• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]January Chicken Lizard Fight Results!

Legends News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After running a gaunlet of murderers thru the tunnels to the Felucca Arena, five proud owners pitted their chicken lizards against each other to find out if the reigning champion could be unseated. Contestants were:

Ping with Salmonella
Hunter S Thompson with King of Da Burbz
Shelli with BombCakes
Ynise Amandil with Bazooka
Roland DesChain with Kickin Wing

The matches were refereed by EM Helios and cheered on by a rowdy bunch, including one brave bettor that wanted to risk his jade armband on one fight! We found out during the rounds that King of Da Burbs was not indestructible when BombCakes stood victoriously over him.

Tonight's winners:

Fourth place Shelli
Third place Ping
Second place Roland

And taking first place once again, with King of Da Burbs, Hunter S Thompson! Congratulations!

~ DevilsOwn

More...

G

Green Mouser

Also news...The short sightedness of the EM's in having people to cross a horde of reds in order to participate and view the matches. The failure of the EM's to disrupt rude behavior (Humping the Winning Chicken by a guildmember of one of the losing contestants). And to add misery to the event, The EM's open a blue gate to Brit Fel Bank for us to be fed to Reds again.

Its great that we have EM's that give us events but please think a little surely the EM's aren't noobs?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pathetic part, Mouser, is that some get gratification gankin' Trammies with chickens

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO, there is nothing sad about PKing blues. It's simple, if you want events where PKs can't go, then the EM needs to stay in tram.

What's sad is, people actually expected reds not to pk in Fel, then got upset when we did. Even the EM got upset about it, and tried to ban my whole guild from the game. I was pulled by the EM, and later a GM joined us(this was about 5mins before event was to start). The EM, attempted to coax the GM into taking his side, yet was shocked to see the GM take mine.

I'd like to thank the Gm masonna(sp), for sticking true to the fel rule set. Very cool. We even struck a deal, to where i would keep my guild from pking people inside the house(even though a few people inside were attempting to cast on my boys outside the house.

Thanks everyone for the fun, and congrats to the event winners!

I hope we didn't turn anyone away from Fel. Instead, I'd like to see everyone back in fel pking us!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's just the whole 'player killer' mindset that I do not understand... makes sense if someone is dueling, yes, but to just whack someone that you *know* does not intend to fight back and never even attempts to do so, and then do it again after they're rezzed..... nah, just me prolly, but it's just not sporting...

now here's a question, as long as we're on the subject..... when you guys do slap me down would you prefer that I report you as murderer or no? I've never been clear about that point

and the lady's name is Mesanna and she is, yes, very fair and understanding

L

Llwyd

it's just the whole 'player killer' mindset that I do not understand... makes sense if someone is dueling, yes, but to just whack someone that you *know* does not intend to fight back and never even attempts to do so, and then do it again after they're rezzed..... nah, just me prolly, but it's just not sporting...

now here's a question, as long as we're on the subject..... when you guys do slap me down would you prefer that I report you as murderer or no? I've never been clear about that point

I share your view. Cold-blooded murder, in or out of game, is something I cannot relate to.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nah.
They brag about their murder counts, it's a badge of honor for them, or used to be anyway. That's why I don't report anyone :p

Ain't no thang, it's just insurance *grins*
Perhaps just to make it interesting tho, next event in Fel, perhaps we hire one of the factions to guard it? Could get the event in, and give the pvp'ers a diversion at the same time!

B

Baghdaddy1

Reporting a murder isn't really a big deal like it was years ago.

But I will say, pay attention to who killed you. The times you DO want to count is when a blue attacks/kills you. They have NO intention of turning that character red and will thus spend hours banksitting in Luna.

So in short, count the blues for sure and it doesnt really matter for the reds.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah.
They brag about their murder counts, it's a badge of honor for them, or used to be anyway. That's why I don't report anyone :p

Ain't no thang, it's just insurance *grins*
Perhaps just to make it interesting tho, next event in Fel, perhaps we hire one of the factions to guard it? Could get the event in, and give the pvp'ers a diversion at the same time!

