• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] In the Spotlight - Stugotzz

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Eyes of Origin

In the Spotlight - Stugotzz of M and T

How long have you been playing UO? Since 2004.

What is your favorite template to play currently?
ninja/archer/tamer. Deals a lot of dmg and when on foot, if it gets a little hairy, llama form away. Also the temp has healing.

What is your view on the Tram vs. Fel argument? Should UO go back to a Fel rule set throughout the game and allow consensual PvP in Tram?
I have never played when it was like that. But as pink says u cant flag blues in tram so let the reds there. Also I think they should due to the fact more people would stay logged in that only pvp.

Which client do you prefer for PvP? Why?
I have never used the new client because you can not use UOAssist. So that is the reason why I will stay with the 2d client for pvp.

The Dev team has mentioned reworking the Faction system, what change would you like to see be made?
I would love to see the point system change so only pvpers could wear the armor. There are enough benefits of being a trammie.

Who is your biggest rival in UO? Why?
I would have to say the SON guild; I wish they would leave my faction so we could put them in stat. We kill em and kill em, but they keep coming back, due to not being in stat.

What keeps you coming back to UO, especially with many other MMO's out there?
The people in M/T. If it wasn’t for the people I would have quit along time ago. Also, you can log on at anytime and do whatever it is you feel like doing, alone or with a group. This game has so many different things to do. It’s hard to get bored.

Do you prefer choke point fights, duels or all out field fighting?
I love choke fights, but at the moment, I have been liking field fights, because of all the tamers u are able to get away and heal in the field fights.

Favorite UO memory to date?
I’d have to say the split of FL, It has given Pacific life again. Look at all the different guilds. Also, look at all the people in them. People from all other shards, people that were in tram guilds. It made Pacific a better place.

Is there any advice you would like to give to new players or even old players who are just starting in PvP?
Yes, I can’t tell you how much imbued armor and weapons help. It is a must. You can make your suit to fit your temp. Your entire game play will change.

Is there anything else you would like to say?
I would love too see the GM’s from all the guilds get together and try to take over Atl. Do you realize how epic that would be if Pacific would dominate ATL? It’s probably a stupid idea, but we are very good at hating each other. Imagine how good we could be if we would get along on another server. Could be epic.

Thank You Stu for doing the interview :)

If anyone has anything they would like to see asked or if you have any other suggestions, please contact me at [email protected] or through Stratics PM's

S

SUPRsalad

Nice one. I don't think it would be dumb to take over atl, but can you imagine the drama in that vent? Plus, they would have a serious ping advantage over us.. I think it would be an interesting challenge that I would CONSIDER coming back for.

E

Eyes of Origin

Damn you're quick Gemma.. I didn't even see you on the boards. lol

To everyone else.. I'm gonna skip this next week due to all the events coming up in the next week for Pacific and all the stuff I have to do irl.
The next interview will be posted Feb. 5th.

M

mutau

Great Interview! Looking forward to reading more of other guild leaders.

E

Eyes of Origin

lol I love the ATL idea... but really, could everyone get along in the same vent long enough to make it work?? :lol: I should've asked Stu what he thought about that one before I finished editing and posting the interview.

V

Vandetta

I like the Atlantic thing. Everyone keep to our usual vents just icq each other to make plans. Would be a cool idea to have all these little battle groups of the same guild.
Lets make this happen.

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we could easily just stay in our own vents an keep sections in chocke points. also in field fights image all of us cross healing an killing instead of doin to each other all my gawd. i know people in my guild some would be down not all an im sure this goes for other guilds. but me as stugotzz needs more action, an i have noticed it is on atl 30 plus people at times. imagine sons crew supr crew an goos crew an my crew killing other perople an not each other. i have played every shard in this game an the hardest for me to play is pacific. hey all of us might not be a chad or a cloud but as a group we are all super powerfull. im not sayen we all have to be buddy buddy an be in the same vent an ****. but same map an all 4 guilds even 5 guilds hell FL might want a part in it too just go dominate atl. i know deep down in if 20 of us would be serious an go to atl we could lock down there zergs in a month easily. too were they wont be able to do harrys when they want do spawns when they want. or even to just have them huge fights FL used to bring to the game.

B

Budweiser KDL

we could easily just stay in our own vents an keep sections in chocke points. also in field fights image all of us cross healing an killing instead of doin to each other all my gawd. i know people in my guild some would be down not all an im sure this goes for other guilds. but me as stugotzz needs more action, an i have noticed it is on atl 30 plus people at times. imagine sons crew supr crew an goos crew an my crew killing other perople an not each other. i have played every shard in this game an the hardest for me to play is pacific. hey all of us might not be a chad or a cloud but as a group we are all super powerfull. im not sayen we all have to be buddy buddy an be in the same vent an ****. but same map an all 4 guilds even 5 guilds hell FL might want a part in it too just go dominate atl. i know deep down in if 20 of us would be serious an go to atl we could lock down there zergs in a month easily. too were they wont be able to do harrys when they want do spawns when they want. or even to just have them huge fights FL used to bring to the game.
I'm down. I fight with Some people on Baja in same guild and then fight against them on Napa.

E

Eyes of Origin

I'm down. I fight with Some people on Baja in same guild and then fight against them on Napa.
same here :( I fight against some of the goo members on chessy and am allied to some of them on chessy and allied to them all on pac... so anything is possible.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to Atlantic. The fact that faction artifacts and imbuing exist, there is no reason for people to not have characters on every shard.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Who is your biggest rival in UO? Why?
I would have to say the SON guild; I wish they would leave my faction so we could put them in stat. We kill em and kill em, but they keep coming back, due to not being in stat.
anyone else find this part funny?

E

Eyes of Origin

hey boys... feel free to comment, reply or talk about the interview, but behave plz? I dont wanna see anyone getting these interviews locked. :)

M

mutau

Or make a new thread to comment on it.
but if its a troll, you know we'll lock it.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never personally found ATL to be all that fun. I played there for a short time about a year ago.

Cross shard pvping seems to be more popular now.. I think most of the serious PvP groups can be found on the active shards. It's just a matter of getting everyone on the same shard.

Even still, rarely do I see a good three way fight.

G

Gellor

<snip> <snip> <snip>
Okay, I had to move a good chunk of posts from here in an effort to prevent it from getting locked.

If you have anything relevant to add concerning the interview, please feel free to post here.

If you want to start e-thugging it, start another thread. Consider this post the unofficial warning. Next off topic in here get official warnings.