• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Is There A Traitor In Our Community? (Interview)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians!

After the last evening we spent at Britain Castle, meeting the dashing Detective, and again searching for clues in Ter Mur, I had a few questions that I felt needed a bit more perusing.

As everyone is aware, a certain member of our community has had some rather nasty things to say about our beloved Queen Dawn. He's even gone on to hint at some involvement with the Mutant situation. I, as a reporter, could not in good faith let this go unanswered.

I found Sir Tedley racing across Luna one evening and gave chase. I was not sure if he would answer my questions or not, but I would give him a fair chance to speak before condemning him outright as a traitor to our land. His standing in the community stood in question. Was the Curator for one of Napa's finest museums truly a traitor?

He realized rather quickly that I was after him, and didn't run like a guilty conspirator, nor did he shirk in the face of my boldness. In fact, he turned suddenly and raced back at me. Gave me such a start I almost stabbed him with my pen! Just for the sake of knowledge, Sir Tedley has good reflexes. I should apologize for the ink stain on his robe.

Seeing I had his full attention, as he stood eyeing me rather suspiciously, I jumped right in. Take a trip back with me, and witness our exchange.

Sir Tedley's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, the only indication that he knew the individual before him as a reporter.

"What do you want?" he barked.

Salya Sin visibly started, then squared her shoulders.

"To ask a few questions, you have made some rather outlandish remarks!"

"Have I?" Sir Tedley's grin came wide before he laughed loudly. His shoulders jerking with the force of his humor.

"You know very well that you have, Sir Tedley, " Salya said sharply, her tone making it quite clear that she resented his reaction.

"And which statements would that be?" The grin still present. The kind of toothy grin that screams hilarity.

"Sir, Tedley," growled Salya, intent on getting this interview finished. "How long have you lived in Napa?"

Sir Tedley shrugged nonchalantly, squaring his stance in a clear declaration of intent. He would play along for now.

"I've been in Napa Valley over 7 years."

"And you are the curator for one of Napa's many Museums, yes?"

"Yes, I'm the only curator of the Napa Valley Wax Museum." Again with that grin but she couldn't imagine what he would be finding funny now.

"I just want some background information about your role in our community," she clarified, before checking her notes. "How long have you been the curator?"

"I've been doing a Museum now," Sir Tedley stopped, his gaze going upward in thought. "Hmm... just over 6 years."

"And you do this for what reason?" Even to her own ears, her skepticism was discerning.

"I made a wax museum with statue makers and vendors that look like my friends. I hope I can gain peoples trust in getting more of them to donate their statue makers." He chuckled in delight. "What better way to be immortal?"

Salya took a deep breath in relief, at least he was going to try to be helpful. So far, so good, she thought.

"Now, if you don't mind my directness," her voice faded as his smile bloomed wide once again, bringing a scowl to her own face.

"Sir Tedley," her voice biting. "How many of our ruling leaders have you met? Associated with?"

His gaze looked thoughtful once again, his armor clanking as he shifted his weight around.

"Not many of the Kings and Queens, but I do know a lot of the guild leaders." His tone implied a statement of fact, a hint of something deeper perhaps.

"I see," Salya mumbled, scribbling illegibly onto her scroll. "And umm, out of all your time in Napa, who do you think did the best job of ruling our society?"

She hoped to get something about his loyalties. So far he'd been quick, direct, and almost mocking with his laughter. Did he think she wouldn't write him as a traitor if he indeed appeared to be one? That no one would read or care?

"Our one and only Lord British." He narrowed his gaze once again, his smile fading, as if he knew what she'd been thinking.

"That's nothing new," she quipped. "Did you support Lord Casca?"

Sir Tedley's stance stiffened at once, as if her question had been a slap or a barb.

"No! He was a fake as well. He lied to get us to help him, just like Queen Dawn is doing!"

Salya blinked, backing up a step at the heat in Sir Tedley's gaze. His face had taken on a slightly reddened tone, the tension was palpable. She had her opening.

