• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) [News] Interview Series, Lady Kat!!!

Bryelle Vaughn

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kat: The Lady Behind the Dragon​

As part of a new series, I have started sitting down with various people in different guilds. Be they RP, PvP or a mix of the two. My first stop on this journey through the Pacific Shard of Ultima Online and the people who shape our worlds was the Society of Ancestral Guardian Elders (SAGE).

My first day in the actual trenches of Pacific, I came across this extraordinary lady. Eager to assist me in anything I needed I knew she was one I wanted to learn more about. For starters her presence can be defined as polite, effervescent, and beyond helpful. I have yet to actually ask for anything as she beats me to it.

A tamer and veterinarian by template she can often be seen with an oversized Greater Dragon named Firestar. Frequently munching on everything from Spiders to Orcs this great beast is a constant companion and lifesaver to those Kat allows him to protect. I am happy to say I have been one of those.

The real gem though isn't the dragon, although I have fallen in love with the scaley one. The real gem is Lady Kat herself.

A UO vet of only 9 months she started playing for the same reason most of us do. A friend asked her to give it a try. And though she didn't go out and get it right away, she did like we all do, break down and get it. Pacific was her first shard and has become home.

A one-guild Lady, Her sole home has been SAGE. When I asked her why this guild she was a flutter with reasons. “They are a great group of guys! They are nice and always willing to help.”

Me: “Other than the great group of people, what is it about SAGE that appeals to you? Is it the hunting, the PvP, the Rp?”

Lady Kat: “The hunting. I'm not very good at the RP but I want to learn.”

*As a side note I will tell you that Lady Kat's RP skills are good. And she deserves credit for her use of it.

Me: “If there was anything you could change about SAGE what would it be?”

Lady Kat: “I can't think of anything.” And the emote of laughter followed.

In parting I kindly reserved the right to interview this character and the lady behind the pixels at a future time.