• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Name The Silver Steed Contest Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please Note, I have received word it is with deep regrets, the contest has been cancelled.

Name the Silver Steed Contest

Now that the citizens of Origin have obtained level 11 at the Moonglow Zoo and have recently received the elusive Silver Steed, we feel that this wondrous creature deserves an appropriate name. (To view the thread announcing the arrival of the new Steed, click here.)

CCC Guild, along with Lady Vivian, a member of A.V. Guild, would like to offer a few prizes to the person who can come up a fitting name for the Origin Zoo’s latest addition.

Entries for the “Name the Silver Steed Contest” should be submitted by replying to this thread.

Simply post the name you think would seem fitting for our Silver Steed, and a panel of impartial judges will make the final decision on March 1, 2009. (Sara is recruiting the judges from other shards.)

Prizes so far are 1 Million Gold and a Hitching post.
Honorable Mention prizes will be also awarded.

Get your creative juices flowing and join the fun!

(Please note: This is for fun only, the actual steed at the zoo will not be renamed.)

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I propose SILVER ARROW. or Perseverance. If the judges accept my participation in the contest.

C

Crystal Canyon

I was just talking to some folks around town and there are many that don't use the Stratics boards, but would like to participate in the contest.

Due to this fact, we will let players submit thier ideas to us and we will then submit their entries to the judges for review.

Gunner, I was afraid you would come up with some name like "Ghost Rider"!
Sounds alot like Ghost Writer!!!! opps..my bad! ;)

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just talking to some folks around town and there are many that don't use the Stratics boards, but would like to participate in the contest.

Due to this fact, we will let players submit thier ideas to us and we will then submit their entries to the judges for review.

Gunner, I was afraid you would come up with some name like "Ghost Rider"!
Sounds alot like Ghost Writer!!!! opps..my bad! ;)
I thought about it and said "na".

I think we should require entries to be placed in a book with the entrants name on them if entries are to be given to CCC members.

F

Flora Green

Aside from the main prize, there's no other point to this?

C

Crystal Canyon

Aside from the main prize, there's no other point to this?
Id say about the same point as LSN's Zoo Event, beings as it accomplishes nothing except to have fun and entertain the shard. Lady Vivian of A.V. has already dedicated a great deal of her time and efforts into recruiting folks to stock the Zoo. It is because of her efforts that the Zoo is at the highest level possible.

Another stocking the Zoo event does nothing but provide the citizens of Origin with entertainment, which is a very noble thing to do, but not something neccesary to mantain the shard. The same is very true of the naming contest. It is entertainment and a service to the people of Origin.

Do we really get to put the chosen name on the Silver Steed? Well no, but it is any more far fetched than Intoxication speaking to the zoologist and him telling her that someone let some of the zoo animals loose? Do you honestly believe this happened?

It seems that some of the animals living in the Britannia Royal Zoo have gone missing. After speaking with Iakas, the zoologist working for the zoo, Intoxication found out that a lot of the animals had been let out over night. It is still unknown who let these beautiful beasts out or why.
If this is going to turn out to be yet another of the "drama events" like what happened when we attempted to have some fun with story telling here on the boards, just say so. We will gladly call off the entire "Naming the Steed Contest". That would be the greatest thing I know of that we could do for our shard. And we are here to help Origin have fun, play the game, and try to maintain some sense of loyality to the folks of Origin.

I

Intoxication

I don't remember there being a lot of drama in the story telling thread. I thought it turned out well, I even wrote a pretty long post to the story in it.

C

Crystal Canyon

I don't remember there being a lot of drama in the story telling thread. I thought it turned out well, I even wrote a pretty long post to the story in it.
What happened there, and Im sure you will remember, was that everytime anyone posted to parts to the story, certain individuals would post snide and rude comments to them about what they had written. The comments upset posters to the point that they would apologize, thinking that they had done something wrong, when in fact, they hadnt. One person even took his part of the story completely off and send me a P.M. saying he was sorry.

This continued until one of our gracious Moderators actually took all of the rude comments out of the story line so that it could be continued.

Unfortunantly, the damage had already been done and people didnt want to continue.

Like I said, we just wanted to have fun with this, but no biggie to call off the contest in order to spare Origin anymore drama. We will all continue to have fun playing UO!.... Forever I hope!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.