• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] [NEWS] Searching for a News Reporter of a Special Kind

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Specialty Reporter - Rare Collector

Today TGN Stratics begins the search for a very special Reporter to cover Rares and Rare Museums on all shards. Applicants must be active and committed as 1 posting per week is required minimum. Applicants can be staff or a respected member of the community. The new Rare Collectors Reporter will post into a dedicated new section on the main page of TGN Stratics as well as this forum, UO Rares Collector. We realize that there are many passionate and devoted collectors on our shards and we wish to discover and learn about the wonders of unique items and the people who search for them.

Job Description - The Specialty News Reporters will:

1. Post with Rares Header all Interviews, Reviews & Reports for your topic into Rare Collector Forum.
  2. Help educate members of your community against frauds and fakes.
  3. Cover and promote Rares Festivals.
  4. Review Rare Items, Rare Collectors, & Museums.
  5. Post your content on the Rares Sidebar.
  6. Travel to all different shards.
  7. Be impartial and positive.

Please pm or email [email protected] or [email protected] to request an application.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that mean you won't be needing my sticky list anymore, i.e. I don't have to update it from now on? hehe

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that mean you won't be needing my sticky list anymore, i.e. I don't have to update it from now one? hehe
No way! We are letting you get away that easy. *grins* You're absolutely still needed.. although I think you'd be good at this job if you need more to do!

I could be wrong, but I can't fathom them replacing your lists on the website. We are being given a section of the news now and like shard news they have a side panel where they can list establishments and such. I imagine the reporters will be able to feature rares museums permanently on this page as the shards feature rune libraries and such.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No way! We are letting you get away that easy. *grins* You're absolutely still needed.. although I think you'd be good at this job if you need more to do!

I could be wrong, but I can't fathom them replacing your lists on the website. We are being given a section of the news now and like shard news they have a side panel where they can list establishments and such. I imagine the reporters will be able to feature rares museums permanently on this page as the shards feature rune libraries and such.
*darn* almost got away. I'll continue do my updates :)

P.S., it just dawned on me what that initial photo looked so familiar, that was my rubble/rare house a few years back lol. How in the world did that picture surface. Ah, brings back memories.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*darn* almost got away. I'll continue do my updates :)

P.S., it just dawned on me what that initial photo looked so familiar, that was my rubble/rare house a few years back lol. How in the world did that picture surface. Ah, brings back memories.
Haha it is, I remember thinking at the time, Are there that many rubble palms in game?

Athelas [Treasure Trove] Museum, Atlantic

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Manticore...You are not off the hook!

The new Reporter Position is some much deserved attention and love for our Rare Collectors. The picture is one of hundreds I've taken over the years in my travels. I love touring museums and homes in my spare time.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am really excited about the fact our community will see some news. I hope any who are interested will apply.

Thanks again, Andrasta!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am interested in the rares collector reporter position, I am pretty active in the rares community and most people on the forums know me, I was also one of the hosts of the Chesapeake Rares Festival

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Application in the Mail! Thank you for your interest.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay folks... looks like we may lose this chance if we don't get people willing to step up and apply. Last I heard Andrasta has gotten zero applications. This is the first time our community would have a news section devoted to it and a way for us to not only spread the news about rares fest globally, but share/educate others on false rares, share our museums etc. Be a real shame for this opportunity to be lost.