• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Meet the faces and races of KR

G

I visited the Body Sculptor in Britain and went through all the options with 3 characters, A human female, male and an elf female.
Although they will look different with different hair and facial growth, this will give you a rough idea.
So without further adieu, introducing the new faces and skins in Kingdom Reborn!

G

No they are all different, the only 2 that are nearly the same are 2 and 3, the only difference being theres more whites of the eyes on 3.
There isnt huge differences, longer facial features, winking, pouting but thats just how the look on one of my chars, they would look totally different on someone without hair all over their face or a different skin colour

G

Mmm, new skin....

*edit*

Apparently the body sculptor doesn't talk to you when you're in morphed form. Also you can't seem to have both the vampire paperdoll and the vamp form colouration at the same time (wtf..). What is it with KR and morphs? bugs, crashes, species-ist npcs..

C

Cymoril

What the!? I thought the body sculptors were just for the KR faces... I didn't realise there were all these (scary) bodies to choose from! Thanks for that Katlene - very informative!

G

I was just as shocked when i realised it was entire bodies too (it was after i took heaed shots of all fem char, then took of males top lot of clothing for his head shots and went HANG ON!)
Theres pictures on uo.com of them all but they look nothing like what they do in game. They seem to be dev pictures rather then in game if you understand my meaning.
I have to say im quite taken with the female pirate, nice lil bustier(sp?) instead of the cloth looking bra.
And the male pirates boxers made me lol very....err...fetching?

C

Cymoril

hehe yes, the bustier is nice! I don't think I'm ready for an eye-patch though!

G

Hee hee, I actually did realise that it was whole bodies, I remember someone (CatHat maybe?) posting about it quite a while ago - so as soon as I saw the news, I went and made Ma a "proper pirate"
Everyone else will be getting looks to suit their personalities too
Hee hee

I think they're great fun!

C

Cymoril

What does the body sculptor charge for these services, by the way? I can check tonight when I get home, but I was curious and am at work at the moment.

G

I didnt go through with changing any of my chars yesterday but there was no price tag that i could see

C

Cymoril

Oh! It's free!? Cool! I wonder if that's a temporary thing to balance things for those of us who didn't create their characters in KR. Anyway, I'm glad then I won't have to do the elf quest then human one just to get the faces I want for my chars!

S

SexyJo

*Looks around for Lady Kat*
I told you all a long about vampires, maybe now you will believe me.....

G

You have to log in KR to use a Body Sculptor. One hangs out near/in Luna mage shop. If you go to buy a make-over & he's away from his post, he'll teleport back into the shop.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I didnt go through with changing any of my chars yesterday but there was no price tag that i could see

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt cost anything my lady...Amathist got pirated up the other day. I really like the pirate option.

-

G

thats why they are hellian hun hahahaha need to get a back shot and see if there is a pointy tail
hey why dont the meers have tails? i want a tail

G

hellians are much like warrior people much like the maury people or for more of a movie aspect like the arcadians out of the scorpian king they are like what the hellians are.

KR was brought out to be a more simpler better version of 3d hmmmmm not complaining here but i dont see it being more simpler and easier to use caus its totally the opposite hmm maybe im being a little bias i should give it more of a go till i get used to it but yes it is definately different even some of the controls are totally new so if anyone wants the feel of what it was like when you first started UO then the closest you will get is try KR caus you seriously will feel unco playing it at first hehehe but all in all there are alot of good aspects about it aswell that i have noticed so im definately not against KR at all and yes my characters aka all 12 of them have now changed there bodies and they look pretty cool just a shame it doesnt show in 2d.

oh and if any devs read this post please make the fireworks work in 2d again its nothing big or prolly not greatly wanted by the masses but its a nice little touch every now and then.

G

ok background for the races brought to you by Matheryn

Hellians - Hellians are a warrior race derived from the primitive villages around lord blackthorns castle, stricken with constant attacks from all other races and monsters they grew to become a tough race of people. Not strong in population they turn to more mercenary classes such as gypsy traders or fall from grace and end up as bandits.

