• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Professor Jenkins Evades Capture! Demands Lady Maya! (recap)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Fellow Britannians!

As I had sworn off Felucca, it was with no small amount of trepidation that I passed through the moongate to Yew, Fel. One just doesn't ignore a summons from the Queen. Especially not when she herself was willing to take the risk and it had been a cry for all of Britannia. Apparently that dastardly Professor Jenkins had been spotted and it really was necessary to curtail his evil plans. Obviously Felucca was the best place for him to hide, as the place was brimming with miscreants but I feared for the safety of both myself, and the Royal Guard. Would we have to watch for the murderers and thieves as well as the Mad Professor?

I stepped to the outer ring just a few moments before Queen Dawn arrived. The Guard gathered quickly around her, and surprisingly, so did several of Felucca's most wanted. Apparently they too were concerned over what Professor Jenkins had planned.

Her Majesty quickly pressed for caution, as the Professor had been seen heading for Yew, though her orders were without question. "Take him and his evilness down!"

Professor Jenkins had sworn to unleash his mutations on the whole of Sosaria and within moments of the Queen's orders, the Mad Scientist marched right up and declared himself. Mad man indeed!

Professor Jenkin's laughter filled the air as creatures from the bog surrounded the Royal Guard. His voice ringing with insanity, he called out death upon us all amid ludicrous demands for Lady Maya's return.

Queen Dawn herself, forgetting her present stature, jumped into the fray and fought back the beasts with a vengeance. One would think she couldn't be harmed at all with the fierceness she showed her opponent.

For every one creature killed, two more sprang up in it's place. I lost count of the number of deaths, ours and theirs. Rising up over the sounds of sword, armor, and steed; over the sounds of energy sizzling and lightnings fire, came the mad cries for Lady Maya.

The Professor must have decided his bog minions were not completing his task as intended, and thus he called for one of his mutations. A giant serpent that looked much like it had originally called the void it's home. It rained down white streaks from the sky, targeting all within range.

After a harrowing battle, the Royal Guard did Britannia proud! The mutated snake fell. Unfortunately, that would not be the end as the Professor had one last fiend this night, and it attacked the weary Guard, leaving them scrambling to gain ground.

Yet, gain they did, and it was with pride that I watched the disappointment smear the maniacal grin from Professor Jenkins face. Equally proud, Queen Dawn snidely asked the madman what he had expected. As if the esteemed Guard couldn't handle any and all that he would throw at them.

Our victory would be short-lived, however. As Professor Jenkins promised further terror to come. Then, much to the Queens dismay, he vanished.

Gathering around our brave Queen Dawn, the Royal Guard took stock in this eve's battle. It was clear that the Lady Maya would need further protection as Professor Jenkins had left behind his testament to that fact. Along with the proof of his mad experiment.

Having issued a warning to remain vigilant, Queen Dawn left the gathering. Her concern for Lady Maya, still confined at Castle Britain, paramount in her mind. Would that madman go so far as to attack Castle Britain next? Her majesty voiced her uneasiness at that prospect and asked that we look in on Lady Maya.

I arrived to see her up, but it was obvious she had not made a full recovery as yet. In fact, though her color had returned to normal, she continued to be plagued by that hacking cough. Myself and others talked quietly with her for some time. Waylaying her concerns over that evening's doings, and attempting to dissuade her notions of joining the Royal Guard when next they are called to battle her old mentor.

She seemed much less concerned for her own safety, instead seeking to warn the Guard that her friend had been quite intelligent once. That she had no way of knowing, in his current frame of mind, what evilness he was capable of. "Be brave!" she urged us all.

On a side note, the conversation had one lightening moment in that Gorn had been to visit often. Had even attempted to bring Lady Maya flowers and had been quite put out that he had been forbidden due to her health and confinement. The Lady herself blushed prettily as she spoke. Just goes to show how truly rare a person Lady Maya is. Even with the danger presently surrounding her, she shows decorum, and the masses whispering of a romance between the two... may be less than fantasy.

Best gaming wishes to all!
Salya Sin

More...

S

Salya Sin

Why do people feel the need to drop a E-Field on my poor house...sigh :thumbdown:
You're just popular?

Thanks Radugast!

And a special thanks to Treebeard(sp?) for the copy of the books... and to Lake for hanging at the bank and dropping that mort/pest on my head. I didn't even know about that one! :)