Maybe soon !OF! could hold a public Harrower. Allow all tram guilds to complete the harry, while defending against the X zerg!

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OR maybe were trying to get people to think like they used to in the old days. Back in the day there was no trammel and after getting pked enough blues used to band together to go hunt the reds. Yes the blues died alot but it is what taught em how to defend themselves. Plus the enjoyment of killing a red was way more then any pvm monster. In fact after many days hunting reds it actually made people like it so much that they became red to get more excitement. And to think this was the days when u lost everything, nowadays u lose what 5k? Honestly I like to see new people in fel and enjoyed ur guys company. If you guys need any pointers if u decide to play a bit more where the excitement could happen at any time feel free to pm me. I mean look at X, they have the trammie pvp idea down.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plus the enjoyment of killing a red was way more then any pvm monster.
right there is what I mean.... no matter how angry I get about being pk'd there's no part of me that would then enjoy killing another player.... I don't have that trouble with monsters, tho, I turn purple and cuss and I go back at them, no matter how many times they knock me, I simply cannot bring myself to do it when I know there's a person sitting at a keyboard.... still turn purple and cuss, but I can't hit them

just wanted to explain why I don't understand it... doesn't mean I condemn or anything, and I'll still go to Felucca for events, simply that I don't, or can't, understand the satisfaction

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not like your clubing baby seals, its pixels. I enjoyed the whole pk element when i played years ago. Nothing got the blood pumping and the hands shaking when u got that silver vanq weapon and had to make it out of the dungeon and a red showed up. Try it out on each other, have a fight night within the guild and find out what works. Then try fel and play "chess" with human players. Its fun to learn what works and what doesnt and which templates are better then others. It will open a whole new world to you guys. Hell get a group and find a spawn and kill the boss for scrolls, I bet youll have the best time when u pull it off. I remember the days of being on my toes trying to finish spawns before getting raided. If you die ur out 5k and some play time. If you succeed I bet ull all have a great time and feel a rush.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the fun comes because its not a programmed monster with a built in AI that does the same patterns over and over.

Fighting another player brings a different element to the game. You dont know what the other person (well unless they are newbies) are going to do. So the fight could go this way or that. Do they stay in fight, do they counter with this, are they going to call in back up....thats why I enjoyed the pvp scene, and why I became a PK way back before aos was even thought about. I used to pk people, take a "trophy," res the person and let them go on their merry way.

I mean that was how I always had an endless supply of extremely accurate battle axe of vanquising.

The good ol' days.

L

Lord Urza

I think the fun comes because its not a programmed monster with a built in AI that does the same patterns over and over.
Well I was on my tamer, riding an ethy, with a chicken.....I got attacked, stood still and didnt even try to resist the death that was going to happen reguardless of what I did, Then got rez killed.

Do I care? No.

Does it bother me? Only the immaturity of the whole thing. and being called a weak B**** for getting rez killed in an EM house lol.

Wasnt that big a deal to me, paid the insurence, its over. Some of us even pushed threw the event to the end. Congrats and Thanks to those people, and everyone who stayed to watch and cheer!

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh', I'm not big on the whole RK factor either. In fact I asked my guild not to, but some pkers can't help themselves!

I did however rez a few blues/heal them up, and sent them on their way.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off, congrats Hunter on another victory. It was nice to see the King knocked out once though, now we know its possible :p. Ive got the Cinderella Chicken in training so whoa to next months. Doesn't have the stats but Ive been pumping it full of performance enhancing drugs. Although Maximimi pointed out that only makes their peckers smaller so who knows.

On the reds, yeah its a rude disruption to something that is not related to player combat but Id love it if next time they brought in a slew of battle chickens to pk the ppl outside the house.

