• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Lord Casca speaks before the Kingdom!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Casca speaks to the Kingdom!!
Casca appeared last night before the citizens of Baja. At which time he began to speak of the new policies that are to be put into place for our Kingdom. This caused a great variety of reactions, from joy of having a new king to resentment and anger of replacing the known king. Flowers were thrown to his feet, spoiled fruit hurled at his person. This was to be a very interesting event to say the very least.​
He appeared on a tall plaster podium in the front courtyard of Blackthorn’s Castle. There he addressed his new subjects. He was quite annoyed when he saw so many had broken into the castle he now calls home and waited a few moments for them to come forward and hear his speech.

I give you Lord Casca’s speech to decide for yourself.

Citizens of Britannian, I come before you at a time of great upheaval. Our Kingdom stands on the edge of despair, and not so long ago, without a council. The heinous murder of the council members…laid bare our greatest weakness. *grinds his staff* That the throne sits empty! For as long as we stand without a leader…we open our doors wide to the schemes of our enemies. May it be Ricardo or the Shadowlords.

As the only remaining survivor of the previous council….it falls upon my shoulders to resolve this. *nods* Let shame fall on me for eternity, if I let my people continue to suffer! We should and shall remain loyal to Lord British. Aye! But should the throne remain empty while the kingdom falls apart. Nay!

*looks around*

Who knows naught…of a friend or kin that has lost a loved one in this invasion?
Who here knows naught…of the rises in petty flagitious crimes in our once great cities?
*narrows his eyes in concern*
Who here knows naught…of our brethren migrating to other lands leaving behind empty cities?

The very land is crying out for a king…A leader!

*takes a deep breath*

So at the behest of the new council and my own conscience….I bring myself to accept the responsibility of this kingdom. I proudly accept the title of King pro-tempore, with all rights, statuses and honors thereof.

*takes out a crown from his pack*
*places the crown on his head*
*looks around*

Throughout this momentous day I have sustained….(someone in the crowd asks... “By pie?”)*shakes head* No not by pie, by the knowledge that I can count on your thoughts and prayers *smiles* The awareness that my peoples, spread far and wide…will unite to support me in the task to which I have now been dedicated with such solemnity. *nods* While I know that together we will overcome the great challenges that we must face such as I know the Sun will rise again…I will not mislead you for even the sun has to overcome the darkness. *sighs* For we face an arduous path in front of us…For we face a great test of faith…For we face a future the will demand sacrifices…But we will face this together…lest our land falls into chaos. *nods*

As your king, I ask of your fealty in the journey that lies a head.

*looks into the eyes of those around him*

From this day onwards, I declare that…it will be our utmost priority to end this invasion and usher in a new era of prosperity.

From this day onwards I declare that…crime of any nature will be met with the harshest of the punishments.

From this day onwards I declare that…all kingdom estates that have propped up within the boundaries of Britannia will dissolve. The leaders of these kingdoms will declare fealty to the throne. Let me DAWN upon you that rebellion will not be tolerated.

*shakes head*

From this day onwards I declare that…any suggestions of wrong-doing by the nobles or council will be condemned with censure. The nobles require our full support at these trying times.

Finally, I ask of you, who are present today to become my prophets. Go forth; spread my message of a new era of peace and prosperity across the land.

*smiles warmly*

Let it be known that the thrown is no longer empty…and we are no longer afraid. *nods*

Fare Well till next time!

And with that the newly declared king disappeared without further comments.

A bit of motion from the bushes near the courtyard was noticed by a few and soon a tiny voice was heard…our beloved Sherry the mouse appeared and began to speak.

King you say? *squeaks angrily, looking up at where Casca stood*

Many were surprised by her appearance while some encouraged others to be quiet and listen to our littlest reporter and friend of the missing king.
Surely you jest, “Lord: Casca the silver tongued!

Tell us O’ mighty king what council didst elect thee? Surely none that live!

*stamps her paw*

As well, what of Ricardo O’ great leader? What of Avery, didst not thee suffer his very misfortune!? Yet he is the one condemned unfairly to rags and misery! Whilst you wallow in power and spew declarations most unjust!

Hear my words Casca, though meek they may be! Something is rotten in the kingdom of Britannia!! And ‘tis not fitting for only one to rule whilst our liege is away!

*scurries back into the bushes*

Within moments of Sherry disappearing, Lord Casca appeared again...

I heard Sherry was here. Do not mind that poor ra..mouse. She is just loyal to the great Lord British, and unable to change with times.

Be well!

So discuss, decide and dwell over these two very opposing speeches. Which way the kingdom will decide remains to be seen. Although it sounds a lot like there will be pie at the end.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I do agree that our fair land cries out for a leader . . . I do feel that he/she has not arisen yet!

I spurn thee you foul ursurper never will I declare my fealty to you Casca! Beware my blade should you venture beyond your castle walls, I know now why though did choose Castle Blackthorn as your abode since Sherry would have led any number of patriots to the bedroom in our true kings residence.

Enjoy thy slumber while you can, the True Patriots of the Land will throw you down anon.