• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Of Casca, and Naked Quests for Books!

L

Lady Mana

Not too long ago, ‘Lord’ Casca met with the people of Britannia and delivered a speech to the masses. He said:

“Citizens of Britannia, it has been a great while since my last appearance.
The memorial of the dearly departed Clanin seems as though it was not long ago.
However, it has been longer then one may think.
It seems these lands have forgotten what his death meant.
What the virtues truly mean to, or should mean to us all.
The greed of the ones that have ravaged the Tokuno Isles is fresh on our minds.
But it seems not as many would try to help the Empress to retrieve her items.
It seems these lands fraught with anguish have forgotten what the virtues teach us.
Perhaps it is time to remember that in times such as this...
that compassion and honesty are a good rule of thumb.
Compassion to a ruler that needs your help.
Honesty to return her items.
We need the Empress’s good blessings at this time,
and it would be most prudent to me! I mean us to help her.
There are some that may defy the virtues
and even try to create versions of their own.
These people must be stopped.
Even now I hear of books that may spread the word of such things.
Be on the look out for evidence of this treachery
and keep in mind those that spread these rumors,
shall be handled swiftly.
Stay vigilant my citizens.
Your King is concerned only for your well being and safety.”

Then, on Sunday night, Maya Demeter called forth the people of Britannia and urged them to venture in to the dungeon of Despise and collect a number of books. Is there a link? Maybe… .but there was definitely a catch! All adventurers in the dungeon had to be completely naked, with only a lantern to light their way.
As everyone set out, it was soon evident that their newfound fashion sense matched closely with the monsters of the dungeon themselves! Yes, indeed. Loincloth much?

The following image might be hard to read, so visit the link directly: http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/napavalley/books_fiorella.jpg

Eventually people gathered outside the dungeon and were gated to the room of the Book of Truth just under the lycaeum. It was rather quiet inside the room while everyone waited in anticipation to give Maya the books, but soon after all the texts were counted, a gate opened up to the Counselor’s Hall in Britain and the fun continued! The winners were announced, and Cream Pies were given and thrown!!

I would like to congratulate the winners who managed to gather the most books, and hand them in:

First place, announcing Book Master!
Pete ran a close second place, congratulations!
Last but not least, Odin Firefly!

Yours truly didn’t participate, but was able to watch some of the fun unfold. It looked like a blast! I think everyone is glad to have their clothes on, again, though. Or perhaps they were glad to get them off? Well, I’m sure the ettins and lizardmen are glad they don’t have to see anymore naked Britannians for a while!

Regards,
Lady Mana
Lieutenant of the Royal Britannian Guards