OK what I cant understand is the developers made these battle chickens just for these events., yes? Why couldn't they make a safe place to fight them??? It should go hand in hand.

On another note, there ARE in game portal tiles for transporting between housing. Do they not work between facets? Could one be placed in the tram hall and directly in the stadium? I know there must be a reason they cant portal right into the house, someone tell me. Cuz reds would pour in maybe? Is there a way to auto guard whack em at the tram hall before they can enter a portal?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the reds, yeah its a rude disruption to something that is not related to player combat but Id love it if next time they brought in a slew of battle chickens to pk the ppl outside the house.
The event took place in Fel right? That's the pkers facet right?

We didn't disrupt anything, instead we played the game as it was intended in Fel.

I don't know what the EM was thinking holding a tram event in fel, but i bet ya he's thinking twice now!

A

Az of DSR

I think the real arguement here is a simple one. Some people enjoy ruining other peoples fun. And most of them like to pvp. It brings them joy to know that it makes you mad to die to them. And this is a joy some of you dont understand.

But at the end of the day, this EM is bad at planning. Didnt think it through and gave these people who enjoy killing a glorious chance to get off killing non pvpers. Shame on you EM whatever. =P

Fel was made for pvpers so we dont have to deal with them. But thats the only way to allow pets to fight without making a guild and making participates join this guild to fight there birds. So make a guild, do it and tram, and stop giving them the satisfaction. Duh.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im sure there is a way to make it where the chickens can flag one another in Trammel. I would imagine its pretty simple. If your bard can make one dragon attack another dragon with a lute...then a silly EM can make to freaking chickens attack each other.

Also, why didnt this EM put in counter measures to ensure the safety of those attending. Why, didnt the EM ban/block people from the house.

I mean seriously. If your going to blame the PKs for doing what they do in their own facet, then you should justly blame the EM for not doing what he could in his own home/event.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
reds can't go to Trammel, can they, Pen?

I dunno much about the red rules but if they cant then why aren't we gated directly inside the house, or use a teleport tile (again I don't know if it works in Fel)? That would solve the whole issue. There must be something I'm not seeing.

The was the chicken fight club that came to Legends briefly (i think they left due to lack of interest and griefers, someone kept peacing or something) and they did the guild thing mentioned above. Its a little hassle to drop your guild every fight but really no big deal. That seems a good solution.

And it WAS a disruption. People went to an EM event, not to play Fel. Its a respect thing. Plus it just drives in another nail. And I'm sure Jirel of Joiry wouldn't have approved...

As far as PKing, yeah its a thrill and a lot of fun. I love it in other games. I have been wary in UO because all I hear about are speedhacks and whatnot and why play when if its impossible to win without them. I know everyone doesnt use them, Im accusing no one, just heard it over and over FROM the reds. I tried to get into it once, sat on a log in my undies a few times and watched some action. Who knows, I might try it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they actually did ban a few from the house. And just for fun, what Mesanna shoulda done was spawn some really fast super strong mobs with 2million HPs outside the house and all over the City of Britain, Fel. Or even make em invulnerable ;)
And then dismiss em when the event is over...*grins*

Would give us something to watch in between rounds...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, why didnt this EM put in counter measures to ensure the safety of those attending. Why, didnt the EM ban/block people from the house.
They did. Didn't help with us having to come and go.

Here's an idea for the next round.
1. Link a vortex from the Trammel counselor's hall to the vortex in the cave where the fights start. (since reds can't enter trammel, they can't enter this particular vortex)

2. Disable the vortex at Fel counselor's hall (temporarily, of course, just for the event duration)

3. Put up energy fields on the entrance of the cave where the arena is (again, just for the duration of the event.

So this will keep Red Company from being there, they won't be able to get to the arena during the event. The only option for them then becomes camping the cave for hours beforehand...and if they have nothing better to do than that, so be it :p

This *will* take a bit more EM time to set up, a few hours before the event...They won't be able to set an event for 8pm and log on at 7:55 and say "let's go!".
But in the end, the increased participation should be worth it.

