• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Peasants Rejoice! Affordable Artifacts Available!

• Thread starter imported_Blackrock Frank
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Blackrock Frank

Hail, unwashed masses! It is I, Lord Franklin, bringing you news that is sure to bring a smile to your grubby faces. As you have no doubt heard, massive amounts of Artifacts have been unearthed in Dungeon Doom. Warriors and mages alike have been returning from adventures loaded down with these ancient, mystical treasures. Archers, especially, have been having great luck slaying the overlords who have hoarded these powerful relics. What does that mean to you, my dear, smelly friends?

Think it through. You know the answer.

No? It is a good thing they hired me to spell these things out for you. Since there are so many artifacts coming into the world, it means that prices for those artifacts are dropping like tamers taking on Lich Lord Paragons!

I took a stroll through Luna today and was amazed at how cheaply you can purchase many of these artifacts now. Prices have dropped to less than half, and in some cases less than one-third, of what these items cost just months ago. It is a buyer's market, to be sure! If you are not able to dive into Doom yourself, here's a great opportunity to purchase weapons and armor that might make you a more worthwhile underling.

For example, take this Armor of Fortune. Prices on AoFs were recently hovering between 18 and 22 million gold. This was available in Luna for 11 million gold tonight. Quite a price drop!

<center>
</center>

Can't afford an AoF? How about a BoH? Bracelets of Health were very popular during the recent invasion of Magincia, as they regenerate your health quickly. They helped warriors deal with the neverending fire fields. These were selling for anywhere from 2 to 5 million during the war. Today's price? A mere 950,000 gold pieces.

<center>
</center>

I personally could not resist the deal on this Breath of the Dead. Swinging a bladed weapon is far beneath me, but I do look very sexy holding it, so I went ahead and bought this one for a token 150,000 gold pieces.

<center>
</center>

I'm not the only one finding that these bargains are impossible to pass up. There were several vendors in Luna advertising inexpensive artifacts, only to be completely sold out of all merchandise.

<center>
</center>

A word of advice from me, because I know you can use it. Shop around. Prices currently vary greatly from one vendor to the next.

<center>

</center>

Also, be wary of cursed artifacts. While they provided a cheap alternative for you poorer individuals, the price gap between cursed artifacts and "real" artifacts has narrowed. Cursed artifacts cannot be insured, so if you die like the clumsy oaf you most likely are, and stumble around unable to return to your corpse, you will lose your precious artifacts.

On the other end of the spectrum, I came across this Blessed Ornament of the Magician for the paltry sum of 65 million gold.

<center>
</center>

If any of you loyal citizens would like to present me with this as a gift, I would not refuse. The only thing I can think of that would make this bauble more beautiful is it being on my wrist.

May You Live In Interesting Times,
Lord Franklin
[Blackrock Infected]

G

Now that I know you are stalking the grounds of Luna I will unlock my door and let some freah air in the house. I am still going to keep a sharp eye out for you though. Don't think you can fool me by letting down my guard with all this shopping talk.