• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Lord Casca Promotes Lord Gideon

C

Cymidei Fier

As we all waited eagerly for the arrival of Lord Casca, the King’s prophet Aldagar Morr, encouraged everyone to sign a petition to change the name of Britain to “Cascia” in honor of Lord Casca. A few signed the petition but most of the populace hates Lord Casca, so Aldagar had a difficult job selling the idea.

When Lord Casca arrived he was greeted with boos and hisses from the crowd and rotten cabbages. Impervious to the insults hurled at him, Lord Casca sat on his throne studying the crowd for a few moments. Then Lord Gideon arrived and walked confidently through the crowd to stand before Casca himself.

“Hail Casca the Benevolent!” Gideon’s voice rang out through the large hall as he addressed the King with deepest respect.

“Hail Merchant Gideon.” Lord Casca replied.

“I Lord Gideon dutifully answer your call I Lord Gideon bow before you.”

Casca smiled and replied “Thank you for answering my summons with such haste in these trying times it is easy to forget those who move weapons to our soldiers and provide food and conveniences we so enjoy but you merchant Gideon have been tested and prevailed. Not only for transporting a majority of my personal goods but eliminating those who would stop you in the process. As well, you hired mercenaries out of your own purse and enlisted defenders of your own accord. All this is an act of loyalty surely an example to both your servants and my own and such devotion to your King is to be recognized and rewarded."

Lord Gideon’s eyes widened and he became attentive at the mention of a reward. Next Lord Casca asked that Gideon take the highest oath of loyalty in the Kingdom:

“Great King, my loyalty to you will never fail, your will drives me and your words fire me. Glorious King my vigilance will never falter, to defend by all means this realm of ours until the very end. Lord of Britannia, in my conviction and my beliefs I will never sway. I will serve you in all things. To cherish every stone and every blade of grass as you yourself do and value every soul that trod on the soil only you have kept safe.”

Following the oath Lord Gideon rose, christened “Merchant Counselor Gideon” by Lord Casca. Lord Casca also said that Lord Gideon would be one of his highest counselors, and all would defer to him on matters of finance and trade.

Lord Casca also gave Lord Gideon a new fleet and crews and authority to raise and lower duties and taxes on the people. The King retired once again to his chambers and Lord Gideon remained, pacing the throne room, elated by his promotion to such a powerful post. Gideon soon had to answer to angry pirates in the crowd who had not been paid! Gideon threw a sack of golden coins to the Redcaps Morgance Fier, Lavida, Sleath and others such as Malathion who had protected his shipment. Then Gideon retired to consider how he would proceed with his new authority and office.