G

Green Mouser

First off, congrats Hunter on another victory. It was nice to see the King knocked out once though, now we know its possible :p. Ive got the Cinderella Chicken in training so whoa to next months. Doesn't have the stats but Ive been pumping it full of performance enhancing drugs. Although Maximimi pointed out that only makes their peckers smaller so who knows.

OK what I cant understand is the developers made these battle chickens just for these events., yes? Why couldn't they make a safe place to fight them??? It should go hand in hand.

On another note, there ARE in game portal tiles for transporting between housing. Do they not work between facets? Could one be placed in the tram hall and directly in the stadium? I know there must be a reason they cant portal right into the house, someone tell me. Cuz reds would pour in maybe? Is there a way to auto guard whack em at the tram hall before they can enter a portal?
Yes, the portals work between facets.

My point was that the whole "feeding us to Reds" that the EM's did was completely unexcusable. There was no reward for the risk. It was completely assinine of these "Event Moderators" to make us go through it just to witness an event. Then they open a Blue gate for us to go right to Brit Bank Fel. It makes no sense. There is no logic to their thinking.

I know you are more tolerant of stupidity then I am but they seriously mishandled this event.

I wonder how many more contestants would have enjoyed this event if planned properly.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uriah, could they just bring in an innocent looking blue and just gate in the rest behind the energy fields? And I believe the last match they DID gate us in from tram so I wondered why not this time.

Yeah Mouser, it was definitely mishandled but they are aware of it and planning a better way (I hope). I have a tolerance for stupidity because I find myself on that side from time to time. I'm a bit absentminded lets say.

Thing is I really like these events and if these things happen then it will just snuff out the crowd. I think solutions are the most important thing right now. Maybe I'm wrong jumping on the reds for showing up but it is not conducive to these events. We should have more Fel events/tourneys but something tells me that would just get interrupted too.

Hell I'd like to see some bagball teams out there with team jerseys and all. EM ref! But thats best played in Fel, isnt it? :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Innocent looking blue wouldn't work.
Recall and Gates are turned off in Fel caves...otherwise we could have all just recalled out of the arena :p
So no, they couldn't get them in there, unless they stationed them beforehand. Even then, the only ones that would be inside, would be the ones there before the EMS set the fields and disabled the Fel side vortex.
A couple would be a nuisance, but manageable.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah youre right, I knew that... thats what I mean about me being absentminded :)
DOH!

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since one of the mods on this forum was pked during this event and still has issues, I hope this question flys without said person being upset still. Dont you guys think trammel, luna, sam lands, and the sty abyss lands are enough? Dont you think that when you come to fel you should play by fel rules? I wish I could go to tram and hunt people, maybe if we start asking the gm to make it so they will listen. Do you ask the GM to kill dragons for you if you die? Maybe just drop the shiny trinkets into your bankbox if you walk by it? All I can say is if u come to Fel L2P.

L

Lord Urza

First off, I dont just delet posts because i dont care for what is being said in them.
Second, I do not have an "issue" i didnt care for being called foul names, and I dont see the thrill in killing someone who just got ressed and hasnt even had a chance to heal, or put the first piece of armor on, but thats fel plain and simple.

Do I think those lands are enough? Sure I do! I play them allmost exclusively. I do however once and a great while go run around Fel, just for the heck of it...maybe ill see some reds and get chased and killed, maybe ill fight back and have fun trying to pvp (which i cant, mostly because I am one of few dialup UO players left that I know of)

But mostly I stay out of fel, and out of all the reds way.
I saddly however really do enjoy the battle chickens very much, and it just so happens that they are being held in fel.
I dont really have that much of a problem running the gauntlet...dieing...paying insurence gold...having my backpack looted....or getting res killed.

