[NEWS] Mad Scientist Finally Defeated!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

Lord Urza

Re: [NEWS] Urgent Notice!

Hopefully not another aspiring tyrant, Im ready tho :fight:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
Re: [NEWS] Urgent Notice!

Hopefully not another aspiring tyrant, Im ready tho :fight:
No, not a tyrant, Lord Urza, but that mad scientist that we had all thought we had dispatched last month! It seems his potion did not make him immortal but did make him eternal! We first followed Candrin Devar to the lab in Umbra to look for clues about where the madman may be, and found hints leading to another lab, but which one?

We first went to the hag's little hovel in the forest, but other than making her scowl more than usual nothing there. Next stop was Hythloth but a search revealed no sign of him. Last we went to the depths of Deceit where we found an army of lich, skeletons, harbingers and experimental undead who were guarding the eternal mad scientist. Dragons, mages and warriors battled long into the night finally succeeding in putting an end to the evil experiments. Hopefully, the recipes that were found on some of the decaying corpses will never fall into the wrong hands and unleash the undead on unwary citizens again.

thank you Elrond for the opportunity to get a picture of the lovely dark green scroll

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 29, 2008
Great Lakes
One of the worst events I have ever been to. There were many people lost before it ever got started.:rant2: False gates going up people spamming and casting fields and really no direction on where or what was going on. I did win on one call I am not going to go there but those that heard me know what I am talking about.rolleyes:

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2008
Nowhere, Fast
One of the worst events I have ever been to. There were many people lost before it ever got started.:rant2: False gates going up people spamming and casting fields and really no direction on where or what was going on. I did win on one call I am not going to go there but those that heard me know what I am talking about.rolleyes:
as i mentioned after the previous EM event, if you're just going to have everyone confused the entire time you might as well not have the events at all.

it's hard for me to blame the EM's because i don't really know what kind of powers they have to fix/stop anything; but it's still and always is a disappointment.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
The biggest problem (aside from the greater dragons blocking most of what happens on-screen) is the endless, mindless chatter. At every event like this a story is being presented and far too many attendees have little regard for the storyline, they are simply there to either try to get a goodie or disrupt the proceedings.

For myself, I have decided that everyone, for every event from this point on, will be put on ignore save a few select people. I was one of the people that got lost at the point of Hythloth dungeon along with quite a few others, and I'm thinking that had I been able to see what Candrin Devar was saying this may not have happened.

EM Tashik has said that he will be exploring ways to help us all get more out of these events as it is very frustrating for him, also... he doesn't want anyone left behind. I give him props for perserverance... some of the atitudes, and language, displayed last night would have made me walk away from it all.

M

Mephistos

After the last event, we've decided it just isn't "fun" doing these anymore unfortunately. The false gates, people being left behind, the language, the disrespect to the EM's, and lack of organization just aren't worth it to us anymore. I am glad that there are some people who still enjoy them, and hope the EM's continue for their sake though. Congrats to elrond on another event drop too! He sure knows how to get them.. :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
Tashik is doing what he can with the power he has, and with the mentalities of some of the attendees that he gets.
I know that with the cutbacks, they are short staffed...but I do, really do, wish that a GM or Dev would invisibly attend these events. There were 6, count em, 6 people last night that shoulda been jailed for the duration of the event, before we even left the Hall.
Sadly, two of em were from my alliance :(

Then, you had the normal mischief makers/griefers/troublemakers who were causing more mass confusion. In order to get out from under the dragons, and to be able to hear anything Candrin Devar was saying, one had to get to the edge of the crowd, or at least close to it. Then when the gate opened, and the dragons cleared where you could see, there would be multiple gates, at one point I counted six, open...which one was Candrin's?? Hop in one, and hope ya could hop back out if it wasn't right. Those false gate casters shoulda joined the original 6 in Buc's for about 6 hours.

Tamers, I love yall. I loved playing a tamer. But your dragon doesn't *have* to be in the Hall, and you and the Drag don't *have* to be the first thru the gate, and y'all don't *have* to be the ones standing closest to the Event Master. If consideration can't be shown, then maybe Candrin needs the power to kick the pet outside (of wherever we happen to be).

One suggestion I would make, is maybe the EM could have a "lost" rendezvous point, that everyone would be able to get to in a short period of time, an unused place, maybe Brit gate, or an assigned and marked spot on the bank roof...where he could send a gate for the lost and misled. Bank roof, put a blue tile down where his rune is marked to, and if someone is standing on it purposely to block the gate to event, let them enjoy the scenery in Buc's.

Yeah I sound harsh, but the sad reality of it is, most of these peeps are not 14 yrs old...they are adults and should know how to act in public, be it a game or not. Damn, I would hate to sit in a movie theater with em, they are the ones always talkin on the cell phones, yelling and carrying on with a friend across the aisle, or in general just disrupting the enjoyment of everyone that paid to come in. Same mentality, same lack of consideration.

Reality of it all is this, if this continues, and there is no discipline being enforced whatsoever, in the end, the rowdies will be the only ones that Tashik is working for, as most of us will very soon tire of dealing with the crap.

But the storyline/plotline and such has all been fine, and fun, if the trouble crowd was dealt with.

End of my rant, Carry on! ;)