• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Just how hard can an Oaks spawn be?

A

Aia

I didn’t think an Oaks spawn was all that tough. Ha! I quickly learned that on Sonoma trying to do an Oaks spawn is down right lethal.

When I arrived at Oaks, the alter was dominated by blue PAS. With all the fields and bodies I wondered if I had missed the battle.

Nope. Tek (and friends) rode in and began introducing the blues to the dirt.

I decided to check out the top of the ramp and got a surprise. A lot of dead reds.

I went in search of the action, but saw this instead. Gold Ghost was paralyzed, WoODstocK cast the second and final energy field while Jack the Ripper readied a flame strike. I thought Gold was going to be toasted.

But Gold had a bit of luck, some Ki-rins wandered by forcing the two Waka to run and heal.

Still stuck, Gold had to wait out the fields before he could move. But thanks to the Ki-rins, he survived that encounter.

Eventually Waka ended up taking over the alter.

Tek and MOO came back in and drove Waka from the alter to the area east of City of the Dead (CoD).

Tek (and friends) stayed pretty much on the Oaks side of the river….

Except for a lone Tek who ended up in the middle of Waka on the west side.

The battle moved to the bridge.

Then eventually back to the alter where I’m sure Eldron was still cussing res killing stealthers.

And who finished the Oaks spawn? As far as I know, no one did. When I left all sides had given up working the spawn and were off happily killing each other.

Great fights everyone!

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Report. For my second night back PvPing on Sonoma this was a good night. Much fun. Have to get Moo/Tek! to do it again sometime.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
in your last picture in the top right corner is the blue words.... of a mount im guessing....

it says POOis???????

poo is what!!!!

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good report.

Woodstock. Thats a name I have not heard for a bit. I wonder if that is the original woodstock, or Apocloypse Now as some might remember him.

K

Kimi_Mori

<blockquote><hr>

in your last picture in the top right corner is the blue words.... of a mount im guessing....

it says POOis???????

poo is what!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aia I believe he is asking about this last shot. Do you have the image that this came from still? If so could you email it to me so I can show it to Poo

A

Ansatsu [MoFo]

I just wanted to post and say how great of a time it was last night.. Seeing everyone fight everyone, and groups getting beat down and then regrouping and making another push.. It was alot of fun.. Everyone i talked to said they had a great time even though there was the usual trash talk from certian guilds. Yeah you win UO your pixel beat my pixel... Sorry im ranting...

Like I said It was a great time and I hope PAS trys some more Oaks..
GOOD WORK EVERYONE..

And nice write up Aia!

B

Bigworm01

So nobody finished the spawn? I had to leave half way through

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I logged off at lil after 11 waka did a Dsp and challenged Moo/Tek to come raid. Never did. We got a 120 med (which I forgot to roll for, owe well). To my knowledge at that time no one had finished it.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its good to see him back. I agree with Dor.

"waves to woodstock"

Tell him I said Hello if you see him, and welcome back.

A

Aia

That was the name of some dead pet if I remember right. I didnt' get any screen shots of the pet, and that's the only shot I got of it's full name which is... *drum rolls*

Cyrus16

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Answer my question please. Are you the hunter that used to post on the PkP board?

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am the orignal hunter thats been around for a long time. So yes I am the same. I miss those boards. I was also in PkP with Patti for a bit near the end, and mes.

I rememeber fighting with and agaisnt you on many occasions if your the cyrus I think you are.

Why were you asking? Just curious.

W

We Run It

Ya by then more than half of our members had logged..we had 3 tek and 1 moo on so maybe we will get more fights tonight

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately I not gonna be on tonight
. Gotta work early in the morn. Ya. We all stayed on and ran just for a fight.

T

Trinsauce

Ya it was a blast... I could only get on for the last half of the fight... It seemed like everywhere I looked there was 6 or 7 enemy coming for me...

On a side note I noticed quite a few PkP have been returning to UO... Etrigen/Smurf is back... Woodstock is back... Trinity and Cyrus r still around... Sir Back Pain has been back a while... And Smurf is trying to get DaPain back playing again... It should get interesting if we all get hooked up together...

K

Kimi_Mori

I understand that PAS did Oak again last night and got the prize in the end. They had COP and MoFo help to fight off attacks. Congrats to all.

W

Woodstock!

Ya im back, that night at Oaks was alot of fun brought back memories of faction days. Is the YMCA still open?

D

Dor of Sonoma

Yes it is. :)

And, Eric! Say hey to Gohan and Junior Mints from me, please!

E

eric_wasp_

Will do , nice to hear from you Dor
I don't check the boards very often but I'll try to get back to any replys... take care

K

Kimi_Mori

a little bird told me<blockquote><hr>

for the record (feel free to mention this on stratics) ... PAS did an oaks sat night, advertised it to several red guilds, COP helped protect, we got raided and still got the skull ... PAS did another oaks tonight (Wed), COP and S:S protected, never got raided, got the skull *smiles*

[/ QUOTE ]

W

We Run It

Yah we are being lazy and not checking spawns lol...good that u can sneak a few off