• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] SAVE LADY TANG! (A High Seas Event)

T

Tazar

SAVE LADY TANG!
(A High Seas Event)

The despicable DeadBob has shanghaied Lady Tang and carried her off to the Lost Lands of Trammel aboard his Orc ship, The Mann Act.

Find the Orc Ship:
The Mann Act will be sailing the seas of the Lost Lands in Trammel,
Noon to 2:pM
Saturday, August 13, 2011.​

Save Lady Tang & Win the Orc Ship:
It is well known that the blaggard DeadBob will deny everything when confronted and even give up his ship to the first person to board it to save his own skin.

Clues will be coming over the SAVE LADY TANG chat channel. Use this chat channel during the event to ask questions or to trick the scurvy dog into revealing his location.

JOIN THE SWEET TRADE FOR A BIT 'O FUN THIS SATURDAY!

A rune to the Papua docks will be on top of the green chest at the front of the Book Store, for contestants who wish to place their ship directly into the seas of the Lost Lands. ‘Course, ye can sail to the Lost Lands from Trammel by finding a Serpent Pillar & sayin’ “Doracron.” There be two pillars, one East of Trinsic at 110S, 116E & one West of Jhelom at 145S, 63W.

Unbeknownst to the squiffy DeadBob, his pilot is secretly helping Lady Tang: The pilot has set the ship’s security to allow anyone to board it.

The first person to board the Orc ship will win the Orc ship.

SAVE THE KIDNAPPED LASS & WIN AN ORC SHIP!​

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: SAVE LADY TANG! (A High Seas Event)

The blighter! The Cad!...I knew he was nefarious *gasps* but this!

I wish I could help find our poor dear Tang, but I will be working I fear..*sniff* Salt of the earth she is!

An orc ship you say?...hmm..I wonder..is he secretly an orc?!

Grab your gear, launch your boats, man your cannons!
Find her Atlantians!

scason

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is too awesome! what fun! I hope to be the one to find her and capture the Orc Ship! Hope I can make it!

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fellow Sosarians! I say we find where this DeadBob fellow lives and torch his house! He has been a scourge to these lands for long enough!

I shall deploy a ship to aid in the rescue but may have to cut the sortie short due to other commitments.

Who goes around kidnapping folks in broad daylight? This DeadBob must have a subconcious desire to be captured and punished, which makes him doubly dangerous!

PILOT, SOUND GENERAL QUARTERS AND IF YOU TELL ME ONE MORE STORY ABOUT SOME TAVERN WENCH I'LL FEED YA TO THE SEA SERPENTS!

***UPDATE***

Lord Raven of Minoc has promoted Lady Nil to Captain of the Infiltrator, and ordered her to the Lost Lands to begin maritime security patrols.

Lady Nil arrived in Papua, took on provisions and questioned the locals as to any unusual ship sightings.

*** UPDATE: Saturday Morning ***

The crew of the Infiltrator have completed provisioning the ship and sailed a short distance from the docks to test-fire the cannon. The thunderous boom startled the townsfolk, but clearly many are pleased that Mages Guild of Minoc is taking security on the High Seas seriously.

Last night, under cover of darkness the crew installed new rifled-bore cannon crafted by none other than the infamous Firmus the Cruel. These cannon fire at a higher velocity and with greater range than other cannon and will quickly end any chase, should the nefarious DreadBob choose to evade capture.

S

Sally MacLennane

Personally, I fear that the uncouth malcontent is worse than we imagined. He must be downright insane to even contemplate kidnapping Lady Tang. Community outcry! Wrath of Lady Tang!

Honestly, though, I'm not sure who's well-being we should be more concerned about, Lady Tang, who can take care of herself, or DeadBob, who had the gall/insanity to venture kidnapping her and is probably in dire danger from her wrath as we speak.

All the best to the intrepid rescuers. May you see Lady Tang home safely and DeadBob to whatever help he needs to regain his sanity (or recover from his wounds).

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can receive Twitter updates from Lady Nil: HERE

You do not need a Twitter account to follow the feed.

*** UPDATE ***

Looks like there might not be an event to tweet about since they are taking the servers down to fix the account migration debacle.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EVENT POSTPONED DUE TO SERVER MIGRATION
*New Date & Time To Be Announced*

We'll check with some participants & reschedule accordingly. New date & time will be posted here on the Atlantic Forum, UO.stratics.

Many thanks to Tazar, Lady Rachel, scason, Norberg, Sally and all the usual gang of suspects.rolleyes:

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EVENT POSTPONED DUE TO SERVER MIGRATION
*New Date & Time To Be Announced*

We'll check with some participants & reschedule accordingly. New date & time will be posted here on the Atlantic Forum, UO.stratics.

Many thanks to Tazar, Lady Rachel, scason, Norberg, Sally and all the usual gang of suspects.rolleyes:
Oh, nothing is postponed my dear DeadBob. Nothing!

When the Dark Lords of EA are defeated, I will reactivate my most senior Captain, The Dread Lady Grace O'Malley and her associate, a Ninja assassin whose name I will not even speak aloud.

The assassin will be charged with tracking your movements on land, and Grace will be waiting for you on the High Seas. I shall have your hide nailed to the wall of my palace in Minoc!

Buwahahahahaah! *strokes white kitty*

Oh, did I mention... Buwahahahah!