The only thing that makes it so frustrating is spending the hours training my chicken to full stats, and waiting a month for the tourny to come around, then having to take a chance my chicken will get killed trying to get into the event, and have his stats drop, lowering my chances of winning.
*Cant summon them in house with pet ball*
*Cant log out once in house then log back in, cause you get tossed out under house sign and within the reach of pkers*
Allso the stable guy is outside too.
Its just very frustrating to wait a month to get to take part in an event, and then not even know if were gunna be able to do it, and not get to enjoy half of it because a red is in the house ( not doing anything wrong) and you dont know if he is gunna just whack your lizard and lower your chances in the next fight or something.

I think pvp is an unmessurably important aspect of UO, and I greatly respect the skill level that pvpers have. I have allways kinda viewed it as the thing to do in UO (Maybe because you have done everything else, pvm ect. holds little challenge, or diversity?)
Tho im sure there are many reasons for its lure, and I know for a fact if i didnt have to play on this silly dial up Id be right there in fel quite often trying to learn to pvp myself.

EM's should for sure hold more fel events, PK events, and Events for Reds.
I imagine the reason they dont hold very many is because of how little ability the EM's have to control a rowdy bunch of PKers, and the number of players who focus on fel, compaired to the number that play the other facets.

I have no ill will twords, reds, or PK'ers I would actually really love to get to know some of you better, Id love to get to take part watching you all fight each other, ect. without having a grey screen.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since one of the mods on this forum was pked during this event and still has issues, I hope this question flys without said person being upset still. Dont you guys think trammel, luna, sam lands, and the sty abyss lands are enough? Dont you think that when you come to fel you should play by fel rules? I wish I could go to tram and hunt people, maybe if we start asking the gm to make it so they will listen. Do you ask the GM to kill dragons for you if you die? Maybe just drop the shiny trinkets into your bankbox if you walk by it? All I can say is if u come to Fel L2P.
:) actually, both the mods, and the reporter and her chicken, a couple of times.... ha!

(bobmac, what's L2P, please?)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event took place in Fel right? That's the pkers facet right?

We didn't disrupt anything, instead we played the game as it was intended in Fel.

I don't know what the EM was thinking holding a tram event in fel, but i bet ya he's thinking twice now!
That is correct. In Felucca it is acceptable to pk. This is why the gm did not ban anyone. However, just because you can pk someone, does not mean you must or even should do so. It's obvious the EM was trying to hold an event focused on chicken fights, not pk fights. It is this lack of restraint that caused our beloved Britannia to be split into facets in the first place. And you're right, the EMs will probably not want to hold any future events in Felucca. So how exactly has that helped the Legends community?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a problem with the pk'ing, I understand it.
References to sexual parts will get you moved.
Should be simple to understand.
*nod*

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not gonna discuss this topic much further. And I give you a pass on the discussing moderator actions for the time being.
This mod is not upset at being killed. This mod was upset at the language and references and innuendo in the post in question.
As for as Pk'ing, its all pixels...doesn't affect anything except the event, and trust me, there's plenty of insurance monies in the bank to cover whatever you can do to me ingame.

Heck, the contestants got killed going in, their chicken lizards killed going in, after rezzing, some were having problems getting them to obey...seems all the hay to feed em had been looted/left on corpses. I volunteered to go back and get some, aint no thang, ya know? :mf_prop:

If you were watching, you should have seen me step out the door saying "hurry up and get it done". I didn't want all the fielding and crap, that would slow the process down too long. :)

ghosted on thru, bought hay, insured it, found a willing gent to kill me early on so I could run on back to event unhindered. So no, death has no meaning for Uriah Heep.

We are fairly lenient with language and attitude in the pvp thread, to an extent. Those courtesies will NOT be extended to the rest of the board.

