• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Results Of The Easter Egg Hunt!

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Easter Egg Hunt!

The masses of Pacific appeared for this years Easter Egg Hunt. It was hosted by the "Easter Bunny" and the "Evil Easter Bunny" (the Event Managers of pacific woot!).

Simple rules were explained. First the Easter Bunny started explaining the rules then stated, there are "No Rules". Eggs were going to be set in Felucca and Trammel and not Ilshenar, Malas or Tokuno.

The locations of the eggs for both trammel and felucca. Hythloth was quickly swarmed and locked down by S0N! (the "WorKed n MerKed!" guild in the True Britannian's Faction). Few players went to the Felucca locations to hunt Easter Eggs. Those that went to Felucca rant the risk of there eggs stolen from thieves and pk's!

Spottings in towns of the Easter Bunny were sighted dropping eggs. The Easter Bunny would make a quick appearance drop a few eggs then vanish into thin air, reappear and drop more.

After most of the Easter Eggs were retrieved by the massive player horde on pacific the Easter Bunnies asked everyone to form a line. In a short amount of time a line formed from the Counselor's Guild passing the bridge to the east.

Some of the lucky folk standing in line got to the front!

Others had bad luck and when they got to the front of the line the Easter Bunny ran away. I guess some karma for killing players in Felucca trying to steal there eggs decided to set in quickly.

The Easter Bunnies were dressed in full virtue armor wearing talismans of vorpal bunny summoning and holding a fancy halberd!

The Bunnies asked everyone to go back to the Counselor's Guild and wait while they place eggs around some of the cities. They noticed players running around chasing them trying to find more eggs! So they decided to change there plans with the last hundred or so Easter Eggs to be placed.

After some work the bunnies opened a gate into the star room (Trammel facet) The floor was littered with Easter Eggs. The eggs used the same graphic as a full lime or lemon with a variety of different texts and colors.
The Easter Eggs that were on the floor of the star room were gathered up nearly as soon as some players could enter the room due to the latency caused by the horde of pacific players.

The "Evil Easter Bunny" decided to sign valentines day cards. The EM's on Pacific have been signing players valentines cards (players must bring the cards) with the special event names and giving them back to the players. This line was much shorter than the line for an Easter Egg.

After a long hard day of work and entertainment the Evil Bunny bid us farewell.

The number of eggs dropped on pacific range from 600 to 1000 Easter Eggs. The numbers reported varied, and we'd like to assume many players helped keep the items "rare" by eating some of them.

A handful of the names that appeared on the eggs were
"An Engraved Easter Egg: Pacific 2009"
"A Curiously Decorated Easter Egg"
"Elf-Decorated Easter Egg"
"An Exceedingly Elegant Easter Egg Painted By Amelia Varaeli'n"
"A Magical Easter Egg"
"A Creamy Chocolate Easter Egg"
"Shiny Easter Egg"
"A Festively Painted Easter Egg"
"Special Lord British Castle Easter Egg"
"An Orcish Easter Egg"
"Highly Polished Easter Egg"

I would like to thank Lyconis for this write up!

V

Verdex

It was a great event for sure! I got 14 eggs, with 9 different names...
Here's what I got:
3 Mis-Dyed
2 Shiny
1 Lord British Castle
3 Brilliant
1 Pastel
1 Slippery
1 Broken
1 Rotten
1 Easter Egg Lovingly Decorated By Omo Trovi

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event was fun, got a cpl nice eggs. My favorite one is a blaze colored egg that looks to have red dots, although tough to tell as the colors kinda clash. We were all chasing rabbit thru city when he stopped and said first one to catch me in brit grave yard wins a special one. When everyone else started running there I looked in my rune book and was lucky enough to teleport almost right on him ). The name on the blaze was (smelly egg). I also traded for a white egg named (fake fabrege easter egg). Got a few other named ones so all in all turned out well for me. Blaze one is next to cocoon on table and white ones in basket. Image isnt great srry

