• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] PvP Tournament Scheduled

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update from UO - Origin Events (emfainemorgan.com)

PvP Tournament Scheduled

Posted By EMFaineMorgan on April 22, 2009

The First Origin PvP Tournament is scheduled for Saturday, April 25th. Please check the Origin PvP Page for updated rules and brackets as well as the complete schedule for registration and the tournament itself.

Origin PvP Tournament

Registrations for the First Origin PvP Tournament will be held beginning on Thursday, April 23rd at the Origin PvP Arena.

Registration dates and times are:
Thursday, April 23rd 5:00 p.m. – 7 p.m. Pacific
Friday, April 24th 5:00 p.m. – 7 p.m. Pacific
Saturday, April 25th 10 a.m. – 12 Noon Pacific

The tournament itself will begin on Saturday, April 25th at 6 p.m. Pacific at the Origin PvP Arena. The portal to the PvP Arena is outside the Counsellor’s Hall in West Brit Felucca.
Tournament Information

Brackets
  • Mage
    • Pure Mage
    • Hybrid Mage
  • Dexxer
  • Archer
Ladders
Elimination Style Competion
Two people from each bracket fight at a time
Winner advances
If there is an odd number of contestants, one defeated fighter from a previous round will be chosen by dice roll to play the odd man out in a wild card match
One set of “rounds” each week for Mage, Dexxer, Archer (NOTE: IF time allows, based on number of entrants, we will attempt to finish the tournament in one weekend)
Match ups determined by roll of the dice. Highest roll matches with lowest roll, etc.
Pet fights be their own set of rounds on a different night (More information on Pet Fights to come later. This will include a category for PvP Pet Fights.)
Ten minute time limit on matches. If there is no winner at the end of ten minutes, it will go to sudden death. No healing, no bandaging, etc.
Contestants packs will be checked prior to the match beginning to make sure they have adhered to the rules.

All brackets except Pure Mage
Allow a limited number (10) of petals, grapes, etc. in all brackets EXCEPT Pure Mage up to Sudden Death
Allow an unlimited number of potions in all brackets EXCEPT Pure Mage up to Sudden Death
Allow an unlimited number of bandages in all brackets EXCEPT Pure Mage up to Sudden Death
Allow Trapped boxes/pouches in all brackets EXCEPT Pure Mage up to Sudden Death

Mage Duel Rules (hybrid/pure)
No Invisibility Spells
No precasting
No fields
No summons
No pets
**Participants must have a minimum of GM Magery/GM Eval BASE to participate in a Hybrid Mage Duel

Pure Mage Duel Rules (in addition to above)
No Special Attacks (Disarm, etc.)
Mage Spells ONLY (No necro, spell weaving, weapons, etc. are allowed in this class)
Energy Resist limited to 70
No protection
No bandages, grapes, apples, petals, potions, etc. will be allowed in this class
No polymorphing
No scrolls. Spells must be cast using the magery skill. Scrolls of any sort are disallowed in this bracket.
**Participants in this bracket should have, minimum, the basic four mage skills (Magery, Evaluating Intelligence, Meditation, Magic Resistance)

Battle Royale
At the end of each week’s competition, there will be a finale with everyone who participated in the fights for the week, last man standing.
If the tournament spans more than one weekend, the winner of each week’s Battle Royale will be recorded in a book.

At the end of the tournament competition, former winners of the Battle Royale will go head to head for the honor of being declared “Last Man (or Woman) Standing”

**Note: This first tournament will be a testing ground for future tournaments. We expect a few bumps and are doing everything in our power to make this as enjoyable as possible for all involved. We ask that everyone keep an open mind and give us feedback after the tournament concludes on ways to improve the next tournament. We are hoping to be able to hold these PvP Tournaments Quarterly.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have plans on Saturday, April 25 ... I'm attending a wedding on Baja as part of the 'Dragon Guard'. Then we have another Market/Bazaar. Would someone please take screenshots of the tournament? I'll try to be there as soon as I can following the bazaar.
Thanks!

M

Michael Wolf

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is 10:00 AM Sat Morning? I'm not usually up that early on Sat, or barely at best but I'll try.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is 10:00 AM Sat Morning? I'm not usually up that early on Sat, or barely at best but I'll try.
10 a.m. - noon Saturday is one of the registration periods. The actual tournament begins at 6 p.m. Saturday.

E

Eyes of Origin

Sara, I will be there watching since they do not have a class for me to participate in =( :wall: so I will take screen shots and send them to you, if you want. :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a good turnout at the registration for the PvP Tournament Thursday evening. If you weren't able to register Thursday, registrations will be held Friday, April 24, 5:00 p.m. – 7 p.m. Pacific; and Saturday, April 25, 10 a.m. – 12 Noon Pacific

EM Faine Morgain recapping the Pure Mage bracket rules​

You can get to the PvP House/Arena by using the vortex in front of the Counselor Hall, Britain, Felucca. There are runes to the Fel Counselor Hall placed at Fel Yew Gate, Fel Despise Docks Entrance, Fel Brit Bank, and Tram Counselor Hall.​

In addition to the healers, a stablemaster has been added to the area outside the PvP house for convenience in stabling pets.​

While talking with EM Faine Morgan this evening she mentioned that we should be getting chickens bonded and trained ... I suspect a chicken fight is in the near future!​

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Friday evening more competitors met with EM Faine Morgan to signup for the Origin PvP Tournament -- bringing the total to 11 now registered. Registration will be available on Saturday morning, April 25, 10 a.m. – 12 Noon Pacific, at the Origin PvP House/Arena. The PvP Tournament will begin Saturday, April 25, 6 p.m. Pacific.

Note: The PvP House/Arena has been modified by the EMs so spectators will be able to hear (see) the spells being cast in the arena. EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan welcome your feedback. To leave feedback click here