• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Remembering Ghostie

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember me with smiles and laughter
For that's how I'll remember you all
If you can only think of me with tears
Then don't remember me at all

Today marked the first of what is hoped will be the annual Lady Phoenix Memorial Festival. A full day of activities kept folks laughing and hopping around the shard (and Cru didn't get lost once!).

We began in Jhelom with Lady Ping hosting the Mage Poker event. True to form she asked the mages for some very difficult combinations, and the five finalists got to choose from an impressive box of goodies!

First place was Damia who selected an old school blood tile
Second place Memnoch who chose the blessed Crimson Cincture
Third place we had Lyric who lifted a handsome neon gift box
Fourth was Savoua Fair and she selected the new pardons (and declined comment when asked if they were needed)
Fifth place was Beldin who took home a rubble tent piece

After poker it was off to the farmer's fields in Moonglow to chase down the icey looking vorpal bunnies. MageCruella hollered out items to collect from the furry tiny corpses and everyone took home a club named "Bunny Basher", in pink, of course!

Then we were off to Uriah's Rubble Reading Room for an archery tournament. Rules were simple... high scores get to stay, low scores sit it out.

The entrants were:

Luc
Savoua Fair
Jirel of Joiry
Eternal Blue
Jaana
Shep
Miss Behaven
Lord Urza
Silmarien
Mabe
Oxy
Damia
Arwen
DevilsOwn
Morzon

At the end of round one, The seven high scores went into elimination, again, still fighting only the buttes, and not each other.
The seven quarterfinalists and their quarterfinal scores were:

Eternal Blue 570
Jaana 560
Miss Behaven 400
Morzon 140
Urza 175
Mabe 135
DevilsOwn 112

The semifinals were:

Urza 56
Eternal Blue 430
Miss Behaven 39
Jaana 660 !! Wow!

Finals:
Jaana 610
Eternal Blue 480

Right next door to Uriah's place was the site of the IDOC event hosted by TMC guild. The house went BOOM! and the ground was littered with goodies. River Rat found a nodachi that had engraved instructions to return to Mr Crowley, and his reward for doing so was a giant deamon statue.

Then off to Buc's Den for a net toss! Lots of nets, lots of kraken and leviathan.... sadly, no ghost ship anchors or seahorses, but we are ever hopeful, and will keep doing this til we get it right!

The day ended in Luna, gathered around the memorial recently constructed for our Lady Phoenix. Her good friend Thunder gave a short speech saying, among other things, "...she didn't care about the loot (regarding their idoc'ing adventures), for her the fun was the social aspect. And that is really what the entire game should be about. She loved to help others, and she loved to make the game better for everyone. She always saw the good in every player, and she is so greatly missed."

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'd like to thank Mr Crowley for getting this all started. Some time ago he approached a few of us with an idea for a memorial for Ghostie, and the festival just kinda sprang from that. In the middle of it all, with a good deal of pushing from Thunder, the memorial in Luna was created and we decided to go ahead with our festival plans built around that base.

Thank you to all the people that worked to bring this together... the spirit of Phoenix was shining on Legends today.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to everyone who came, it was a fun day. Lady Phoenix would have been delighted with the events. :) Thanks to everyone who helped put this together.

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you everyone for coming today !!!! It was a fun day i know Lady Phoenix was looking down on us laughing and smiling at all of us. She will be missed and In our heart's .......

L

Lord Urza

Thank you everyone involved in this event on all sides my Alliance mates, the TMC guild, and everyone who participated.

I had so much fun today bouncing around all over the shard, Everyone was polite and true sportsmen today.

Thank you cru for letting me help with the bunny bash, I allways enjoy lending a hand to help see an event run smoothly for everyone.

Days like this remind me why Legends is my UO home! :thumbup1:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont know about the rest but i had a lot of fun today. The net toss was great, lag and all.. Wish i made to the mage poker. Oh well next time look out i play a mean hand of poker. LOL nah i couldnt summon a bally on my worst day. Thanks to all that worked behind the scenes. You guys work harded.

i hope that one day i become the person my dog thinks i am. :)

Seriously,

We are a family
We are small, but we are mighty
Some call us stuck-up
We are stuck on each other
We come to the aid those in need
We smack those that get out of line
We are Legends, and We are family

Luc

D

Dakotawinds

Yesterday was a great day we all came together and had fun. Something Lady Phoenix was all about. She will always be in our hearts and I know she was smiling yesterday. Legends Forever !!!!! Thank you all.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said all. Dev, thanks for the good report. Yesterday was what Legends is all about. I am humbled.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm
Was gonna say something kinda smart-aleck here
But then, that would be out of nature for me...

;)

Was a lot of fun, I hope everyone enjoyed every aspect of the day.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for participating in honoring Lady Phoenix! Us fellow guildmembers loved and appreciated our departed Guildmistress of the Mighty Orc Slayers (O/s) but we were not alone, for the whole shard shared the same emotions for her:) She didn't roleplay her avatars, her playstyle ensured that her real personality and character was reflected.

I wish I could have stayed until the net toss event, that was always Dar's fave ::: fond smile:::