• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] * Looking For A Few Good Pens *

• Thread starter Kimi_Mori
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kimi_Mori

<font class="post">Are your shoes worn thin from traveling from town to town? Is your voice hoarse and sore from speaking with citizens across Britannia? Have a knack for putting pen to paper and writing an excellent story? Then perhaps UO Stratics' Sonoma News Page is the place where you can not only show off your talent but also help bring the community together with interesting, exciting stories and news items about the Sonoma Shard and her citizens.

UO Stratics is currently looking for active, talented citizens of Sonoma to add to our crack team of top-notch Ultima Online reporters.

As a volunteer you are required to:

* Be a competent writer
* Be an active, knowledgeable member of the Sonoma community
* Be willing to attend events and quests, interview VIPs, report news of interest to the community
* Be able to dedicate a minimum of six hours per week to writing and/or posting news items
* Have a familiarity with basic HTML
* Be pro-active

Does the above describe you? Then what are you waiting for??? Apply... right now... do not hesitate! Simply fill out this brief questionnaire and fire off an e-mail to <a target="_blank" href=mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]</a> with "Sonoma Reporter Application" as the subject.

1. Real name
2. Contact e-mail address
3. ICQ, AIM, MSN number (if applicable)
4. Stratics username and character name (this must be the character name you will be reporting with)
5. Rate your HTML knowledge from 1-10, where 1 is poor and 10 is phenomenal
6. Answer this: Why do you wish to be a shard reporter for UO Stratics?
7. Include a brief writing sample, no more than 500 words (no attachments)
8. Any questions???

</font>Good luck to all applicants!

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill reply here lol

1. Mark
2. PM me
3. 124031738
4. Lord Ron Fellows/ Ron Fellows-/Ron Fellows/Borla
5. 5
6. Because I do it on my own anyway lol
7. See my blog for examples
8. Nah

G

oh god I can see Fellow's reports now

"Ownage"
- Ron Fellows owns the shard!!!!

"L33tness"
- Ron Fellows is too l33t for Sonoma!!!

"Pwnage"
- Ron Fellows pwns the shard!!!!

LOL and you guys say AIA is one sided on her posts LOL imagine Rons lol!!!!

R

Rapier

I just wanna see Ron's interview with himself.
Intelligent people talk to themselves.
The insane hold conversations.

I want proof! :)

K

Kimi_Mori

Something I noticed, the [email protected] address may not be working, a test message from others has not been received yet. If you have sent in an application, then please make sure to add my gmail address as well. [email protected]. Also make sure to follow the instruction as outline in my first post above.

And to clear the air about one thing;

<blockquote><hr>

* Be a competent writer

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

Professional vs. conversational style

Stratics, while a volunteer organization, is the official community site for several of the games it covers. Professionalism is imperative in [News] posts, as these articles are considered by the community at large to be sanctioned by the game companies themselves. Articles should therefore be written in a professional, narrative style. Conversational style is fine for forum entries but is not sufficient for [News] posts. Some examples of conversational style elements which we like to avoid using:

* Use of interjections - "Eh?", "Ugh!", etc.
* Multiple punctuation - "Congratulations, StraticsBoy!!!!!!!!!"
* Overuse of the first person
* Contractions - "can't", "won't", "shouldn't", "he'll", "it's"
* Emoticons - ":)", "o_O", etc.
* Chat lingo abbreviations or 'l33t' - "LOL", "OMG", "r0xx0red"
* Superlative opinion adjectives - "best", "coolest", "nicest", "meanest", "great guy"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I had place the wrong email address in the News post. the correct address is [email protected]. Now let hear from some of you people out there!

Thanks

I

imported_Salty Pete

I'd still be willing to help. (Former Sonoma reporter if anyone remembers.)

K

Kimi_Mori

Greetings, during this time of year its race season here, and most of these take place on Friday and Saturday in out area. The one that we go to take place on every Saturday and I will be missing any Sonoma events that take place on Saturday due to this.

This will place extra work on Jayde and Aia as no one has sent in a application yet.

However you can help with these event if for some reason a Stratics reporter fails to make it to your event, or if you see something that going on concerning the recent Inu then you can send in a article to the email address under my signature

K

Kimi_Mori

we are still looking people. Maybe it is you? Make sure to double check that email, as I made an error with the first post [News} and cannot correct it here without having to deleted and repost it all over again.

N

Ningauble of III

Id say hire Pete as I do remember him to be good or Jack Tallow for that funny Pluffy-esque quality to his writing. I wouldnt mind taking a shot at it myself, being the official TB correspondent for Sonomafactions.com (R.I.P.) back in the day, but with the kids and such I just dont have the time to devote to it these days, but hell, Pete and Jack get my vote as I have always enjoyed Pete's dittys and Jack is hilarious.