[/end subject]

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shelleybean; said:
1595493 And you're right, the EMs will probably not want to hold any future events in Felucca. So how exactly has that helped the Legends community?
I suppose this is where you get to call me selfish. In my eyes, if any event(no matter the type) is taking place in Fel, it should be directed towards the pvpers.

While one can look at our actions as hindering the legends community, I choose to look at it as helping the Fel community. There is no reason for us to make Fel anymore care bear than it already is.

I'm actually admittedly a little bitter towards trammel going folk. "Trammies" have literally been given everything in UO. Where as pkers have been given nothing in YEARS. It seems like the UO design team is doing everything possible to keep people from visiting fel. The only reward people get from fel are the power scrolls.

Now, my reward is actually the pking aspect of UO. Yet, if there is no driving force bringing people to fel, who are we to pk? There is no diversity in Fel anymore. It's sad really.

When we saw an event taking place in our lands we lit up in vent! Finally we would see new faces in fel. Even if they might not have the pvp knowledge, a face is a face! That little chicken event brought faction fighting to Fel brit, plus pking. It added an element to the shard, that's been missing for a long time in Fel. I know a lot of you wont understand what i mean by that, but I'm sure some will.

This thread is actually kinda cool. It's allowing both trammies/pkers to voice their point of view. Very cool!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, it really is, even tho we're having a devil of a time understanding each other! :lol:

W

weezer

I suppose this is where you get to call me selfish. In my eyes, if any event(no matter the type) is taking place in Fel, it should be directed towards the pvpers.

While one can look at our actions as hindering the legends community, I choose to look at it as helping the Fel community. There is no reason for us to make Fel anymore care bear than it already is.

I'm actually admittedly a little bitter towards trammel going folk. "Trammies" have literally been given everything in UO. Where as pkers have been given nothing in YEARS. It seems like the UO design team is doing everything possible to keep people from visiting fel. The only reward people get from fel are the power scrolls.

Now, my reward is actually the pking aspect of UO. Yet, if there is no driving force bringing people to fel, who are we to pk? There is no diversity in Fel anymore. It's sad really.

At best the concepts in your post are of a very narrow focus. I wouldn't call them selfish as you indicated, just narrow. If you see fel as just a pvp zone and/or scroll factory, then you fail to see some of the best parts of fel (although I admit that pvp is the best part of the game)

I truly wish there was never a tram fel split.

I am actually ok with the guys getting attacked because the event was in fel. Fel is fel and I wouldn't have it any other way. That is just life.

You indicated that there has been nothing for fel or pvp in years.
The new lich spawn in fel that unlocks item deco (this should be a draw to fel by itself for the Trammies and people taking the risk"). Rewards from the new demon spawn in hythloth.

Imbuing is really for pvp and leveling the playing field with suits and builds. It does help trammies, but not like it changed the pvp scene.

Dreadmares, never seen them used in tram!! Really just a pvp only tameable.

Faction arties should be for fel use and you have to come to fel to get points and the arties (I get there are point farmers out there).

Stat scrolls, you do have peerless there just like tram (not all of them);

There have been several fel events, pvp tournaments, major arc events such as the death on Clanin, etc. The EM were trying to hold a monthly pvp tournament.

Castles and keeps can only be placed in tram or fel (excludes males, new lands, etc.). Double resources for mining, etc. Fighting at idocs, harrowers, etc. Specific and desirable replica drops that only occur in fel.

In the old days (and still some today) are the best player run towns and player events in the game. I came from a shard that know for these and still have them. The fel rule set lends itself to this.

Even though there is a lot less to steal now, taking some pvpers stuff and running/taunting can be blast ( escaping or traping the mark in a situation they can't get out of is so much fun).

There is noway that mysticism was added for the trammel population.

Other than players, what does tram have that you want? Really!! I would like to have any abyss dungeon just for a new place to fight or get ingrediants on a red in some down time.

