• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Mini-Event [April 18th] start Location changed!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The start location for tonight’s Mini-Event at 7:30 p.m. EST have been moved to the Councilors (EM) Hall in Britain, Trammel. Sorry for the short notice and please do tell your friends.

In shocking news Lord Owain Surrey is now laying unconscious on his bed in the hall. The questions that has crossed everyone’s minds is how did this happen, who done this to him and why?

Some of the answers are in a book by Kasaven found on the floor beside the bed. Here is what is written in it.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed the event....what happened?????
I happened to be enjoying a guys weekend so I missed it myself. All the wives of my family and friends went to NYC and us guys got together to BBQ steaks and drink massive amounts of beer. Even though I am single myself I could not pass up on a chance for some male bonding while the girls were away. So someone else will have to tell us what happened?

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bridge got washed out and I was stuck without internet or a repair man all night. I missed this one also.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh gosh...I wan't really expecting on giving a report...um. In a nutshell, Kasaven told us that we needed to find three ingredients for Owain. The first one was um... a special moss. I forget where everyone found it. The second one was um...an item on some blue hued ratmen within the Britain sewers. And the final ingredient was on a sphinx in Fellucca. Then though...we were told to get another ingredient off of some "Putrid Elementals" that were spawning in a swamp that Kasaven opened a gate too. "We" eventually got all the stuff, Owain awakened...and said that he needed more time to rest. Then Kasaven took everyone to see the new reward hall.

There, I'm sure I left out much detail...but that is it in a nutt-shell.

C

Cleo

I have some of the transcript. It was an enjoyable event, started off with an oracle at the alcahemist shop, had to find ingredients to make a potion to heal Owain. First was found at after fighting some blue and black rats in the sewers and some back story I can't remember. Then the oracle gave us a riddle , something about in the lost lands, burried in sands, and then something about egypt. turned out to be at sphinx in fel.

not sure where the other ingredient was, then the last one kasavan got us all
together and gated to a swamp where we fought a large group of 'putrid elementals' strong elementals and he told us to recover the malodor of the putrid elemental and bring it to him, which was supposed to recover Owain from the spell that was cast on him (apparently the red book that is usually in the hall was stolen and someone used that spell) and then the other ingredients formed a potion which was used to cure the concentrated silver serpent venom that he was injected with.

and at the end after Owain gave a speech Kasavan took us to the reward hall and the 4 individuals who recovered the ingredients got their names put on plaques and put in the hall. All in all I had a lot of fun,though I didn't get any of the ingredients :(
I didn't get any screenshots, i dont have a program for them, but here is the journal of the speeches.

EM Kasaven: (Warning: Do NOT drag Owain’s body, or your client WILL crash.)
EM Kasaven: Friends! It seemed only moments ago we lamented for Clainin.
EM Kasaven: Now we find ourselves on the verge of losing another great mage.
EM Kasaven: I know not how we got to this point,
EM Kasaven: but of late, treachery is written on every Britannian crevice,
EM Kasaven: it is written on the castle walls and on the guard’s faces.
EM Kasaven: It is written in the utterances of smooth talking politicians.
EM Kasaven: It is written in the hearts of many citizens.
EM Kasaven: We must act, in haste. Our first step is healing Owain, lest
EM Kasaven: he meet the same fate as many who spoke out against corruption.
EM Kasaven: Grizelda has agreed to come in our aid.
EM Kasaven: She is the wisest Alchemist left in Britannia,
EM Kasaven: and her loyalty to Lord British rivals that of Sherry the Mouse.
EM Kasaven: Any ingredients she requires, bring to me. I will take them together to her.
EM Kasaven: They are all quickly decaying, and easily misused.
EM Kasaven: (Warning:The ingredients have timers on them, so bring them to me here as soon as you find them)
EM Kasaven: I will delay no longer, time is of the essence.
EM Kasaven: Go to Grizelda and inquire about Owain, she is in the mage shop just south of here.

Lord Owain Surrey: *Slowly sits up from his bed.*
Lord Owain Surrey: Aaaaaaaaaagh.
Lord Owain Surrey: *looks around the room, his head reeling.*
Lord Owain Surrey: Whaa..what has happened??
Lord Owain Surrey: Last I remember..I was walking to Blackthorn’s Castle.
Lord Owain Surrey: I stood outside the gates, ….the guards were gone.
Lord Owain Surrey: *begins to convulse*
Lord Owain Surrey: Aagh….I must sit down
Lord Owain Surrey: Give me space.. ..give me space..
Lord Owain Surrey: I walked, I remember…I remember…
Lord Owain Surrey: Undead. Hundreds of them.
Lord Owain Surrey: *head spins a bit in circle*
Lord Owain Surrey: Water..who has water, I need water.
(Some in the crowd apparently give him water)
Lord Owain Surrey: *Drinks it hastily*
Lord Owain Surrey: Thank you. Thank you.
Lord Owain Surrey: Where was I ….ah yes, Undead.
Lord Owain Surrey: I was surrounded. They appeared through a purple moongate,
Lord Owain Surrey: They were upon me in an instant.
Lord Owain Surrey: I fought long and hard,
Lord Owain Surrey: I cast a spell of flame on my broadsword,
Lord Owain Surrey: and I severed the heads of the damned.
Lord Owain Surrey: Bloody lich innards surrounded me, skeleton bones
Lord Owain Surrey: were cast around the courtyard like an ancient burial ground.
Lord Owain Surrey: Still, they came, too many.
Lord Owain Surrey: *sits for a moment, clutches his head in agony*
Lord Owain Surrey: I remember..I remember..a man in a black robe.
Lord Owain Surrey: I could not focus on him amongst the rain of magic the liches threw at me
Lord Owain Surrey: yet he wielded the red spellbook, the demonic treatise.
Lord Owain Surrey: I froze.
Lord Owain Surrey: His lips, his purple lips began to move and my reality became black.
Lord Owain Surrey: “Vas Wis An Ben” he wailed.
Lord Owain Surrey: And I fell, fell into darkness. I dreamt of death and hellfire.
Lord Owain Surrey: But I am alive.
Lord Owain Surrey: How is this so? Who has saved me?
(crowd tells some of story)
Lord Owain Surrey: I owe you all my life. Thank you! Thank you!
Lord Owain Surrey: I will repay my debt, my life was always for Britannia,
Lord Owain Surrey: but I will not rest until peace reigns in this land.
Lord Owain Surrey: *reaches out to embrace the people*
Lord Owain Surrey: *clutches his stomach*
Lord Owain Surrey: Aagh..still too weak..I must...I must rest.

Then he answered a few questions and Kasavan came back.