• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Lady Kat's Birthday

G

<center>Article Written By Cymoril</center>

<center>
</center>

It was a delightful Sunday afternoon and guests were beginning to arrive at the dungeon home that was to house Lady Kat's Birthday celebrations. It was wonderful to see so many recognisable faces, including Sexy Jo, Lihan, Wild Rose, Lair Spirit, Warloq, Lady Joyce, Kizukai, Johan, Teeshy, Quintarias, Cadelin, CheShirE Smile and of course Lady Kat herself! Everybody has also brought their own pet cat, as we had advised they would be needed for the games.

<center>

Guests, in their robes, receive information about the afternoon.</center>

Over the mewing from the feline guests, Cymoril welcomed everyone as Katlene gave each party-goer a bag with a sunny yellow robe and a book. Cymoril explained the books were for everybody to write their own poem, verse or otherwise creative message in honour of Lady Kat. Lady Kat pointed out that flattery was greatly encouraged, as she would be the one judging it.

But first, it was time for a game called "Kuriosity" which was very simply some questions about Lady Kat, so that everyone could get to know a bit more about her. There were eight questions and Teeshy somehow managed to answer FOUR of them correctly, and faster than anyone else! A prize was awarded to her, and also to Kizukai, who answered three correctly, almost just as amazing. Teeshy mentioned she had been studying Lady Kat from afar.

After that, it was up to the roof for a game of "Cat Escape". The way this worked was that each cat had to enter a teleporter area and when their owner called them, they would skulk within this area, bouncing off teleporters until they were eventually either teleported OUT, or teleported into the winner's pen. We played a few rounds to determine the winners, and they were as follows: Lair Spirit (cat: Stealthy Spirit, first), Lady Joyce (cat: Joyce Kat, second) and Teeshy (cat: Merry Christmas, third).

<center>

The cats leap around the teleporters in the second round.</center>

We then took a short break and headed to the dungeon/torture chamber, where guests saw four bodies splayed out on the floor. Katlene divided everybody into four teams and the rules of Torture Chamber Trivia were explained...

Each team had their own victim, who they had to torture into providing information about the location of his loot. Each team's victim had a different location to divulge. UO Trivia questions were then asked, and whoever was the first correct to answer could choose a body part to be removed from their team's victim, and the victim would give a clue as to the wehereabouts of his loot. The correct answerer could then have a guess at the location, before the next question would be asked.

<center>

Torture Chamber Trivia!</center>

All teams did very well, but it was team three who proved their powers of interrogation were second to none, as when Lair Spirit finally asked that we rip their victim's head off, they had enough information and Lair Spirit announced the location of their victim's loot was indeed the Adventurer's Needle (Tailor Shop) in Jhelom. Prizes were awarded to all members of the team: Lair Spirit, Warloq and Lady Joyce.

We headed back to the foyer/theatre and it was time for the cake! Katlene placed a delicious purple cake on display and then we all joined in a chorus of Happy Birthday before Katlene "sliced" the cake, giving some to everyone there.

<center>

Guests sing along to Happy Birthday for Lady Kat.</center>

Our bellies full, guests were now ready with their Odes to Lady Kat. Those who were willing read theirs aloud on stage, and a couple preferred just to pass their books directly to Lady Kat to read. All declared their affection for Lady Kat, with some very well-chosen words, and then Lady Kat announced the winners: Kizukai (first), Quintarias (second) and Lair Spirit (third).

<center>

Kizukai performs his prize-winning poem.</center>

The party was over, and Lady Kat, being the important personage that she is, had to take her leave to attend to other matters. She thanked everybody for attending, and some of us thought we saw her smile, though that may have been due to the barrage of flattery just prior. As she left, guests were reminded to sign the bulletin board guestbook, which was compiled into a book and later, presented to Lady Kat as a keepsake.

The Oceania Player Events Network would like to thank everybody who attended to help make this party successful, and disruption-free! Special thanks to Lady Kat for allowing us the opportunity to honour her in this way!

G

Lovely report! =D

And it was such a fun party!

I even guessed some general trivia questions right (My dad always told me I had more arse than class!)

Thanks a lot for organising it OPEN! =D

Hope the Magnificent Lady Kat had fun too!

G

It looks like a fantastic party, I hope everyone had a wonderful time and that the birthday girl got spoilt rotten and lavished with gifts of worship....more so then normal.

Q

Quintarias

I came, I saw, I did.

Was a good event and well worth attending.