Anime - more of a comical relief for not so serious games or those that wish to portray there characters as superhero's in a game not really designed for such a thing

Elder - 10 years has passed within Ultima clearly people are going to get old so an elder race was bought out to signify those that have gotten old over time. This design is to show stature within the community, to show that even getting old does not mean you are feeble or weak but can still weild a sword or axe with the strongest of youth.

Juka - With the downfall of Blackthorn and the dissapearance of British and the new reapearance of the Elves other races have decided to colonise themselves into the solcial order of human civilisation one such group is the Juka, known to have aided Blackthorn on many campains now without a leading force they have let themselves be reduced to one of two fates - to mingle and cultervate themselves into society or revert back to there primitive barberic states of fudal wars with all other factions and races.

Meer - Untrusting of humans at first they kept away from society but with the decrease of there numbers and with the downfall of there enermies the juka the meer have decided to trust humans a little more and have had there ambassodors delegate with the human officials, some of the more dareing and trusting meer have even relocated to human civilisation where they find it safer than there underground caverns above castle blackthorn in illishnar.

Native Papuan - a small native village to the north in illishnar these native people live in primitive structures and plagues constantly by the swamp creatures and the undead sometimes weiry of humans these people have started to develop a small relationship with them, some of the more adventurous papuans have even decided to explore the human cities of Brittannia and colonise themselves in the more smaller townships.

Orcs - Being bred into a fudal aggressive and primitive race these monstrous humanoids have known only the destruction of all that is not them, but with there demise so many times over the years some of there more intellegent tactitions have decided to infiltrate human society with what is believe to be a more tamer sociable Orc, will this treachery go unnoticed till it is too late only time will tell.

Pirate - Originally based in Buccaneers Den the pirate society has broadened its horizons over the years of turmoil and has benifited them greatly now establishing themselves strongly in the port of cove battleing against the Brittanian Guard and also the Ferocious Orcs.

Undead - Once thought of as walking corpses bound to graveyards these unsavory characters are starting to infiltrate society as we know it. hearing a scream down a dark alley or seeing a trickle of blood under a closed door then your bound to know that the undead have been there, there numbers grow with every fallen and wont be happy till they have consumed the entire planet.

Vampire - More intellegent version of the undead these creatures of the night fear the daylight for obvious reasons so seeing one of these characters will be hard to do as night is there playground and have adapted quite well over the generations to it, they will be more prominant in fudal cities where the population is vast moreso for the greater amount of food sorce and lesser chance of being caught by the guards.

*These descriptions are recorded based on one mans interpretations of his travels and are in no way to be considered gospel but all accounts to date have been accuratly recorded and hold true* hope you enjoy

G

What a fantastic read - do you mind if I copy this for my guild? As I am sure others especially those who role play will find it fascinating and may even have something to add to it.

G

hehe by all means i enjoy when people read and like what i write not that its all the best mind you its unpunctuated and prolly lots of spelling errors but yeah its good to see you enjoyed it

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where are the Arachnasapiens!? Poor Dimity is excluded again!

[/ QUOTE ]

well you should share a little about the Arach *slips and stumbles over the word* nasapiens

G

Thought you didnt like spiders ammy? :p what with their 8 legs to climb them up on your bed, pointy fangs, multiple sets of eyes staring at you while you sleep....

*giggles*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thought you didnt like spiders ammy? :p what with their 8 legs to climb them up on your bed, pointy fangs, multiple sets of eyes staring at you while you sleep....

*giggles*

[/ QUOTE ]

And in Human form at that!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

*giggles*

[/ QUOTE ]

*shudders* did you not notice I had trouble saying the word *gets the heebie jeebies*

But if cymmy feels they need to be represented I shall just choose not to read about the spider part and will embrace the human side *grins*

And any way because I have an Arach person in my guild perhaps they will keep the 8 legged kind away from me and there fangs to themselves......................I HOPE.