• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Isto Veldruk's Quest for Solace

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This morning I was rudely awoken by a loud clicking of a pidgeon on my Window.

I opened it and let the bird in. Attached to his leg was a little roll of paper witch I carefully opened.
The message was from Noximos , summoning me to Buccaneer’s Den in Felucca. He was talking about strange findings.
A bit suspicious I took off to Felucca….

I arrived in Buccaneer’s Den and was greeted by Noximos.

At first I didn’t notice anything out of order, but looking around closely I noticed some notes laying on the ground.
Noximos was quite excited, he was talking about this strange Creature that was sneaking around here.

I couldn’t make anything of the Notes, Tapping my shoulder Nox told me it was written in an ancient tongue called Drow. We translated it to the best of our knowledge to “Music of Drow”
All the sudden the Creature revealed himself.

A dark Man with elven features.

He was not very talkative but we were able to get some information out of him:
When addressed as an elf, an expression filled with disgust covered the dark face, simply to snap back, that he was actually known as a "Drow".
When asked about his ability to shift into animal forms, and his ability to walk amongst shadows, he responded "We are darkness, the art of stealth is not a challenge"
He said: My tongue is limited without darkness , this we seek is an injustice

We seek death of infidels
Light skinned pointies, is that what you call them? We speak of these darthirii. Is that what Mortal refer to as? Or light skin pointies?
They shal feel blades. Speak of Tunnels I know them well. In becommings they must not disturb.

A lot of people started coming by to take a look at the new Stranger he didn’t feel threatened at all

This always crowded when dark skin appears.
Knights of pure in the City of Kings. Would wish harm upon us. Elf tis scaped my grasp

Another dark elf walked in just a guy like you or me and the Stranger became quite excited!

Your skin is dark speak fast
Jalus nym’ver uns’aa
Your tounge is that of….oloth udos zotreth
Hmmmmm hmmmmm hmmmmm

When asked about his Agenda he answered : "Why must one have what you say?"

About his plans he only answered : Solace
He told Noximos “ The caves is where you can find me, darkness I seek”
He asked him the caves of Felucca , or the caves of these Lands
He answered the Second

Then I had to leave for a couple.
When I returned he seemed gone but Nox and I took on the search for his secret Lair.

We found it after a little while, but I won’t tell for now , don’t want to spoil the secret .

After returning home to Yew I had to sat down and brought the whole adventure down to paper

Thank you Noximos for sharing!

L

Lord Kynd

so once again only a small handfull of people somehow ?? found out something was happening while the majority of the shard sit's unknowing about the event ?
i still can't find the EM's to get a sash :(

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I asked and was told that EM's are no longer handing out sashes for various reasons, for the time being.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It would be nice if the EMs would make some kind of shard-wide announcement that something is going on, rather than just tell a few people.

But it is really good to see events happening again!!

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was late at night, & I've been frequently watching that "sheet music" for the last 3 or so days since noticing it.

I'm no one special, Kynd, all you have to do is look.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rofl, I took the named fish from the ground and left with it as a souvenir

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noximos discovered a couple more Locations with Clues

Runes to those can be found at Winterbreeze (2nd Floor on the black Goza Mat)

Goodmans (first Floor against the Back Wall infront of the X mas Tree)

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I awoke the next morning with an annoying tinge, still eating at me, the same thoughts as I'd heard in the dreams, repeating in my now conscious mind;

"The drow seeks refuge here, but why now? Where does his allegiance lie? Obviously not with that fiend, Casca, but what if it was simply a charade...? No, that's not the case..couldn't be.."

With an annoyed sigh I'd forced myself up, dawning my suit of armor whilst grumbling the whole way through. With the finishing touches applied, it was time to relocate, grabbing a familiar leatherbound book that'd read "The cities", I thumbed through the pages until I came to the location I'd been thinking of the entire night. With the words of power spoken, I was rushed through the void to a familiar land, a barren land..a murderer's haven, if you will.

"Now, which of these huts did he retreat to last night..." I'd muttered to myself, surveying the scene with shielded eyes. "..That's the one." answering my own question as I approached that familiar shack.

"Efforts in vain..you knew he wouldn't be here." A bit of self-loathing never hurt anyone, right!? Although I may not have found the person, maybe something left!

"Bah! This foreign language again..?! On my life, I will teach this fellow proper speaking.". Yet another attempt, foiled by foreseen circumstance, could this outing be any worse?

*SNAP*

My body cringed at the very sound, oh that dreaded familiar pop...my footwear, had worn..if you will. "By the Gods, what have I done to deserve this!?" I exclaimed, only to be calmed & brought back to reality by the sight from across the river, a leatherworker, what luck!

"Don't move you pretty little stone, I'll only be a moment!"

"No need for a translator, that's a gem! An emerald, and what a beautiful cut!"

Dismounting myself from the ethereal creature, I knelt closer to the stone, enchanted by this unknown object, I instinctively reached out, the plate gauntlets I'd worn acting as an iron claw, grasping the gem in my palm to only be repelled by an unknown force with the blink of an eye.

"I'll be back for you with an old friend, pebble!", that's the ticket, challenge that emerald, you tell it who is superior! But for now, leave it...that's the plan.