*signed*
Respectfully Yours,
Lord Raven of Minoc

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nordberg, Ye scallywagin' blaggard o'mischief!

Tang will be out of town over the next 2 weekends, so, we'll have to do this next month. We'll re-reschedule the event as soon as we can. Please accept our apologies.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nordberg, Ye scallywagin' blaggard o'mischief!

Tang will be out of town over the next 2 weekends, so, we'll have to do this next month. We'll re-reschedule the event as soon as we can. Please accept our apologies.
How convenient...

First you post your intentions to kidnap the lass then she's goes "out of town" for a couple of weeks!

Malarky! In fact, DOUBLE MALARKY!

It's obvious to me that you've realized the error in bragging about your misdeeds and now are hoping to cover your tracks so that you may inflict your horrors on Lady Tang without the fear of pursuit and punishment!

My associates are currently tracking your movements and when they find where you have hidden Lady Tang, we shall release her and then you shall suffer as she has.

The only reason you are still alive is so we can follow you to ascertain her whereabouts. :eyes:

If we learn of her untimely demise, then your end will come shortly thereafter!

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<Curses! Foiled again! That Dudley Do-Right of the High Seas is tenacious as a pit bull biting the end of the plank. Hmm... maybe, no smarter, either. Worth a try...>

Ahoy there, Dud- er, Nordberg. You've confused me with the villanious Snidely Whiplash, evildoer of the Lost Seas. But I forgive you. We should do lunch, get to know one another a bit better. Say, a picnic on Wyvern Isle? How about middday, this Sunday. Just you & me, no armor, no weapons -heh, time to start trusting one another, huh? What do you say?

T

Tazar

I find it interesting that she's scheduled to be kidnapped and then disappears! Could this "out of town" story just be a cover up? Is she "Out of Town", or is she really tied to some ship-mast floating in the lost lands?

I think it's time to get the lynch-mob ready and make Dead-Bob confess.

*evil grin*

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<Curses! Foiled again! That Dudley Do-Right of the High Seas is tenacious as a pit bull biting the end of the plank. Hmm... maybe, no smarter, either. Worth a try...>

Ahoy there, Dud- er, Nordberg. You've confused me with the villanious Snidely Whiplash, evildoer of the Lost Seas. But I forgive you. We should do lunch, get to know one another a bit better. Say, a picnic on Wyvern Isle? How about middday, this Sunday. Just you & me, no armor, no weapons -heh, time to start trusting one another, huh? What do you say?
Lunch? With me? That sounds nice! Thank you for the invitation.

I just hope you realize that most of these messages are from Lord Raven and certainly don't reflect my own personal views. He treats me like some kind of errand boy, mumbling how he's too busy to deal with the masses on Stratics and other nonsense.

So, I'm stuck with the job of nailing his rants up on the forum message boards, while I'd rather just be hanging out at a nice tavern chatting up the wenches!

Sure, he helped me get my start... but am I indebted to him forever! I'm a Town Gaurd dangit! Not some messenger-boy!

I'd be glad to meet you for some lunch. Should I bring some juicy roast beef sandwiches and a couple pints of ale? I'm not sure where this Wyvern place is... is there a tavern there? I don't know how to swim, so if there is a sea journey involved maybe we could meet somewhere else as boats make me nervous.

As for the armor and weapons... well I have to keep up appearances ya know... being a guard and all. But it's mostly for show. My old armor is stiched together and would probably fall off in a stiff breeze. And my old sword... well the blade is held to the hilt with leather straps. More than once it's just plain fallen off when I un-sheath it! I try to tell Lord Raven I need better armor, but he just hoardes his gold for himself and doesn't share any with poor ol' me.

Well, enough of me being sorry for myself. Looking forward to our lunch!

-Nordberg

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OKAY :) PIRATES' WYVERN ISLE PICNIC, Lost Lands, Trammel
Noon EST, tomorrow, Sunday, August 21st, 2011. See y'as there!

We can decide when to reschedule the event.

O'and I wuz thinkin' about poor Nord' bein' all defensless & all and <chokes up> I's had an epiphany 'o heart . We should send our emissaries to the picnic. Let them sort out things. Mine's not too bright and breaks into song, so bear wit the poor lad. I'll send Tokuno Joe & you can send y're Dread Lady Grace O'Malley or Lord Raven. And, <omg ...it's another one an epiphany> By the Powers!

Let's Invite Everyone!

!EVERYBODY IS INVITED TO THE PIRATES' PICNIC!

Wyvern Isle shows on most maps of the Lost lands, such as the one found at:
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/library/map_lostlands.jpg (It's in the upper right corner)
Co-ordinates are 56N,5W

The Grog is on me - but the grub is pot-luck.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OKAY :) PIRATES' WYVERN ISLE PICNIC, Lost Lands, Trammel
Noon EST, tomorrow, Sunday, August 21st, 2011. See y'as there!
Oh dear, I looked at the map and as I feared the entire island is surrounded by water! Why are islands always surrounded by water!

I'm dreadful afeared of sea journeys so I'm passing this invitation on to Lady Grace O'Malley.

I was so hoping to meet you sir, but perhaps another time. Just a cautionary note. I have no doubt that Lady Grace will sail to the island on her Orc Ship and it's armed fore and aft with powerful cannon. She is also known to have an entourage of Ninja Assasins which you never see until it's too late, so take care sir!