• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Scavenger Hunting Season! !

Paul Harvey

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Fellow Sosarians,
<blockquote>Tonight we had the pleasure of Adida visiting our new picnic area to host a scavenger hunt.

I myself, never having the chance to hunt Scavengers, was very excited for the danger that was sure to come with this hunt of a new creature. Adida was carrying her Boomstick and wearing a Cloak of Invisibility so for sure this would be dangerous. I was excited to see this beast they called "Scavenger".

Adida then gave us directions explaining that we would be given a bag with 2 books. One book would tell us what items to collect and the other we would sign with our name.

The first 5 people to bring back the items would win the trophy.

2008 Valentine Hunt Champion Engraved on the vase.

I was perplexed at this but thought these items must be needed to conjour this beast called Scavenger.

There was a nice crowd in attendance when Adida announced the winners.

Stryder , Muse DeDannan , Viola , Dametri , and myself Paul Harvey.

I was given a trophy but alas I didn't get to see the elusive creature they called Scavenger. . . .

Congo Rats to the winners !! ! !

This has been Paul Harvey

Goood Day!</blockquote>

I

imported_lindylou

When and where was this event announced? Was this like an EM event or what?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was announced on uoherald.com, the front page of UO stratics, and in U.hall for all shards last week. IIRC, Origin got their version on or before Valentines day, but there were so many griefing issues that it was put off till this week for the rest of us. Most shards had it on the 19th or 20th.

It was a dev running it, but was more like a mini-EM event that was done on all the shards.

I

imported_lindylou

Sheesh! Unless it's posted in our forum, I don't get the info. I get a headache even thinkng about looking at UO Hall.

I

imported_Fran Fury

Other the the threads complaining about it, there is really only one thread on the hunt times. And I remember seeing some of the first hunts on the calendar but after the first big failure there were none on the calendars anymore.

I am happy that some of our very own won! Congrats everyone!

C

Chango Pelon

We should plan a hunting party to find this "Scavenger" for sure.

*grabs pitch fork*

Great job to the winners and thanks Paul for the great story!

M

MuseDeDannan

I can semi-understand all the issues surrounding this event but in the end a scavenger hunt was, in reality, reduced to a "be in the right place at the right time" competition. We were given 10 minutes to gather the items but the majority of us had it done in 2 to 5 minutes because they were all items I had at home. When I returned there were already five people there waiting to submit their completed lists so I thought 'oh well, I wasn't fast enough'.

Unfortunately how fast you were didn't really matter because by the time she started to accept submissions at the end of the 10 minutes, the majority of the folks were back and the cluster-smuck of people standing around/on top of her waiting to submit.

She announced she would drop a submission chest at a random location in the park and the crowd scattered, from that point on it was a matter of sheer luck which I know upset a lot of people. I wasn't one of the first back, I was lucky because she dropped the chest right next to me.

But at least we had an event - yay!