Realistically fel does not lend itself to being populated by new players or players wanting to test pvp. If you just look at it from a behavioral standpoint, if you have a positive experience somewhere you a likely to repeat the action or return. The key here is positive, you actually get a hit or spell on a red or have a fight not a slaughter. Look what happened at the event itself. Based on the experience level of the group you had there it was impossible for people to have positive experience. Grinding and feilding gives them no chance to have fun or even fight back (lame tactics and i would expect this from X, i expected a different fighting style). Res killing.... lame

People took the risk of going to an EM event in an unprepared way (mistake on their part) and got dropped by people significantly more experienced than them. That would make the average person not want to come back that started and plays in tram. They didn't understand or consider the possibility of loss from going somewhere they never go and probably will not go again for some time.

I understand that the trammel rule set has many different advantages, but be realistic there are reasons for the advantages and disadvantages. I contemplate going to free shard all the time because I prefer the pre AOS rules, but i stay because of the people i know.

I also get that pvp on this shard is lame with 12 X archers and one mage rushing from a house against 2 or one person or grinding despise at first level, but you knew this before you reactivated on this shard. At times there is nobody to fight. That is just sad that so many people miss out on the best part of the game.

I get both sides of the population here, both are having extreme reactions because of how they play. Thinking that events in fel should on be pvp only events is a bit silly. Going to fel and not understanding the possibility of getting killed and getting upset about it, also a bit silly.

I actually feel like the current team would like to see people pvp more and have added things. The problem is that you want to make people pvp when they simply don't want to. Adding incentives for people to go pvp doesn't work (see all the dev effort). If i knew what would bring people to fel, i would do it. Most of the UO (including asian shards) prefers the tram stuff. Sadly, this is life.

By the way, LOL at alexander for losing scrolls. Now he should have known better.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[If you just look at it from a behavioral standpoint, if you have a positive experience somewhere you a likely to repeat the action or return. The key here is positive, you actually get a hit or spell on a red or have a fight not a slaughter. Look what happened at the event itself. Based on the experience level of the group you had there it was impossible for people to have positive experience. Grinding and feilding gives them no chance to have fun or even fight back.
I guess that's really the question then, isn't it? Were they looking for new people to help make Fel grow; or were they just looking for an easy thrill and a cheap kill? Probably the latter. Now they'll say that they don't want anyone in Fel who wants there hand held anyhow, but the fact is at some point we all need our hand held until we know what we're doing.

Yes, I'm sure this event was fun for some in Fel as it gave them new corpses with names they've never seen before; alas, if they wanted those corpses to return they would have probably been best not to be so brazen in their tactics.

L

Lord Urza

Yes, I'm sure this event was fun for some in Fel as it gave them new corpses with names they've never seen before; alas, if they wanted those corpses to return they would have probably been best not to be so brazen in their tactics.

Well said, Iv talked to a few people since this event, and a couple of them have told me they saddly wont be attending any more held in this fashion.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, it looks like our concerns are being closely followed, and a solution has been offered! Tonight Amroth took a stroll down to the Legends Arena and discovered that an Acme Pk Repellant Fence is being installed in the mouth of the tunnel leading to the building.

Amroth reported this finding to me immediately and I, in turn, questioned EM Helios about the construction.
The screens will be open for access at all times for anyone wishing to use the arena unless there is an EM hosted event in progress. During an event the entrance will be closed off and a gate will be provided to the interior. This will provide as much safety as could reasonably be expected.

So, what do you all think? Are our EMs on the right track here?

G

Green Mouser

Its better than the stick in the eye the Reds did to me over and over

L

Lord Urza

They just might be dev! Hopefully it works.
Thanks Helios , Thanks Tashik!

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the problem and what causes pks to hate trammies. Not once in all your posts did I hear "you know what we should all get together and kill them and then we can just do what we want in fel" instead I heard "cry, cry, cry, we dont want to play by fel rules so give us more tram in fel" And thus the EM said "Let there be more trammel and the fel players lose more of what made this game great" Its great the EM's dont have to play by the ruleset. Hopefully we get an EM that actually enjoys fel and lets us have an event in trammel................

last question, do you guys cry when u die to a monster or is that your just mad if a pk kills you?

