• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Napa's Maze Of Death Is Open To The Public!

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians!

In case you missed the Super Secret Surprise meeting at the Counselor's Hall the other evening, allow me to fill you in. Our esteemed EM's have delivered a truly exciting gift to Napa!

And it's permanent! Our very own Death Maze! A four level maze with a surprise kick at the end!

The Rules:
No Casting Teleport
No Gating
No Recalling in

The Object:
Find the hidden teleporters to each level but be careful, there is also a hidden teleporter that will take you back to the beginning, forcing you to run the gauntlet again!

Sounds easy enough, right? We certainly found out! The hardest part, is surviving the spawn, and accidentally falling through the teleporter.

I promise you, no one did it on purpose. Not the first couple of times. Maybe not even the third time of tripping the wrong portal and having to restart. What was so difficult? Well. You can't see the teleporter. It's hidden. So if you hit it, you are in the next area mid-stride, and playing catch up with the next band of attacking creatures! It was a BLAST! Everyone running around like mad, looked a lot like chickens before Sunday brunch!

And to give you an idea of what we currently face (the EM's said they would be periodically changing the spawn!)?

In the first level, a Succubus is there strolling along to greet you. Watch out, as you may not be able to cast teleport, but she can. I saw her earlier today plotting with the mob in the final area.

At the second level, you get pack hunted by Poison Elementals. If you were lucky, they had not already been casting on you over the walls!(Which you can do as well.)

When you reach the third, you face large, angry spiders, Dread to be exact. Stay clear of the edges on this one, or you'll find yourself getting hit by them, and the darned Poison Elementals!

And the last square to get to, the ominous fourth. What we thought would be the end? Well, to be honest, for a lot of us, it was. That Hydra hits like a train! One hit kills. Nasty disposition and most eager to chase you around that swirl of hedges!

Thanks Fisher!

Then pop, under the ground we go and it's into a swarm of Paragons of the Rune Beetle and Dragon variety. Oh... and for that first run, Mesanna's nightmarish mount, a wicked looking Skeletal Steed! (Later when I went through, Mesanna had been kind enough to leave Medusa lying in wait!) I was told by the EM's that she would not be a normal contender.

Fighting through all that, and much more, we arrived at the end of the line where a statue awaited the opening night runners! And what did we get for our hazardous trek through Napa's Maze of Death? Our skulls, colored and labeled! Fitting I should say...

And to our EMs? Thanks for all the work you two put into this! It was outstanding!
Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with quig, Salya. You are doing a great job.

I think I said this before, but... you write very well and it is always interesting to read what you post.

Has anyone completed the maze since the first night? Is there still a reward available if you reach the end?

I heard the statue was removed about an hour after maze's opening. I would be interested in knowing if it was replaced or if something else was added. Anyone know?

BlissMarie

A

adester

I was thinking about going back through tonight after the event. :)

S

Salya Sin

From what I understand, there isn't anything going to normally be at the end of the Maze. I imagine that when they use the Maze for an event... they will most likely do something, but for everyday... it's just something new for us to play in. :)

And thanks everyone for the appreciation! It's great to hear.