K

Kimi_Mori

<blockquote><hr>

Id say hire Pete as I do remember him to be good or Jack Tallow for that funny Pluffy-esque quality to his writing. I wouldnt mind taking a shot at it myself, being the official TB correspondent for Sonomafactions.com (R.I.P.) back in the day, but with the kids and such I just dont have the time to devote to it these days, but hell, Pete and Jack get my vote as I have always enjoyed Pete's dittys and Jack is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

All they have to do is send in a application as stated above, we do not accept an application as posted above. Anyone can do so. Once that is done then they will receive a letter with further instructions. Also they must passed a background check [this is done by my bosses at Stratics] to insure we are getting someone that will do all they can to make sure that Stratics remains one of the best fan sites possible.

I would love to see an application from either/both of the two above as I know they would be really grand additions to our team here on Sonoma.

J

Jack Tallow

One problem....

Jack is, was,and always will be a scoundrel. He steals, loots, robs, and murders. I highly doubt I could pass the background check (there are marks against my record from when I really was a bad guy, think "PK, Death-Gater, con-artist, thief" from back in 98-99, "Jack Tallow, he's everything you want to hate") . My typical response from GM's in those days was "You again?". Waht can I say, I get around.... *Sings the Beach Boys Song*

On another note, I wouldn't mind doing it personally, but I can honestly say I have very little interest in trammel ruleset happenings. I live, breathe, eat, sleep, and die in fel. I go to trammel to burn counts, sell things, and get a look at the goings-on around Haven. On another note, since the recent upswing in interest of fel happenings, Jack has kind of been adopted as mascot for the pvp crowd. I have no CLUE how this happened, guess they like me. *You like me! You REALLY like me!!* Well, not all of them. Guess some folks don't read my stories....

Anyhow, here are a few questions I have....
1- Does doing this automatically prevent me from making my little goofy comic strips and stories?

2- Does doing this mean cessation of my dastardly ways? I'm not hard-core evil anymore, but I'm definitely not one of the "Good-guys" (see: Maddwg)

3- Hopefully there are others to cover the care-bear events. I mean, mad props for organizing them, SUPER props for implementing them, and I really enjoy some of them, but I honest have little or no interest in reporting on something I'm more than likely not enjoying anyhow. Hard to be enthusiatic about the UO version of an IRS audit for me.

and last but not least... #4- How's the pay an benefits? (j/k)

Oh, and another small problem..... I am usually out of the loop on updates, new quests, where to get items, why I have to point the wand at the burnign bush and sing "Inna godda davita" and spin in cirlces to get the new cloak, why I am trekking through the "Really Really Dark Forest" to fidn the guy that looks like a tree and is thirsty because I'll get an item, and other things. You are talkign to Clueless Jack, the guy that spends all his time wandering around looking for stuff to do. Not "I'm on Top of Current Events" Jack, the guy that knows about every update, every new item, ever nerf, every change... no way.

I am Jacks 700 reasons for not doing something......

J

Jack Tallow

EDIT! EDIT! STOP THE PRESSES!

"You must be a competent writer".... competent.... dammit, I knew I was missing something in the fine print. Guess that counts me outl...

I am Jack's "didn't read the rules" face

K

Kimi_Mori

It will be our lost

We are still looking for someone on the west coast since all of the news team currently lives in central or east time zones which makes it really hard to be there for events that are set at PST.

However that does not stop anyone from submitting articles to be posted on the Sonoma news. Anyone may submitted an article with images to the email address under my signature.

K

Kimi_Mori

At present we are very short handed and will need help from you folks regarding events [player and EA]. Anyone may submitt an article to Stratics news, all you have to do is use the email address under my signature.

And if you know someone that you think might like to apply for a reporter position please have them read this thread and submitt an application.

thanks.

G

I'll start sending ya some stuff. I'll even make it all purty and balanced like fer the folks that ain't got no sense of humor.

Seriously, let me know when you need help covering something and I will do what I can to help. I'll email you the articles and let you post them.

I'm more of an evening player, so I seldom make it to events before 6:00 pm PDT.

K

Kimi_Mori

<blockquote><hr>

I'll start sending ya some stuff. I'll even make it all purty and balanced like fer the folks that ain't got no sense of humor.

Seriously, let me know when you need help covering something and I will do what I can to help. I'll email you the articles and let you post them.

I'm more of an evening player, so I seldom make it to events before 6:00 pm PDT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone is welcome to send news in to the email address below my signature.

thanks