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess that's really the question then, isn't it? Were they looking for new people to help make Fel grow; or were they just looking for an easy thrill and a cheap kill? Probably the latter. Now they'll say that they don't want anyone in Fel who wants there hand held anyhow, but the fact is at some point we all need our hand held until we know what we're doing.

Here the deal, we were looking for people to fight, we do not camp swoops like you guys we camp spots where there will be real live players. Where else to find real live players but an event held in fel? And yes we dont want to hold anyones hand in fel because most of us started off just like you guys till we put in the time to learn 2 play (L2P). Do you think we just ran one day into fel and started droping people? I give you a hint if at any instance fel excites you like it did us theres a few ways to go about it. Heres my list-

1. find a guildy and fight with him and see what works and what doesnt.
2. load up on insurance $ and try to kill people and see if it works
3. Ask people for duels
4. have a guild night pvp session and pick teams, everyone wears one color robes the other wear another.
5. PM one of us and ask for help, with all the down time that X hides in a house we might have time to teach a few people the ropes.

most of this can be done in tram or the safety of a house if set up right.

I hope to see more of you guys in fel. I wont stand over your corpse and yell newb or go back to trammel, in fact ID prob ress ya and let u finish your spawn. Unless thats is of course you dirt nap me first.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope to see more of you guys in fel. I wont stand over your corpse and yell newb or go back to trammel, in fact ID prob ress ya and let u finish your spawn. Unless thats is of course you dirt nap me first.
Actually he is right! I've been killed several times, on several chars in Despise at the Barracoon, both fighting it and stealthin around getting into mischief. And quite honestly, I have yet to be trash talked, laughed at for being an easy-kill noob, or any of the "expected" actions... *knocks on wood*

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me it wasn't about being pked, i hadnt been pked anyway and couldnt care less if i was. Its about trying to see an EVENT that was interrupted. By what happened, well, very FEW will go through that again for an event.

And people have been turned off Fel even more. If you really want an influx into Fel then you prolly SHOULD hold ppls hands, youre not going to get it any other way. If youre happy the way things are then just keep at it.

And theres marketing... tramies arent lined up to go to Fel, the ppl that want to be there already are, if you want more then you need to win them. As you see, youre not going to get the "revenge hunt" you seek, its not going to happen. The people didnt care about the deaths beyond the chicken reasons, they were upset they couldnt do what they came for. Why would they form a lynchmob? Its something they obviously dont want to participate in anyway and not going to bring back chicken stats or overturn the hassle. The revenge mindset IS FEl I believe, not everyone cares about it. Its yalls call, you can bring people in if you want or turn them off.

Someone said above that the event brought factions into Brit, but well, its not going to happen that way again. Thats been carefully planned around now so it didnt win much but a couple hours of play. Hey whatever, shoot Fel in the foot.

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By that attitude im glad we held up your event, like we tried to say before please dont bring trammel into fel its not wanted. We play by your rules in tram so play by ours in fel. Theres still ways for us to grief you guys if you keep pushing the issue where u think ur safe :p

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well i wasn't going to say it, but THAT attitude is what keeps a lot of ppl from even bothering with Fel. I in no way make a blanket statement on Fel but a lot there are griefers and yeah thats so enjoyable. Instead of listening that Im trying to HELP, you get upset and talk grief.
And that wasn't trams event. It was OUR(Legends) event.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh' Well everyone has been warned from now on out, there will be reds camping future Fel (trammel type) events.

We'll see what the EM tries this time to thwart the pks. An attempted ban didn't work, so we'll see what that fence can do. Thus far, it looks like it's just going to allow us to field a smaller area....

Everyone insure your items, because there's going to be a slaughter!:stir: