• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Public Announcement, Event Pre-Registration, UPDATED

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com
revised June 9, 2009
*revised deadline June 13, 2009

Public Announcement
(updated)
*(deadline extended)

By EMPallando

Hail my fellow citizens,

As a good majority of you are aware, the status of the independent kingdoms has been in the wind for sometime now.

However today, at the behest of our glorious King Casca, things have begun to move forward.

As Lord Emissary, the King has tasked me with handling the registration and acceptance of all representatives who wish to represent their cities or kingdoms in the upcoming trial to retain their independence.

Leaders choose your representatives wisely, for this person will speak with the combined voice of the multitude you rule over, and act in accordance with your will.

I should as well make mention that those representatives who fail to show themselves when the time comes, or a city claim independence without registering, believing they are some how permanently in the King’s favor, will face severe repercussions.

Let none say our King is ignorant of his realm. His words remain true and his promise has not been forgotten. All that remains is for his subjects to follow him.

At his will,
Lord Emissary Trubo Saius
------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Okay, any of those wishing to represent their kingdom or city in defense of its independence need to send an e-mail both to Seppo and myself with the following information, once they have received approval from their GM:

1. Character name of the representative and his position within said Guild/City/Kingdom

2. The full name of the Guild/City/Kingdom the representative wishes to defend at trial. Please note that a GM MAY represent his own city, and it need not be a separate person

3. Name of the leader of the Guild/City/Kingdom (from here on referred to simply as PRC’s, for player run cities), if applicable

4. Coordinates of the PRC base where summons can be sent

5. This meeting is not meant to entertain new claims but to negotiate autonomy based on historical claims by a RPC. As such, it is unlikely any claims towards towns such as Vesper will be found to have any merit

A PRC may have no more than a single representative, HOWEVER one representative may speak for multiple PRC’s. In which case he will provide all the information for each PRC in his e-mail.

If any GM’s wish to e-mail Seppo and myself in support of their representatives (simply stating they stand in support of who they have chosen), it would be much appreciated.

*The deadline for registrations has been extended to Sunday June 14th. The tentative plan for the trial is to hold it during the coming weekend. Also please continue to check the website for updates, should anything change.

And FINALLY, if you have any questions, please make a thread on Stratics or in replies to this announcement and I will field them ASAP (or make a separate post if there are alot of questions).

Pallando

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you cant even get to luna!
i wouldnt be surprised if your crafter was red...
Careful, Ceno, I know for fact that SuperKen's crafter is blue ... he most likely doesn't have runes for Trammel or Malas, but can probably find Luna using the moongate system. ;)

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fine, you and Ceno fight it out. I want Vesper now. All the bridges over water there are so romantic. It's also the city of Mages, if my memory serves me right.

Just to clarify, what sort of responsibilities does one have in representing an area? Will there be monthly meetings of all the domain masters? Taxes? Health care reform? Babies to kiss? Territories to defend?

As long as I get to pick out a hawt young secretary, count me in!

Also, story-wise, isn't aquiescing to such a role basically admitting that we believe Lord Casca's rule is legal and just? Will claiming an area, independent of Lord Casca's rule, result in Lord Casca sending in troops to reclaim the area?

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, one other thing:

A representative can 'hold' more than one area, right? The Cartel guild has long held residence on Horseshoe Island, in Fel. I think we might have a legitimate claim to the island. If there are any objections, I wouldn't mind hearing them now.

But I still want Vesper too.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, this is all for player run cities Ken, not UO towns =P
and you can keep luna! i only go there if i have too...and even then i hate it.
my town is Moonglow =)

and the town of mages "was" Mag......
Moonglow is also a town for mages, as well as Wind since you need magery to enter

Y

Yalp

well hell.. I'll take Zento, Since I am LORD Yalp of Zento! But then it's not so much a player run town as it is the scene of daily begging to bring back Tok Dyes!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fine, you and Ceno fight it out. I want Vesper now. All the bridges over water there are so romantic. It's also the city of Mages, if my memory serves me right.
Sorry, SK, Vesper is the City of Industry .. That sounds rather California-ish, doesn't it!!! :D

Vesper, City of Industry
Wind, City of Magicka

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, this is all for player run cities Ken, not UO towns =P
and you can keep luna! i only go there if i have too...and even then i hate it.
my town is Moonglow =)

and the town of mages "was" Mag......
Moonglow is also a town for mages, as well as Wind since you need magery to enter
So does this mean I can't claim Horseshoe Island for Cartel?

And I'll still take Vesper, the City of Industry does have a nice ring to it.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not asking what kind of "industry" you'd run Ken =P

"oooo! look at all the pretty red lights over in that district!"

C

Cymidei Fier

I claim Wind and the area surrounding the Dark Tower.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I claim these lands on behalf of....

Oh wait wrong room.:D

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So does this mean I can't claim Horseshoe Island for Cartel?

And I'll still take Vesper, the City of Industry does have a nice ring to it.
I vote your claim for Horseshoe Island just be grandfathered in.

Now that you've claimed Vesper, too, can you do something about all the rouge bees over at the beekeepers'?

K

Kurpur

Da Orciez hab ull da lanz! Da Wargudz gib tu uz tu prutek agh tu uz. Wez hab liazun wif Dawnurk agh Avalonurk bud wez wul prutek ull lanz frum falz Warboz!

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stay out of Wind, Cymidei !!! I have not seen anyone in MY city, Wind, in some time. I hire SuperKen and the rest of the Cartel if I have to. Though all of DT combined can't take me out.... I've been getting some pointers on killing.

Dodger

C

Cymidei Fier

Though all of DT combined can't take me out.... I've been getting some pointers on killing.

Dodger
What are you talking about Dodger? If we can't kill you why do you need to hire the Cartel for protection? I think those guys have better things to do than babysit role players at the bank. I kill you all the time...BTW your protection money is due.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note: 'The deadline for registrations has been extended to Sunday June 14th. The tentative plan for the trial is to hold it during the coming weekend. Also please continue to check the website for updates, should anything change.'