• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Manhunt!

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Manhunt!

Sara Uther scooped out a heaping mound of mince pie onto Sherriff Brax’s plate. “Brax I am so worried about Owen because no one has seen him or heard from him since the orcs attacked. I’m afraid” Sara said with a nervous laugh.

Brax leaned back in his chair, smiling as he drained his mug of the last drop of ale. “Owen won’t die to orcs, he’s too crafty. It’s the bounty hunters that you should be worried about. Running from the law like Owen did, he’ll pay for that."

“Owen wouldn’t run!” Sara snapped.

“Owen would do whatever it took to get Tyranny back.” Brax said smugly as he ate the pie. “I heard there was a slaughter at the orc fort. No one knows for sure who did it but the orcs are all stirred up.”

Sara turned away from Brax and looked at the old wooden clock on the wall. Time was running out. “We need to get back to the courthouse Brax, the Judge is reading the verdict today.”

Later, that day at the Court of Truth Sara and Brax watched as the bailiff handed a parchment scroll to Judge Locke.

Slowly and deliberately, Judge Locke opened the seal and pressed the parchment flat on his desk. Judge Locke’s lips moved silently as he read the parchment several times over. "Members of the Jury, on the case of Regina v. Owen Uther what say ye?”

“Your honor, we cannot agree on a verdict, we’re deadlocked” the Jury foreman replied.

“Thank you members of the Jury, I release you from your oath and duties. I hereby order that Owen Uther must be found and brought to the Britannia Prison by any means necessary pending further consideration. Court is now adjourned” Judge Locke added with a rasping cough.

Meet at the Court of Truth on Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 7:00 PM EST
to join the Manhunt to find Owen Uther.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
First EM event I've been on in a long time w/o lag! It was beautiful!

D

Draken-Korin

I wish to give credit to the EMs on this event. Also I agree with Syrus no lag, cant be easy to get that many in a small area and be able to pull it off.

Not sure what type of drops there were overall but cant say it didnt help my enjoyment in the end when I opened the ice daemon body and saw an item labeled:

A Military Sash Covered in Old Medals

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow, sounds like the event was awesome!

I had an appointment and couldn't make it unfortunately.
Can anyone tell me what you had to do or any details?
Was it a hunt.. etc?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have assisted myself to a 200+ player event in the hedge maze when we just had our seer quests, there was no lag at all, few brief slowdowns, but nothing to interrupt the smooth flow of the event.

They never found me even, out of 200 people, not one tought about going in the secret basement entrance to the tower, not a SINGLE player.

They had killed the bad guy and they were knighted by brittish and were happy because they had gotten the FoA, but I was down there sliding my fingers sensually on the blackrock gem and the book of eternity.

Go figure, this is almost 2010... I don't get it ?!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you read that right... on our 56kbps phone modems we had better ping in huge events than today. And I was there for some of those events by the EMS... it was terrible.

I wonder how they managed to do it, I'd bet the game runs off the same server farms and they never updated the connections, cause we had much more people attending back then, and much more server population overall... there was at least 10-20 people in each town around the clock.

Uo is like in a juicer, they're extracting the most precious vital fluids to the last drop before they make muffins with the pulp.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ill second ....

What the hell are you talking about. :flame:

:gun: I though you were quitting. :loser:

Your comments have nothign to do with the very nice EM event arch that is ongoing.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're right... but in a way yes it's related. Unless you've not been following, the arches are usually part of a bigger structure thats called the storyline.

I said usually... I'm not complaining since I'm not even in game, so your remark is obnoxious. I just tought the memory was sweet, 56k modems... thousands of people on the same server.

Anyways, I really hope you guys get better pings. I know what it is...

L

Lord Roland Banethor

Wow, first post I've seen on here where someone's calling someone else obnoxious.. and it's totally the reverse of what I expected, rofl.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeaa... lova ya too.

Careful I'm not PG-13 and I like to make-beleive ; which is to say my worm is a lie, my hook is golden, the line is hemp and the sinker is hand-sculpted in yew wood.