• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Into the Shadows, Sunday, September 6 ... Date Updated

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*** Please note this is the updated dated and time

from EM Kasaven and Cern’s Catskills Events Page

Into the Shadows.
by EM Kasaven

Owain sat across from Dawn, his eyes burning brightly with anticipation.

“We can end this, we can stop Casca and put an end to all that is evil in Britannia, we must rally the people,” Dawn shuffled in her chair with anticipation.

Owain did not reply, he merely drew his sword, Retribution, from its scabbard, and tested the tip of the blade upon his index finger. He pulled back with a wince as fresh blood appeared on the blade. He re-sheathed it with a nod of approval.

“You know where they hide,” she looked into Owain’s eyes, “You have seen them.”

“I’ve seen your dreams ruin you neigh the last few days, how sweat drips profusely from your body, drenching your bed in perspiration, how you shake uncontrollably, how your face contorts into the most horrid of features.”

Dawn placed her hand upon Owain’s shoulder, “Let us end this.”

“They plot your destruction, Dawn, as they have plotted mine,” Owain said in a low voice, “I will take you to them, but we will require assistance, time is of the essence.”

Dawn nodded and began to scribe a summons to the defenders of virtue.
Owain stepped outside the counselor’s hall and let out a sigh.
The nightmares will end. I will have vengeance. I will teach the shadows despair.

***Meet at the counselor’s hall in Britain at 9 p.m. EST on Sunday, September 6th. Be prepared for battle!***

Into The Shadows – Time/Date Change

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [NEWS] Into the Shadows, Saturday, September 5

Please note date and time have been changed:

Into The Shadows – Time/Date Change
by Kasaven

Due to unforseen cirumstance, the event time for the Into The Shadows event has been changed.
Meet at the counselor’s hall, in Britain, on Sunday, September 6th, at 9 p.m. EST.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

D

DPudding

Do these people sit around and decide when to have these things based on when I'm doing something else? I haven't hit an event since I've been back.

T

The Fallout

Wow, they picked the one night of the week im busy.....damn oh well lol

T

The Fallout

Wow only 15 mins late and everyone if gone. Wow. I'm actually angry.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems the Event is in one of the dungeons but WHICH ONE ?

Why couldn't the EMs leave a note saying WHERE we were supposed to go to ?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It seems the Event is in one of the dungeons but WHICH ONE ?

Why couldn't the EMs leave a note saying WHERE we were supposed to go to ?
LOL @ "leave a note"
It wasn't in one of the dungeons it was in a special area created for events such as this. (on the dungeon server)
Couldn't make it to the beginning on time to be gated in by the EM? Have a friend gate you in. Got no friends? Your problem.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got to the Dungeon, the Lag was HORRIBLE, the place was so PACKED that it was not even possible to target anything.

There was Wild fires and flames all over the place, it was not even possible to get anywhere near the action without dieing right away and in the end there was nothing.
No drops, no loot.

A total waste of time.

If all Events are like this I wonder why bother ?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Do these people sit around and decide when to have these things based on when I'm doing something else? I haven't hit an event since I've been back.
I send them notes to tell them to make sure you're not there. It's all part of the one square plan.... oh no I have said too much!
*shadows* :eyes:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL @ "leave a note"
It wasn't in one of the dungeons it was in a special area created for events such as this. (on the dungeon server)
Couldn't make it to the beginning on time to be gated in by the EM? Have a friend gate you in. Got no friends? Your problem.

Nope, the problem is not having for the Event a PERMANENT Gate set up to the Event place.

But even then, given how the whole area was a LAG FEST given how packed it if all Events are like this there is not much worth to even bother about.......

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I'm done....again.

Indeed.

If all Events are like this I wonder WHY BOTHER ?

I mean, all the place was a LAG Fest. PACKED with people and Greater Dragons one could hardly walk. Because of high damage wild fires and flames one could not even get anywhere close to the action.

Not to mention that it was not possible to target anything because the place was just a huge mess of packed pets and players.

In the end no loot, no drops, nothing.

Only a colossal waste of time.

These Events are set up with monsters having a gazillion Hit Points that they need a thousand players or so to all target them to kill only that then the place become TOO cluttered and messy, a lag fest and unplayable for many unless one has a who knows how fast speed connection....

Not worth it, not at all.

It was stupid of me to even think of wasting my time after it.

Next time forget about these type of Events and use my time in a MUCH better and usefull way....

