• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Publish 56 Halloween

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Publish 56 Halloween

With all the content in Publish 56, I thought I would break down the publish notes into different categories to give us a chance to test out and discuss the events as a community.

Publish 56 is on TC1 now and it would be very helpful to the developers if we could try out as much as possible.

Here are the notes on Halloween as taken from uoherald.com:

Halloween

* New quest starting in the Yew Courthouse: talk to Jasper and read the book on the table
o Can be done completely in either Felucca or Trammel
o Every step required in the chain, skipping steps will keep you from completing the event
o Event can be done once per character
o Participating characters must be 15 days old (except for Test Center)
o Khaldun temporarily available in Trammel for the duration of the event
+ Shadowfiends now perfom the life drain attack
+ General increases to HP and stats for Khaldun creatures
+ Slightly increased the spawn rate of Shadowfiends, Spectral Armors, and Zealots
+ Note: Shadowfiends and Spectral Armor drop loot onto the ground instead of leaving a body
+ Note: Players cannot resurrect inside Khaldun
* New Trick or Treating rewards
o GM Beggars also have a new reward

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trick or Treating is much like last year with a few different treats, especially if you are a GM beggar. There is some debate on the beggars forum if you must be GM or close to get some of the nicer things. I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't know yet but I'm excited at the deco opportunity *grins big*

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Publish 56 Halloween Yew Quest walk thru with help from Uoguide.com

A small group of us got together at the Skara Brae Community Center Friday the 31st for a true Halloween event. The Yew quest comes to us courtesy of one of the many things to do in Publish 56. Taeara, Storm, Daga Taga, Frank, Gollum, Finian and myself headed to the Yew courthouse to talk to Jasper the Inspector.

Jasper directs you to a journal on the table which reads in part, “I am concerned about the secret room. Lysander's notes mentioned two levers controlling the door opening the mechanism. But they are hidden in secret passages of the Tomb. I must find them!
I will unseal the tomb of Khal Ankur tonight. And I, Leoric Gathenwale, will free the cursed souls of Khaldun and grant my grandfather and his three companions the peace they have been denied so long. “
- Leoric Earthenware

Jasper also talks of demise and the unholy and sends us to the graveyards to check into the unholy spawn. A Skull Totem was found in the middle of the graveyard signifying the unholy occupants. Only when the totem is cleansed would the graveyards be free. There we find a Skeletal Liche who holds a cursed parchment needed to uncover the etchings and clues in Khaldun dungeon. Khaldun is located next to Minoc passageway and once inside we locate the 9 wall carvings to etch. Targeting the parchment and then the wall carvings gives us an etching and after clicking on one of the 9 etchings, they combine to form a black cursed tome.

Double-clicking the tome will ask you which pool of blood you wish to toss it in. We found the pool of blood and targeted our book first the pool and watched our black tome turn blood red! A password is revealed in the pool to gain entrance to speak to the Dark Guardian, Keeper of Knowledge.

Once we entered and talked to the Dark Guardian he sent us to Leoric’s House in Jhelom for more clues. In the ruins of Leoric’s home were two books to read to further our quest. Within his journals was the final password we would need to enter the lair beneath Khaldun’s floor. It was such a long journey through Khaldun and finally to Leoric’s house that we decided to revisit the rest of the quest the next day.

On Saturday I was able to complete the quest, albeit without the larger group from the previous night. Nevertheless, I ventured to Khaldun, found the abattoir to speak the secret word and found myself in Sicarri’s lair! It was quite the battle that required a group of fighters but in the end Sicarri gave over the venom sac needed to cleanse the graveyards from the unholy terrors. The other spawn of spiders Sicarii summons have what is called gossamer and if you collect 10 of them and target a spinneret you receive when killing her a deed for a large web will appear.

The quest for Sicarii is a long and dangerous one but the rewards are great in more than monetary gain. Freeing the graveyards of Jhelom, Vesper, Yew and Britain is a great sense of accomplishment for our shard of Lake Superior. I hope to run into many of you on this journey!

Many thanks to uoguide.com for providing much of the needed walk through for us players!