• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Kingdom of Dawn Announces Book Contest Winners

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kingdom of Dawn
Player-Written Book Contest Winners!

The Kingdom of Dawn would first like to thank several generous citizens of Baja, DJ Sandman of Whispering Rose Radio, and UO Resources.com for donating gold to the prize fund which totaled 10 Million Gold Pieces. We would also like to thank the judges, who shall remain anonymous, and the contestants who entered the contest. A total of 13 books entries were received. Baja has some excellent writers!

The winner of the Grand Duchess’s Choice Award is Ga’kuct, Mayor of PaxLair, PaxLair Statehood on Chesapeake. His entry is Pykdure Buuk (Picture Book) and the prize is 1,312,500 gold pieces. His book is brilliant, very creative and has to be “read” to be believed. Mayor Ga’kuct is a role-played orc and you will find a translation next to his book.

The winners in the history category are:
1st place - Xylan by James the AnimalTamer of Mage Tower [MT]
2nd place - The Healer by Blix [MT]
3rd place – The Ancients by The Avatar of Fangs of Fenrir [F^F]
Honorable Mentions are Relinquished by Madame Nephthys [MT] &
Diabolical Thoughts by Paige Turner [MT]

There was only one entry in the essay category. We thank the contestant for the excellent book but no prize money will be awarded in this category.

The winners in the guide category are:
1st place – Be A Tamer? By James the Animal Tamer [MT]
2nd place – Taming Dragons by Silkon of Fairhaven Village [FHV]

The winners in the poetry category are:
Songs and Limericks by James the Animal Tamer [MT]
The Dream by Adam Darkmoon of Protector of the S#A [PSA]

The prizes are:
1st – 1,312,500 gold pieces and one heritage token
2nd – 1,000,000 gold pieces and one token for a soulstone fragment
3rd – 750,000 gold pieces and a rare black or white plant of your choice grown in the Dawn Greenhouse
Honorable Mention – 500,000 gold pieces and a rare black or white plant of your choice grown in the Dawn Greenhouse.

The response to the contest was very good, and we will be holding another one in the future, only it will have a theme.

The Royal Council
Kingdom of Dawn

-------------------------------​
The following is an excerpt from Songs and Limericks by James

Revenge on a PK
Now I’ve had an escape that was narrow
Through is body I send one more arrow
What was mine and now his
Shall be mine, and now ‘tis
and I’ll bury his bones in a barrow.
-------------------------------​

Pykdure Buuk by Ga'kuct

Sara's Note: I needed help translating this book, Governor Winfield, PaxLair Statehood, Chesapeake, was kind enough to provide the following information:
"The author is obviously an orc, and most orcs can not write, they can only draw pictures. The book describes, in picture form, how the orcs believe their weapons (wompir) are given to them by the war gods. This shows some belief in a higher deity. Orcs obviously kill elves (Ilidz) and cut off their heads. The orcs kill kobolds (Furrie) by shooting them in the eyes. Orcs also kill humans (Humiez) by chopping them in half. The orcs also like gold (Shiniez). Orcs also like to get female orcs (Feo-orkies). In the end, the orcs believe they win. The book describes the history and nature of the orcs. While not in detail, it is an accurate history."

This is Gak.

Wargods give Gak a mace. Wargods give Gak a bow.

Gak kills elves. These are heads.

Gak kills animals by shooting them in the eye.

Gak kills humans by cutting them in half.

Gak gets shineys (gold), lots of shineys.

Gak gets female orcs. Beautiful female orc.

Gak Wins!​

I

Ivan - MT

Congrats to all the winners for another great event held by Wildstar.:thumbsup:

Y

Yalp

Congrats to all! ( i suspected James was full of hot air... now I know for sure!)

:thumbsup:

Yalpers!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ooooooh. Congratulations! Are the books on display? If so, I can't wait to read these buggers!

The books are on display in the Kingdom of Dawn Malas Outpost. It has a new location which is 1 1/2 screens south of the previous one. It is directly east of the East Gate of Umbra. The books are on the first floor of the building.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn