• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Searching for a News Reporter of a Special Kind

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Specialty Reporter - Homes & Castles

Today TGN Stratics begins the search for a very special Reporter to cover Home Decor & Decoration on all shards. Applicants must be active and committed as 1 posting per week is required minimum. Applicants can be staff or a respected member of the community. The new Homes & Castle Reporter will post into a dedicated new section on the main page of TGN Stratics as well as this forum, UO Homes and Castles. We realize that there are many extremely creative and talented designers on our shards and we wish to discover and highlight them.

Job Description - The Specialty News Reporters will:

1. Post with H&C Header all Interviews, Reviews & Reports for your topic into Homes & Castles.
  2. Interview members of your community.
  3. Review Vendor Houses, Towns, & Homes.
  4. Post your content on the H&C Sidebar.
  5. Travel to all different shards.
  6. Be impartial and positive.

Please pm or email [email protected] or [email protected] to request an application.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Bump. This is a great opportunity!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While I would love to go around and seek out housing and all and I did adore the articles written by former stratics reporter Wren Sharpbeak.... (who did some of the most awesome posts ever) for Better Homes of Britannia... I first off wouldn't have time.

Secondly my CS2 is not compatible with windows 7 and I'm without my tools for picture posting....

And finally.... I'm not able to be a pom pom waver... sorry. I am critical... Sometimes criticism is necessary and in the case of deco... sometimes it's desired.

T

Tazar

I am curious about what the Architects and Decorators of the community would like to see from a Homes and Castles Reporter.

My ideas would be:

Outstanding designs and/or Decor
How to Guides
Interviews with designers

What else would you like to see?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How about set up events of feature shard tours of homes?

Say this month we feature Baja! And folk on Baja who are interested in "showcasing" their homes could contact you and then a date would be set and runes placed into a book or whatever and say at 8pm on Saturday we take a tour of Homes on Baja! And we all meet at say NewHaven and go for a tour.

I don't know about others but I for one LOVE seeing other peoples designs. And I'd rather go visit it in person where I can walk about look close zoom in and out and all around get a good look at a fine house.

But I think it might be fun to do things that way. You could advertise with their EM's. Advertise by leaving books all around Luna and some major gate locations to contact you regarding entering the show and then set up a tour on that shard for a set time.

Just an idea. I know it would be a whole lot of work but I think it would be fun.

*edit* And one more thing... if their shard is any good they would make it a huge gala event. As an RPer and someone who does many events on GL's I for one would work with someone to put on a huge tour of homes. I'd have local "celebrities" ..... Like Lady Lava participate.... add some games maybe some trivia to the event and maybe even encourage some of the hosts to have food and drinks served during the tour. Make it a shard wide event that is fun.

Another thing you might think to do is showcase some "famous" houses on each shard.

Every shard has famous houses.... Like MoA auction house on GL's...

Lady Lava's house.

Things of this nature.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about set up events of feature shard tours of homes?

Say this month we feature Baja! And folk on Baja who are interested in "showcasing" their homes could contact you and then a date would be set and runes placed into a book or whatever and say at 8pm on Saturday we take a tour of Homes on Baja! And we all meet at say NewHaven and go for a tour.
I like this idea. I don't have many characters built up on a lot of shards yet, but I was thinking of doing the shard idea with screen shots on here.
But if people are interested and would be able to help with the gating I'd love to do your idea fully.

And people that have favorite houses on any shards, feel free to message me about them. I'd love to try to work up to doing a monthly spotlight..
Maybe we can start a post where everyone can post their favorite decorators and then once a month there can be a short interview and some screen shots of their favorite work.

*added*
Since Tazar told you his ideas, I figure'd I'd share a few of mine.
Obviously I already posted I'll be doing Halloween, This will probably be multiple posts spotlighting different shards.
I also will be trying to do some posts based off themes.. i.e. farmhouses and ponds/rivers.
As well as different museum and library designs. [Both rune libraries and normal libraries]

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not only do I know some of the best designers and decorators on GL's but I know where they live. *grins*...

And I'm more than willing to help you at least here on GL's.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me, I'll be taking you up on that very soon.
You gave me your icq, you can't hide now! ;)