"You have been very vocal in opposing Queen Dawn. Claiming she has mislead Queen Zhah. What are your reasons, what evidence do you have?" She watched him carefully, feeling waves of ire pass over her.

"I feel shes doing the same as Casca did!" His voice rising in indignation. "Every time he asked for help we died, just as Queen Dawn is doing!"

Salya opened her mouth to protest but Sir Tedley stepped forward, continuing.

"Yet she leaves without a scratch? Shes misleading all of us!"

His vehemence was clear. Sir Tedley had a very strong basis of belief in this. Salya wondered if he had indeed orchestrated the plot against Britannia. His demeanor definitely suggested a man of action.

"With Britannia's current threat, don't you think that you might be in danger of arrest, or worse, execution for treason?" She whispered.

"Nah," he seemed to deflate. To Salya's amazement, his form relaxed back, both arms entwining at his chest. "From what I've seen, what I've said, they haven't even listened to me. And the people of Brit, I hope do."

Again Salya started to speak in protest, but Sir Tedley held up his hand to quiet her. A small lifting to the edge of his mouth.

"They haven't done anything to me, nor will they." His smirk turned to a self assured grin. "I speak the truth."

"Some will call you a fanatic?" She spoke without thought, her exasperation most obvious.

"I've been called a lot worse," Sir Tedley shrugged again, raising his arms out as a further display of character. "I've lost a lot in my life here and I'll miss a lot more? But I'm still friends with all. Call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner."

He laughed softly at his own joke as Salya stared, having not a single idea of how to judge this man who stood before her. One minute he's the hazardous rake, mocking. The next he's raving about injustice, then just as suddenly, he's back to laughing like the world is just one big joke on all of us.

"You met Detective Marcus, the same as the rest of us. What was your impression?" Her voice fair to oozed the detectives name like it was something savory. Sir Tedley's brow shot up in question, making Salya's face burn in embarrassment.

"He's a fake also." Cutting right to the chase, Sir Tedley, for all accounts, appeared to be speaking in warning. "All he was doing was leading us to more death. Like Queen Dawn has, and from what I saw? There would have been more deaths that night."

Salya quickly swallowed her anger, her quill like lightning across her parchment. It was not her place to speak on anyone's behalf when reporting, she reminded herself, but her pale complexion had taken on a pink tone of it's own.

"What evidence do you think he will find?" She demanded without looking up, insinuating the man before her might be linked. She hadn't meant her opinion to show so drastically but Sir Tedley seemed completely unaffected.

"The evidence that they place," his voice very matter of fact. "I feel Queen Dawn hired for those rebellions last time."

Her head snapped up sharply, considering his calm visage. Salya could not believe her ears. Queen Dawn responsible for the rebellion? Did Sir Tedley think that ill of her?

"Where are your loyalties, Sir Tedley?"

"King British and Queen Zhah. The only two real King and Queen." Just that quick, he was tense again.

"And what do you hope to gain by this campaign against the Queen?"

It had to be asked. Goals were important, but did his include conspiring with the enemy against the citizens of Britannia?

"Well.. I hope," he cleared his throat loudly. "We the people gain our lands back and maybe we can actually gain trust in our neighbors instead of betraying them."

"And for the future of Napa Valley?" she asked, confused. He didn't appear to have a malevolent plan.

"I'd like to see the people I knew long ago. There's so much new stuff, and they're missing a lot. I hope someday they come back."

He pointed a finger, jabbing the air above her scroll. "And if Dawn burns you for the stuff she's doing, don't come to me. I told you so!"

Salya looked down at her scroll unsure if that was meant for her, or for all of Napa. She decided to take it as he said it and wrote it down. He had spoken, she would report it.

Having asked all her questions she mumbled a quick thanks and turned away. She had taken a couple of steps before Sir Tedley called out, volunteering one last statement.