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what event you went to, but I didn't find it laggy, managed to get back every corpse I left lying around. I got a couple Cloaks for my trouble. I didn't bring a bag of sending so recalled out at one point to put up my cloak, couldn't recall back on to the rune I marked so had a friend inside gate me back in. I think the event ran smoothly from what I saw.

Many thanks to EM Kasaven and EMCernunnos

T

The Fallout

LOL @ "leave a note"
Drop the attitude, apparently certain people don't see it. Get off your high horse.

D

DPudding

This game has passed me by. Who wants a 122 month account? I'd give it to my brother (again) but even he's bored with it. The eternal optimist! Bored!

T

The Fallout

This game has passed me by. Who wants a 122 month account? I'd give it to my brother (again) but even he's bored with it. The eternal optimist! Bored!
Hey, if you are willing to give it up, I'd gladly take it! Drop me a PM lol

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what event you went to, but I didn't find it laggy, managed to get back every corpse I left lying around. I got a couple Cloaks for my trouble. I didn't bring a bag of sending so recalled out at one point to put up my cloak, couldn't recall back on to the rune I marked so had a friend inside gate me back in. I think the event ran smoothly from what I saw.

Many thanks to EM Kasaven and EMCernunnos

Care to specify what hardware are you using to play and what is your connection speed ?

Not everyone has high end hardware or the fastest connections to play Events packed with players in a few tiles area causing LAG.....

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed.

If all Events are like this I wonder WHY BOTHER ?

Next time forget about these type of Events and use my time in a MUCH better and usefull way....
I typically ignore your posts as they are rarely constructive. However, since you decided to bring your drama to our shard forum, I'll field this one for you.

Events are always like this. In fact, last night's events was one of the better executed events, especially relative to what they did on other shards.

So if you thought it was unplayable for whatever reason and you didn't have fun, then by all means, DON'T PLAY THEM!

It's a huge game, and the EM events are just a miniscule portion of it.

When I don't feel like playing in the lag-fest that are the huge events, then I go do champ spawns (many of the raiders are at the events) or peerless (all of the peerless hunters go to the events). I have friends who also either don't (not fun for them) or can't (have bad connections/computers), so finding someone to do something else with is never a problem.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
DP I will hold your account for you. (Perhaps not the house but the account yeah)

C

CatLord

Congratz to our EMs, the players and Nutty(TE)... great job!

and Flutter... lovely circle around your R... I have the exact same one on my pitr logo.

Cya on the field.

N

NewThunder

Not worth it, not at all.

It was stupid of me to even think of wasting my time after it.

Perhaps you could spend the time posting a few rants about everything that is wrong with the game!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you EMs of Catskills!

I had fun, and - as soon as I switched from my always freezing Enhanced Client back to Legacy Client - I could even play with almost no lag at all. Burned 4 blackrocks, received 2 Cloaks of Corruption and 1 Tunic of Fire as rewards for helping to kill a few of those buggers (one of them was a Shadowlord called Astaroth) with my mage.

I have seen more elaborate events in the past (with more riddles, more different things to do, and people more distributed over Britannia), but still it was well done and challenging.

I'll write a travelogue with my screenshots within the next few days.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To those that complain about connection and crappy computers.

I was at the event and sure I got some lag but I never actually froze except after the first shadowlord died I got disconnected. I got back every body I lost, and I ran into the three main shadowlords early mainly because I wanted a screen shot of them.

http://i32.***********/25kr490.jpg

And you know what kind of computer specs I use?

A 9 year old hp pavilion 775y that is literally the make and model. It was bought to play Diablo 2 came out and is well past it's prime. It has maybe 1gb ram but I really think it's more like 612mb.

I use this because my real computer crapped out march 14th 2008 which was before I even played catskills and I use it while fighting other people also my connection is a low level cable connection with minimum bandwidth sometimes when I have the television on and i open my firefox web browser my television freezes and keeps freezing every time I go to a new website.

So either you are on 56k with a computer from like 1997 and can't spend $400 dollars on an E machine or you just like complaining.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Care to specify what hardware are you using to play and what is your connection speed ?

Not everyone has high end hardware or the fastest connections to play Events packed with players in a few tiles area causing LAG.....
1.0 AMD Athlon processor
512 MB SDRam
128MB Nvidia FX 5200 VideoCard
SoundBlaster Live 24Bit SoundCard
512 KB Cable Connection