakens still reach for you from areas you can't reach them and the Water and Air Elementals have the same abundant numbers as always. It was Shame as I remembered, but somehow, these two guys made it fun. Funny. In fact, when they decided to pull out and make a run for the tavern, I was almost sad to leave.

What was I thinking? If these guys were fun on the run, you can't imagine the antics when given ale! Get the whole group liquored up and let the party begin! The checks got bigger... and a sort of crazed out mosh pit emerged! It was definitely the lighter side of Ultima. My camera did not do it justice. Thanks to Lanthil, the drinks were on him!

"News Flash, People seen at WBB!" was jokingly declared by a hiccuping Piper, and so few there to witness it. For all of you who missed this event, I urge you to not miss the next one. It's a great opportunity to meet two great hosts who provide an eclectic mix of background music, run a dungeon with some equally wonderful players, and most of all, you support Napa as a community!

Whispering Rose Radio does their Dungeon Boogie every Friday night, followed by Deal or No Deal-UO style on Saturday. This event changes shards every week and will be back to Napa Valley once it makes the rounds again. To them this is a great way to "meet a lot of nice people," for us, this is a chance to show them how amazing our citizens are!

And if you are now so excited to play along that you can't wait? The D.J.s want everyone to know, next week they will be live in Pacific. Come for the games, the rares festival, and a chance to mingle with people from all over the uoverse!

Best gaming wishes,
Salya Sin

More...

S

Salya Sin

Sorry everyone for the double post on this one. I did a "no, no". BAD REPORTER! The earlier post will be deleted shortly.

Thanks Otis!