• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Letter From A Stranger (Event Sunday, August 9)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from UO - Origin Events

Letter from a Stranger
Posted By EMLaurana on August 7, 2009

Taryn Sullivan writes:

My friends, I have heard rumors of a Stranger seen lurking around Dawn’s burning house! While I can only investigate at night (that Casca has got the entire town’s militia searching for me!), I can confirm that indeed, footprints have been found in the woods near Dawn’s home. While investigating the mysterious footprints I stumbled upon a stranger in the woods. Although I suspected she was hunting to arrest me, instead she gave me a letter to send to the citizens. It certainly is strange:

----------------
Good People,

It is with great urgency that I request your attention. Grave danger lurks in the shadows of these lands – evil forces of immeasurable magnitude. It will take more than your swiftest swords, your deftest marksmanship, to defeat these forces. It will take more than the strongest beasts at your command, the most noxious spells from thy palms. You do not know me, but I know you. I have come to help. I seek the one called Dawn and request your assistance in finding her. Time is of the essence, and the future of Britannia may very well rest in the balance.

Respectfully,
A Stranger to Your Lands
----------------

After the deceptions we’ve seen from Infel and now Casca, I’m afraid that, although she did me no harm, it is not wise to take this Stranger’s word at face value. That said, she seems to know a bit of our recent hardships. I believe we should meet with this Stranger and seek more information! But, my friends, I cannot come out of hiding now. It is not safe. Please, for the sake of our lives and the lives of our children, investigate this letter and find out who this Stranger is and what she has to say. We are much too vulnerable to decline help in these tumultuous times.

The stranger has requested that any who are able meet her behind the Empath Abbey in Yew, Trammel at 2pm Pacific time (3pm Mountain, 4pm Central, 5pm Eastern) on Sunday, August 9th. Do be careful, though, and come prepared. We are not yet certain of this Stranger’s intentions.

Signed,
Taryn Sullivan

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did everyone go? *signed a sad rat* I looked at the hall at the abbey at the house...

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did everyone go? *signed a sad rat* I looked at the hall at the abbey at the house...
Consider yourself lucky......you would have ended up being toe jam under the foot of the Platinum Dragon!

:)