~Noximos

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...These items have apparently been moved. :'(

I had hope for events in Felucca! HOPES I SAY!

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After hours of investigating, covering every inch of that God forsaken island with an inquisitive eye, I finally managed to cross paths with the drow known as "Isto" once more. Still though, many questions left unanswered, even with a small guide of common Drowish phrases written by a dear scribe associate of mine, the language barrier was far too strong for in-depth conversation. I return home with only a small beam of light shed on this stranger, but I can promise, nothing has ever been so certain in my years of adventuring, he is here with honest intention.

Alas, you care not of my opinion, but the facts I've come across!

As stated in a previous article, his plan remains, to simply seek solace in these lands, but with abit of poking, a NEW desire has been uncovered, the word of a thief! Calm down friends, I thought the same thing, but apparently he simply wished to know about a thief who'd stolen the fish he'd kept in a small section of cave he sought refuge in (Shame on you, nameless rogue!). As he wandered about, I couldn't help but follow, pelting him with questions for the second night in a row, I began to bit of sympathy given the situation, so instead of badgering him about the possible threat against the home lands, I chose to inquire about his. Gazing toward the nearest item of that obviously belonged to my new-found acquaintance, that emerald I'd been so enthralled with the last time I'd visited Buccaneer's den, when asked if the item had any value, his response was simple but heart-filled, "Home" is what he'd referred to it as, an obvious memento of his heritage, but I couldn't help but wonder if that was all he'd had left or simply what he'd brought.

Time seemed to be against me, my eyes growing heavy, my reactions slower & suddenly in the midst of my self-pity, he'd taken the shape of a rat & taken off into the thicket! While giving myself a verbal lashing, I took off after him, but if you haven't visited the Den recently, let me refresh your memory; RATS! EVERYWHERE!

With the small amount of ingenuity & function I had left in me, I'd dug through the reliable leather bag I'd kept at all times, grabbing a special book, the leather it consisted of, a fine shade of lime, (Almost resembling verite ore in it's purest form.) I'd flung the book open & there on the front page lay the rune I'd previously marked to Isto's hide-out! The power words exclaimed, I was lifted from my feet, flung through the region to the mouth of a near by cave, the cave he'd spoken of before, but to my displeasure.....it was empty! A few sewer rats, and something so large it resembled a canine! I was furious, taking off in such an abrupt manner, and leaving me nothing but vermin! LARGE Vermin, might I add.

I can imagine you know how the remainder of the night went for me, so I will spare you the details, and leave you with a final note;

Watch where you step, because if you step on that drow, I will have your head as wall decor!

~ Noximos.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry I stole the fish!
Screenshot or it did not happen. Fish looks locked down in the original image. You probably used a dagger and destroyed it by turning it into a raw fish *gasp*

BTW, looks like the EM's are role playing. Thanks for posting the story so that people who were not there can enjoy it and learn more.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too have met our Drow in my wanders.

Having missed the public display by the self proclaimed King I wandered into Blackthorns Castle this night to see if he was receiving. I was met by the usual guards patrolling. They nodded as they went about their duties, accustom to my periodic visits. Finding no one else around I called upon a friend Isamu from the House of Wolfthistle to admire the castle with me.
As we spoke in the dining hall, Isto Veldruk made himself known to us.

He spoke of many things, (including how I umm..gained access..*blushes*), but mostly spoke of our concerns regarding Casca. In parting he suggested we find Sherry, and indicated she was still somewhere in the city.

He told us he was residing in Buc's Den in Felucca these days. So if we are in need of him he can be reached there.

Perhaps Sherry holds the answers we seek.

S

SuBCoMa

Never felt the need to become a member here until last night, nothing ever happens to me, till last night and here goes of my adventures

this guy is crazy, i followed him last night in stealth, wish i took some pic of this event.
He wandered near destard in fel for about a hour.
he stopped a few times and said "ol uriu tlu bauth ghilol uriu tlu bauth ghil, z'klaen ragar udossta oloth" or translated too "it has to be around here, i must find our darkness"

if there where any deer around he would kill them, other than that he just wandered around.
About the time i was thinking about leaving i messed up and he saw me,

He took of running, so i pursued, to no avail he vanished,

about 3 minutes later i came about him in the form of a frog,
among the swamp
i pretended not to notice, as i passed by him
then when he i couldnt see him i hid and stealthed back there.

as he came into view,
He let out a loud "ribbit"
then he looked towards destard and said "wun l' har'ol ol z'klaen tlu" which translated to "in the cave it must be"
but my time was up, and i left then
i didnt get a chance to look inside destard for anything...

Q

quig

He was in starroom just before server down, but most of what he said was in top article.
He said drow language stuff but i didnt know there was a translation available so didnt write it down :wall:
He also pet the Harrower statue.
Couple things he said, "I give knowledge", "I can only kill".
He also said elves were his enemy, forgot to ask about casca too, but starrooms a hard place to have a conversation lol.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was in starroom just before server down, but most of what he said was in top article.
He said drow language stuff but i didnt know there was a translation available so didnt write it down :wall:
He also pet the Harrower statue.
Couple things he said, "I give knowledge", "I can only kill".
He also said elves were his enemy, forgot to ask about casca too, but starrooms a hard place to have a conversation lol.
Aye, I was there hehe.