• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] In the Spotlight - Chad

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
E

Eyes of Origin

In The Spotlight - Chad of FME?

No reporter's job would be complete without having an interview with one of Pacific's best or as Chad would say, THE best on Pacific. Thank you Chad, for taking the time to answer my questions :)

How old were you when you started playing UO?

-Eight or nine.

The Dev team has mentioned reworking the Faction system in the coming future, what change(s) would you like to see be made?

-Well for starters, I would like them to remove guard zones from the faction cities again. Remove the wandering guards from
within the True Britannian's base. Remove faction guards. ( I don't like when NPCs PvP for people if you couldn't tell.)
Put in a point system that forces you to participate in PvP if you want to retain rank. It disgusts me when players who
have never left trammel get to wear all the faction artifacts...or open factions fights up to all facets.

In your opinion, what makes you and your guild one of the top guilds on the West Coast?

-One of the top guilds? We are THE top guild on the west coast and the east coast. There is about five
or six of us who have played together for the last 5+ years. We're hands down the absolute best at everything; Pvp,
PvM, Bank sitting, Treasure hunting. You name it, we'll dominate it. And not to mention, we have some of the richest personalities in all of UO.
I've been in dozens of vents over the years and I have to say, we are so much more intelligent, witty, and down right hilarious than any other guild.

What was your favorite time period for UO? (ie. Pre AOS, Pre Trammel)

-I really enjoyed the era right before they added tactics as a requirement for special moves. The templates were interesting and the PvP was faster
and a lot more fun. As time progresses, the game gets worse. They continually cater to making an "easy mode" for players; ie archers/15 second apples/etc.

Who is your biggest rival in UO? Why?

-I'm slightly offended by this question! I feel as though you might be insinuating that someone rivals me. Sorry, that's not the case.

If you could bring one thing back to PvP, what would it be?

-Talent. I don't have to say much here. It seems like 75% of players are archers. Not to mention, it takes almost no skill to PvP with these 15 second
apples. Increase the apple timer, you fix PvP. It's that simple.

Is there any advice you would like to give to new players or even old players who are just starting in PvP?

-Reach for the stars guys! Do what I do and you'll be great.

Are there any other MMO's out there that you play, how do they stack up to UO? And if you do or don't play any other MMO's, what keeps you coming back to UO?

-Nope. I play UO simply because it's the only game that PvP is any fun at all.

Do you think Imbuing has helped in PvP? Or has it made PvP too easy?

-I love imbuing. It has allowed everyone to get the same stuff, but at the same time it has really caused archers specifically
to become more overpowered than ever

If you were advertising for UO, what would you say about PvP or UO in general to attract new players?

-UO PvP...uhm well people run away a lot. They spend more time in houses than they do in SIMS...Oh you said attract?
What do I look like, a walking billboard?

M

MasterP

Yeah the top of your head looks great!! With that blond wig...OMFG....

A

Az of DSR

Its not gay if you put a wig on him and pretend hes a girl. I :heart: chad.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPyuZ6ZTqmo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPyuZ6ZTqmo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Change Brett to Chad

C

Connor_Graham

So much for these things not being all about PvP....

E

Eyes of Origin

So much for these things not being all about PvP....
.. you mean you want Pacific PvP spotlight to NOT be about PvP?!
That's what I'm wondering too. *sigh* I posted before I started doing these and asked what people thought. Everyone that posted was for the idea.
As for News in general, Lyconis and I have covered events, Tram and Fel and I do a bi-weekly or monthly at this point, Interviews.

If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see besides the things I listed, please let us know. I'm sure what we report can be expanded beyond PvP interviews, events and Dev news.

M

mutau

i'm sure other types of interviews are on the schedule. please utilize the PM system if you have a gripe about the interview to the interviewer. ty.

trolls here will get this locked and then it might go bye bye.

R

Rand Al

I think getting to know the pvp people and what they think is a good idea. If you want another type of interview do one know one is stopping you. I say good job in thees interviews!

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys this thread is not for discussing why Conor wants interviews to be about him killing miasmas by himself. Focus on my greatness. There is so much of it, you should never run out of something to talk about.

R

Rand Al

Guys this thread is not for discussing why Conor wants interviews to be about him killing miasmas by himself. Focus on my greatness. There is so much of it, you should never run out of something to talk about.
YAH GO CHAD WOO WOO there all i got for you chad if you were grate you would be on the news not stratics!

M

mutau

lol

M

mutau

so......... when is the next interview? looking forward to reading some on guildleaders.

M

mutau

i moved the WOW posts into its own thread to continue discussion.

Looking forward to the next readup. :)

C

Connor_Graham

.. you mean you want Pacific PvP spotlight to NOT be about PvP?!
Hmm. I guess when I was told that it wasn't supposed to be all about PvP, then yeah, that's what I'd expect.

Edit-
It's not about who killed who and who is better than someone else. It actually has nothing to do with the daily going ons in the PvP world.
After reading this, and the other responses in the thread this came from, I believed that they weren't going to be all about PvP as was said. Oh well, as I said before, yet another thread to ignore.

Maybe, sooner or later, someone will realize that the same 5 or 6 people going back and forth insulting each other isn't what makes up the Pacific shard. Then again, all things considered, maybe not.

C

Connor_Graham

Where did I say I wanted to be interviewed? In fact, I wouldn't want to be.