Attachments

N

Noobish Noob

You forgot to mention the player who summoned a horde minion in the star room to gather all the eggs as people were still gating in. Sneaky bastage.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You forgot to mention the player who summoned a horde minion in the star room to gather all the eggs as people were still gating in. Sneaky bastage.
As well as the few people who would not get of there mounts even when the Ems asked them like 20 times. And that one gutter mouth in the Ems hall.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on one of my alt chars, Kiss when the Easter Egg hunt started and the Evil Bunny started rattling off Felucia towns & dungeons and saying that "Special eggs are hidden in the dungeons".
I knew I had a rune to Hythloth (Evil Bunny even called Hythloth out by name) so off I went. I ran all the way to the bottom of Hythloth and there on a table lay an impressive Pure Black Egg with Neon Green Specks all over it. I ran around the table until I was able to reach the egg and snatched it up when all the spawn in the area decided I looked like a tasty morsel.
I started running for the exits, and there a red stood. I was already down over half life and it only took a couple blows with a bokuto *thwock thwock* and I was OOOOoooOOOing.
Lucky for me, down the dark hole came the Evil Blaze Bunny. He informed me that he wasn't able to rez people in his current form, upon which he laid a Bright Orange Crushed Egg in front of my ghosty.
I quickly snatched up my laptop and logged in one of my other accounts on my stealth thief, and headed to Hythloth to do some RECON. When I got to the entrance of Hythloth, there were 5 or 6 SON reds, all giddy with the excitement over the Blue Deaths they had handed out. I was able to stealth past them all, made my way down to my trusty mage where there were no reds or blues for that matter.
Rez'd up my mage, went to the corpse and my treasured Pure Black with Neon Green Specks was GONE! All my other items remained on the corpse though, I ran over a half screen to the Orange Crushed egg and scooped it up...all making me wonder what was up with my Black and Neon Green Egg.
I transferred everything that wasn't insured/blessed over to my stealth archer, put him into a corner and logged him out so I could give all my attention over to my desktop and getting Kiss out ALIVE!
By the time I got out of the bowels of Hythloth to the main level, the SON reds had started setting up multiple fields and no one was going to make it past them. Knowing that I had nothing to lose, but 2800 gold for insurance, I bumb rushed the reds, giving 4 of them another count to add to their death count list.
As the fields evaporated, I was able to make it outside of Hythloth, got a rez and made it back to the Meeting Hall in Brit. There were a couple people there and the Evil Blaze Bunny. I told him my tale of dying in Hythloth, him not able to rez me, and finally making it back to Brit. He asked me to approach him where upon he handed me back my Pure Black with Neon Green Speckled egg. He told me that he had looted it off my corpse so no one else would get it, due to it being one of the RARE Easter Eggs he had hidden throughout the lands.
He then informed me that throughout the cities of Trammel, there were plenty of eggs still hidden and to go out and enjoy the rest of the hunt.
All in all, I got 9 eggs:
Pure Black w/ Neon Green Speckles "Rotten Egg"
Orange "Crushed Egg"
Purple "Eyesore of an Easter Egg"
2-Orange "ROC Egg"
Pink "Magical Easter Egg"
Seafoam Green "Slippery Ester Egg"
Dark Gray "Smelly Egg"
Dark Purple "Autographed Specially By Easter Bunny (Pacific 2009)"

So, THANK YOU EVIL EASTER BUNNY for an outstanding event! *Bows Deeply* Thank you again for retrieving my Pure Black w/ Neon Green Speckles Rotten Egg and returning it to me.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if there was an easter egg hunt on other servers? Thought i heard somthing about one on GL.. but not too sure.. got 11 myself =).

(Mine Furor Magdalene.. please dont close this thread.. im just curious about who else got an easter event) *salutes you*

Ps.. Good job so far Vel.. and grats Pfloyd.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if there was an easter egg hunt on other servers? Thought i heard somthing about one on GL.. but not too sure.. got 11 myself =).

(Mine Furor Magdalene.. please dont close this thread.. im just curious about who else got an easter event) *salutes you*

Ps.. Good job so far Vel.. and grats Pfloyd.
I believe it was on all shards.. Some were more active than others.. Pacific had some of the most people show at ours, and that makes me proud.. :danceb:

M

MonkeyDLuffy

It was a great event. But as a News reporter, you should report the good and the bad.

The second part of the STAR ROOM was not as smooth.

For starter, Easter Bunny was not able to open gate inside the Hall. Bunny has instructed everyone to go outside and awaits for a gate. In all the Chaos, some players decided to trick everyone and open a moongate. And it worked !! half of the people felt for it and end up at some vendors somewhere.

After Bunny give everyone about 10 minutes to return to the Hall, a real gate opened. As I stepped out of the gate, immediately know that we are in the Star room. Not sure what happened, as we approached the bottom of the room. Many of us were teleport to the Keep !! It was a bloody scene as many players not knowing where they were and believed it was a new area for easter egg hunt. Dying and Ghosts everywhere. I stayed to rez many that died.

overall, first batch of egg were gone about 20 minutes in Trammel side.
I ate the first egg i found (by accident double clicked it).

get one more egg from EEB handout.

It was fun.