• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Official Pacific PvP Arena

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the official Pacific PvP Arena that EM Cyno Razik built for us, there is a gate at the Britain Hall in Felucca that leads to it. There is also a two immortal wandering healers outside of it, a red and a blue one. I got to spoke with our EM, he has said he will make changes if need as well, if we don't like it, he can make changes, but the arena is built so you can't cast into the pit from the floors, and still watch. Let's all have fun in this glorious arena that we have!

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got to spoke with our EM, he has said he will make changes if need as well, if we don't like it, he can make changes, but the arena is built so you can't cast into the pit from the floors, and still watch.

**thinks the news reporter should learn to form sentences**

or are you role playing a 7yrold? lol

S

SUPRsalad

i wouldn't have a problem with it, but i do..

i have several:

one. the floor is too big.. too much running around is no good.. a fight can last for hours that way..

two. that gate is no good. plus that corner there can be used to get out of the line of sight of spells.. no good..

three. can't kick anyone out if we needed to..

four. the tellies are confusing.

five, can't recall directly in. i.e. takes too much time to get a fight rolling..

six, cant store anything there. (like bet money)

seven, it is NOT called the thunderdome.. rename it to the thunderdome and fix everything else and I'll love it to death.

sorry, im not trying to be a jerk, its just constructive criticism.

i.e. seriously tho? just let me build it/own it...

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While that is true, I suspect that our EM will hold his OWN events there and not just players.. I assume that is why it was built in the first place. So while we have our official arena, we can continue to use player ones for player run events.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**thinks the news reporter should learn to form sentences**

or are you role playing a 7yrold? lol
Well, I was running late on this one and wanted to get it out the door, I had just woke up and was in a rush.. I know, I should take my time next time, and I will.. :p

S

SUPRsalad

oh no! hey, if people want their fight at this joint, and they both agree to it,
its fine.

im just saying, i have my reasons for building my own.
frankly, It would be cool if the EM's just took my ball and ran with it!
FRANKLY, i wish i wasn't in charge of this thing/had to pay for the prizes out of my own pocket, but i really want this to happen and im willing to put in the time/sacrafice.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree with everything that suprsalad recommended for change...especially not being able to kick people out if they arent cooperating..also is it possible for the outside the arena to be some sort of no fight zone?

B

Balian of Asgard

im confused as to how this all began, salad started the original fresh concept and now there is a bigger one built on the same shard at the same time, seems like a whos DIC# is bigger competition.

M

mutau

Yup Balian. Last thing we need is pissing contest in regards to the Arena. There's a lot of pissing contests here on other topics. I agree with SUPRsalad. Having it privately owned will help to ensure safety. And if i remember right, Safety was the #1 concern of Trammies who wanted to view the matches. But trammies also have to remember, you're not going to a friend's house, you're going to the Thunderdome in FEL. FEL.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the official one wont work unless it is able to be controlled by players and fixed to how it would function as a better arena..honestly they should just copy suprsalds house and make it to scale

V

Verdex

im confused as to how this all began, salad started the original fresh concept and now there is a bigger one built on the same shard at the same time, seems like a whos DIC# is bigger competition.
Cyno's was built a several weeks ago, it's just now being reported about... I know when it was opened for the first time as I was the first one to die in it!

B

Balian of Asgard

I have a very flexible right leg because my foot is always in my mouth

S

Storm Shadow

Cyno's was built a several weeks ago, it's just now being reported about... I know when it was opened for the first time as I was the first one to die in it!
And I was the first to win! Wooot!