And you can't be all that great when I've never heard of you outside of these boards....

E

Eyes of Origin

Hmm. I guess when I was told that it wasn't supposed to be all about PvP, then yeah, that's what I'd expect.

Edit-

After reading this, and the other responses in the thread this came from, I believed that they weren't going to be all about PvP as was said. Oh well, as I said before, yet another thread to ignore.

Maybe, sooner or later, someone will realize that the same 5 or 6 people going back and forth insulting each other isn't what makes up the Pacific shard. Then again, all things considered, maybe not.

When did I ever give any impression that the PvP Interview wouldnt be PvP related??

Also, I already responded to you regarding this.

"*sigh* I posted before I started doing these and asked what people thought. Everyone that posted was for the idea.
As for News in general, Lyconis and I have covered events, Tram and Fel and I do a bi-weekly or monthly at this point, Interviews.

If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see besides the things I listed, please let us know. I'm sure what we report can be expanded beyond PvP interviews, events and Dev news." <<<<<<<<<<<< See??

C

Connor_Graham

My point is simply that Pacific is more than the same 5 people that we see here every single day, and there are many players interview worthy that never step foot in Fel. All that's happening now is the continuance of the preconception of most Pacific players that the Stratics Pacific forum is nothing more than a PvP bash fest, and is of no interest to those that either (or both) have no interest in PvP, and have no interest in reading about who ganked who or whose online ego is larger than the next guy's.

I'm not worried about it. Like I said, it's just another thread to ignore, and another reason not to bother with the Pacific forum for the majority of Pacific players that post on, and read, Stratics.

S

SUPRsalad

yyyyeah, I KINDOF agree connor, but on the same token...

well... pvp is MILDly entertaining AT BEST.. All else is.. well.. Frankly.. Very boring. No offense, but seriously.. Who wants to read an interview about killing monsters and RP and crap?

E

Eyes of Origin

The intial interview had nothing to do with who was ganking who and when and where or any of that jazz.

The comments afterwards might consist of things like this, but the interviews themselves actually do not.

The interviews are meant to get a PvPer's perspective on things regarding UO.

I'm sorry if you don't like the idea and if you would like, you may ignore them.

Not once have I received any feedback from you or anyone else in Tram for that fact, asking me or any of the other Pac reporters to do interviews outside of Fel.

Sooooo next time instead of b*tch*ng at me or anyone else about the content of the interviews, take matters into your own hands....... meaning, do something about it if you want to see something different.
I have asked for suggestions on what people would like to see and not a single person has given feedback.
And next time don't bit*h after the fact if you dont ever give ideas or suggestions as to what you would like to see.

*walks away grumbling to get morning coffee*

S

SUPRsalad

The intial interview had nothing to do with who was ganking who and when and where or any of that jazz.

The comments afterwards might consist of things like this, but the interviews themselves actually do not.

The interviews are meant to get a PvPer's perspective on things regarding UO.

I'm sorry if you don't like the idea and if you would like, you may ignore them.

Not once have I received any feedback from you or anyone else in Tram for that fact, asking me or any of the other Pac reporters to do interviews outside of Fel.

Sooooo next time instead of b*tch*ng at me or anyone else about the content of the interviews, take matters into your own hands....... meaning, do something about it if you want to see something different.
I have asked for suggestions on what people would like to see and not a single person has given feedback.
Don't worry about connor.. This is just his M.O. Don't take it personal.

R

Rand Al

ok back to chad his head is deflating cause stui got more attention than he is getting....

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Chad plays a good dexxer that is about as far as his skill so it dosent suprise me he likes Imbuing, Allows him to make more gimps...

Whats your main chars chad,
Archer fencer
Archer Tamer,
Swords dexxer with magery and eval

One of the things I do like about his guild is they do provide us with fights,

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chad plays a good dexxer that is about as far as his skill so it dosent suprise me he likes Imbuing, Allows him to make more gimps...

Archer fencer
Archer Tamer,

Main characters? I have 22 characters across all the shards. 14 of them are mages...on Pacific, I have an archer fencer, an archer tamer(that I haven't logged in since the change,) a parry scribe mage, and a necro alchemist mage.

Kyrite, last time I fought you, didn't you die to me on a mage when you had a dread mare? How is that even possible? Even set it off made fun of you.

You have never competed with me in field fights and have only won a set of duels once in your life. I have always and will always be your superior in every aspect of UO.

L

lols

the great thing about chad is how he is just totally unaffected by his uo skillz.. boy has no ego at all..

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Archer fencer
Archer Tamer,

Main characters? I have 22 characters across all the shards. 14 of them are mages...on Pacific, I have an archer fencer, an archer tamer(that I haven't logged in since the change,) a parry scribe mage, and a necro alchemist mage.

Kyrite, last time I fought you, didn't you die to me on a mage when you had a dread mare? How is that even possible? Even set it off made fun of you.

You have never competed with me in field fights and have only won a set of duels once in your life. I have always and will always be your superior in every aspect of UO.

you play this game like 20 hours a day bro, I would hope so, I been bending little ego kids like you over my knee for 10 years, you throw a couple pots, good job, lol...

your only effective on a dexxer,

R

Rand Al

they both should make the same character same skills have a imbued suit with the same stuff on it and everything and have a kyrite and chad off! i would watch it if nothing else it would be entertaining even far after it from the crap talk that would happen!

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

do not put words in my mouth sir.