• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] No Smoke Without Fire!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taken from: The Golden Brew Tavern
No smoke without fire!

Thursday, July 30, 2009
By EMSeppo

“Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.”

Lord Casca tried to calm his mind as he tried to digest the information provided to him by his spy. The humiliation that he felt at the escape of Aino Nystad, coupled with the ineffectiveness of his mercenary campaign, had left him frayed and frazzled.

So, the wench’s brother had formed an alliance with the rebels…

“Operation Royal Flush, sire!”, his spy had informed him.

But it was the mention of Dawn which really heckled him. In their current state, the rebels and their operation, remained a group of outlaws with little support amongst the aristocrats. However, this could change drastically if they managed to recruit Dawn. Not to mention, the popularity she still enjoys amongst the Royal Guards. The combination of Aino and Dawn could tilt the scales against him!

“Women! They will be the death of me!”, snorts Casca, as his mind races back to the words of Lady Oriana. He continued to pace back and forth, trying to compose himself.

“What has gotten into me!? It feels as if a wretched curse lies heavy on me, stealing any chance of solace!”

Suddenly realizing that the spy was still in his room, he stops in his track. And at that moment, he also makes up his mind about Dawn.

“Let’s see how Dawn feels about fire! After all, a small spark neglected has often kindled a mighty conflagration.”

[Reporter note: please take note that Seppo means the person named Dawn, and NOT the Kingdom of Dawn]

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh goodies, even from the far reaches of the other world, I can bother is royal hindness. *grins wide*