• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Searching the Wind

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com

Searching the Wind
Monday, August 17, 2009
By EMPallando

You turn with a start, hearing a heavy knock at your door or feeling a firm tap on your shoulder as you sit at the bar. A messenger, his dark clothes mud caked from the long road, hands you a small folded letter without even a whispered word. He then bows his head only for a moment and then quickly departs, as if pressed by some great urgency.

You watch him leave, closing your door or turning back to your drink, then look to the letter held in your hand. Finding an empty table or retiring to your room, you quickly unfold it:

Hail friend!

It is I, Dawn, formerly of the Royal Knighthood, and you will please forgive me if this letter has interrupted you, but the matter is urgent. I am writing to those whom I believe are trustworthy and capable, and if you are reading this letter, then know that I hold you in my loftiest thoughts and highest regard.

The work of Operation Royal Flush is not yet over. Casca recoils from his defeat, wounded but not defeated or submissive. But for the moment we turn our eyes to his most powerful servant, Lord Emissary Trubo Saius. Of him, we can be certain of nothing, save his devotion to the King. And in these now desperate times that both the King and his Man find themselves in, we do not yet know who he is or what he is ultimately capable of.

After having conferred with several others, I ask that you, my trusted friend and comrade, aid me in the endeavor of finding out what we can about Trubo. If you have previous arrangements or are in a tenuous position and do not wish to risk it, then please stop reading now and, for security of course, burn this parchment. I hold it not against you and it is my sincere hope that we have the opportunity to work together again in the future.

However if you have reached this part of the letter, then you have decided to help me, and you have my thanks. I ask only a few things before you begin:

Be discrete. We must skim the surface first.

Confine yourself to the Trammel facet for now. If this proves fruitless or inadequate, I will call for an expansion of the search in the near future.
Do not press anyone too much for information. The last thing we need are Casca’s servants becoming wise to our actions.

Find out what you can from whoever you speak to and then report to me, by messenger, your findings. Do not only give me the facts, but your own observations as well. I do not expect this to be easy, but it will serve us, I think, when the time comes.

Thank you once again friend, and may the blessings of the Virtues be upon you.

Dawn

(OOC: As the letter says, simply ask around for anything about Trubo then write and mail a report similar to the ones written to the thiefmaster, except addressing it to Dawn. Make sure to include what facts you find out as well your own observations or connections)

The final date to send in your report will be this coming Sunday, August 23rd. Good luck.

Pallando

Y

Yalp

ahhh crap! I've been so busy running around on the open beta.. i've had NO time to do this! Hope you'll got the info!