• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Misfits of Society Hosting Sunday Night Taming At Moonglow Zoo

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms]Misfits of Society Help Moonglow Zoo[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1]Under the leadership of guildmistress Toni Fierce, M!S has resumed one-hour Sunday Taming Night turn-ins at Moonglow Zoo. Anyone may join in, and can either turn-in pets for points for themselves; or transfer the pets to the M!S representative, Darcia, who then donates the animals to the zoo. Darcia also records the names of those transferring pets to her. When there are enough points, the guild holds a dice roll, and the winner gets to claim a zoo reward.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1]This past Sunday, January 4, 2008, in one hour the group gained 129,908 points for the zoo ... an astounding 2165.33 points per minute![/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1]This is great way to help maintain the Baja Moonglow Zoo, and to work up taming skills. If you wish to participate, Sunday Taming Night begins at 8 p.m. PST (9 p.m. MST, 10 p.m. CST, 11 p.m. EST).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1]In reference to a question about shard events Toni Fierce commented, 'What I think would be nice if there was a representative from each guild that could get together and plan events for all guilds to do together.'[/SIZE][/FONT]

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait...there are Zoo rewards?!

I didn't know that. What are these rewards? Are they...PvP worthy?

Oh, and good to see M!S active and having fun!

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait...there are Zoo rewards?!

I didn't know that. What are these rewards? Are they...PvP worthy?
Most is decor, some armor pieces but for PvP you proabably already have better armor

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info, UO Relic.

I'm not much of a tamer anyways, but I do agree that guilds should organize events to do together.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunday, January 11, M!S added another 254,064 points to the zoo during their Taming Night hour, bringing their total reward points to 376,972.

The Zoo is at Tier 10, with 10,527,638 points at the end of this Taming Night.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Taming Night, Sunday, January 18, M!S, added 344,980 zoo donation points. This brought the guild total to 721,952 points, which is enough for two of the interactive statues and a good start towards a third statue.

Darcia [M!S] reports Taming Night is growing, with eleven tamers donating last night.

Moonglow Zoo is currently at Tier 10, with 10,793,696 total zoo points.

Thank you, M!S, for helping our zoo! :thumbsup:

(Are there any taming guilds out there that would like to issue a challenge to M!S for a taming turn-in competition?)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of these Sundays I'll remember to come to this. I have a tamer in training that would benefit from this a lot.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This past Sunday, February 1, another 250,000 points were added to the zoo during Sunday Night taming. The zoo is still at tier 11, and has all the animals (including the Silver Steed) on display.

After a dice roll, M!S awarded the following five tamers Zoo Reward statues:

1. Hustler [M!S]
2. Devin [M!S]
3. Luna Tic [TAO]
4. Lexi [M!S]
5. Lil Debi [TAO]

These names will now be moved to the bottom of the list, and they will be eligible to roll again after everyone who participates has won something.

Reminder: This is a shard wide, open event. Anyone can participate, just show up at Moonglow Zoo next Sunday!

Thanks M!S for sponsoring Sunday Night Taming and preserving our zoo collection!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunday, February 22, the M!S points started out at 111,506 and finished at 144,106, adding 32,600 to the rewards to be rolled for.

Welcome to Regina [PAX], the newest tamer contributing points, and becoming eligible for a chance in the next dice roll for rewards!

H

house4saleUO

This past Sunday, February 1, another 250,000 points were added to the zoo during Sunday Night taming. The zoo is still at tier 11, and has all the animals (including the Silver Steed) on display.

After a dice roll, M!S awarded the following five tamers Zoo Reward statues:

1. Hustler [M!S]
2. Devin [M!S]
3. Luna Tic [TAO]
4. Lexi [M!S]
5. Lil Debi [TAO]

These names will now be moved to the bottom of the list, and they will be eligible to roll again after everyone who participates has won something.

Reminder: This is a shard wide, open event. Anyone can participate, just show up at Moonglow Zoo next Sunday!

Thanks M!S for sponsoring Sunday Night Taming and preserving our zoo collection!
Thats awsome I will be there this Sunday. I'm a drake taming fool!!!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunday, February 22, the M!S points started out at 111,506 and finished at 144,106, adding 32,600 to the rewards to be rolled for.

Welcome to Regina [PAX], the newest tamer contributing points, and becoming eligible for a chance in the next dice roll for rewards!
I stumbled on the event and had fun the few minutes I was able to join you. Will you be doing a repeat this Sunday evening? Also, do I need to transfer the pets to someone else to donate to be included in the dice roll?

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stumbled on the event and had fun the few minutes I was able to join you. Will you be doing a repeat this Sunday evening? Also, do I need to transfer the pets to someone else to donate to be included in the dice roll?
Tina,
M!S does this event every Sunday evening. As for how to be included in the dice roll, Darcia and/or Toni Fierce are there every Sunday, and would be the ones to ask.

B

BardMal

What a hoot it was to watch last night!

I don't know if I want to hang out and make gate scrolls next week, or run my newbie tamer until he passes out from exhaustion totting polar bears.

I do know I would like to say this:

no ducks were harmed during the presentation of this message. :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a hoot it was to watch last night!

I don't know if I want to hang out and make gate scrolls next week, or run my newbie tamer until he passes out from exhaustion totting polar bears.

I do know I would like to say this:

no ducks were harmed during the presentation of this message. :)
Last night's Sunday Night Taming was a great success. Another 242,818 points was added to the Zoo turn-in points, bringing the points available to be rolled for to 386,924.

There many returning tamers, plus new participants Kat MacBroeden [DWN], Reap, and Savannah Rose [UTB]. (Savannah Rose and her husband, Malice En'Loki, recently transferred to Baja, and are building new characters. Malice was kind enough to come standby, making gate scrolls for Savannah so she could gate her tames to the Zoo.) There were many remarks about taming and lore points gained by several of the new tamers.

It doesn't matter what your taming skill is. Just join in every Sunday evening, transfer your tames to Darcia [M!S] at the turn in area, be eligible to roll for zoo rewards!

Sandman [M!S] mentioned the untimely demise and suspicious death of Toni Fierce's [M!S] pet duck, Butter, which resulted in a great many 'duck' remarks during the course of the event.

ToniFierce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Tina, if you transfer your pet to Darcia, she'll add you to the list to be able to roll. PM me your icq# and I"ll make sure you don't miss taming night OR the roll!! :)

(I did not kill that duck!! Butters died a natural death :( )