• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Official Recognition of Pitmuck

M

Merik

Official Recognition of Pitmuck
As witnessed by Typesetter Ashlynn

It is not often we common folk are witness to the proclamations of nobles, especially regarding the official recognition of new settlements. But today, I, Ashlynn of the PaxLair Reporters, was permitted to see such a thing. For you see, the servants of the crown (who I assume represent the throne of Britannia) did bless the not particularly well known town of Pitmuck with a great standard declaring that this settlement will be known from now until the fall of civilization, a place recognized by all peoples, Human, Elf and Gargish alike.

But Pitmuck has a strange character of its own. It is not a society of Humans or Elves, oh no. It is a society of Goblins! Not the vicious, cunning and hateful creatures you may expect (though some would certainly call them pests), but a relatively civilized band keen to the ways of Britannians and most notably obsessed with deserts made from ice, of all things.
It must be said however that this obsession with ice has earned them the animosity of the troll tribes of ice island, so any visitors should be aware of this. Attacks by these troll bands seem quite frequent, I myself was the victim of such an attack and only by virtue of my Kryss was I able to survive.

Still, anyone wishing to visit Pitmuck can find the settlement on the south of Horseshoe Island. One should travel there armed. Though the inhabitants may come across as frustrating, it is their troll enemies that are the real threat, the residents being fairly benign but for their desire to gift you with ice cream, nibble upon your forearm and urinate upon your leg.
Accommodation is quite favorable however, with the residents of Pitmuck providing suites fully appropriate for Human and Elf alike. Perhaps only Gargoyles may have cause for complaint.