"And yes, I would love to be King! But I wouldn't have a mouse do it," the word mouse came out like a bad taste in his mouth. "I'd have a member of the Guard so the people actually know it's the truth!"

Salya scribbled furiously to catch it all. When she looked up to ask him if he was going to try to take the throne, he was gone.

I went home after that and pondered this interview. My thoughts going back to the night we met Detective Marcus.

I can't tell you what, if anything, this means. I didn't find out if he was truly behind the mutations. And I can't tell you if he will make a play to overthrow Queen Dawn. I did my job though, and that's the best I can do.

I will tell you that I think Detective Marcus will do his job as well and if Sir Tedley is responsible, we'll know, and he will be judged accordingly.

Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...

S

Salya Sin

Just wanted to say THANKS to Sir Tedley for playing along. :)

F

five oclock

Very well Done. :D

As for his role playing..He speaks it like he calls it...

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
After some time, the celt checks in at the Llama Head, then turns her attention to the Merchant Association - her Luna shop. As she checks on the wares they present (for she is still cleaning house), she notices something is awaiting her attention in the mail box. Within is a small book, with some rather interesting writing on the pages. Taking the book with her, she finishes her Luna business, then returns the the Llama Head for some quiet time, and to read this book.

Turning the pages, at first her face is blank. However, reading deeper in, a small fire lights in her eyes. Another page is turned, and she laughs aloud suddenly. Quickly she finishes the book, then seals it with some wax and stashes in a golden box with other important and momentous keepsakes. Her eyes are sparkling with mirth and merriment when she pulls out her journal to write her thoughts...

I see, journal, there is still some fire and brimstone in our shard of Sosaria, called Napa Valley. Ted has indeed taken up a banner I thought few ever would. Reminds me of when the Lady Kyverl and I both turned our backs on the Royal Guard during the farce of recruitment... and our cries to try Lord British for abandoning us all. Perhaps there is still hope....

Bah!

We'll just have to wait and see. Will our shard ever become united behind a single cause? Will we ever see through the charade that has been presented to us? Or... rather... will a TRUE leader stand up to rule us all? Aye, that is the question, eh?

Well... gold needs counting, and customers need resources. I need to make a point to hunt a bit more. Oh, and must have a sit down with Ted sometime.... ayuh.... Sosaria needs a real leader.

ooc: well done! its been a VERY long time coming! kudos!!! Now if my health would agree with my urge to get into the game more often *sigh* miss you all!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome interview!!
and tedley! you should know more then anyone that Sherry is more then just a mouse..Sherry was lord British's secret weapon...Draconi once mentioned sherry as being a 12th circle casting abomination i think it was...trust in the mouse my friend!! trust in the cheeeese!! haha

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well done! Very Well Done indeed!

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
weather lord british trusts a house mouse dosent nessassarly make it right that she can make anyone king or queen im sorry i cant see that , i think its funny we know nothing of dawn and after we chase casca away and pretty much end his carrier she steps foreward and bam shes queen this to me isnt right .

we have done without a king or queen now for a long time maybe its time we stand and fight together against her or maybe we should claim the throne are selves ? we could have a king or queen of napa valley , then appoint lords or ladys to each of the faucets like fel trammel etc . i think we can take care of this .

i will always be against her those of you that feel the same as i do please say so LOL i dont want to go down alone LOL j/k anyways i stand by what i beleave in , queen dawn is a fake .

E

El Phantasmo

LOL! You go Tedely! At least you didn't side with those dang tree hugging elves!:D

P.S. Great story Salya! Lots of fun.:thumbup1:

F

five oclock

Your an Elf Teddley???? :D When did that happen???? :p So you did change ok :p

Due to the fact it would probally get me in trouble...Ill say this....a line during the start of the movie The Jerk that Steve Martin said.....I think we all know that line...When I say what I said :D

S

Salya Sin

ROFL... OMG! I just watched The breakfast club.. and now we're talking about The Jerk... talk about blasting back. :)