• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] How do the black gates work?

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com

How do the black gates work?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009
By EMSeppo

I have been noticing a lot of misconceptions on the ground related to the functioning of the black gates. There have been quite a few theories being floated around creating a lot of confusion. No, jumping on one leg in front of the gate while holding your left ear will not make it spawn!

Here is the truth of the matter,
1) The spawn at gates does not depend on how many people you have present to start up and for all purposes, it is random. The mercenaries may attack without any warning. Scouts have been seen roaming the lands in the middle of the night!

Conversely, often you may find the gates completely quiet as well. However, the invasion will last for several days and hopefully, everyone will get a shot at it sooner or later. Do keep in mind that we are in initial stages of the invasion and as such, you will not run into a major attack that often.

2) There will also be times when you have advance knowledge of an invasion due to information collected from the books that a mercenary may drop. Keep an eye out for such information by communicating with others in game or through the various shard forums. There is a nice thread on Baja Stratics which attempts to collect this very information.

(Fiction based explanation)
The mercenaries are unable to do a full-fledged attack due to the limitations of the black gate system. So, they are relying on surprise attacks at seemingly random times to overwhelm their targets while they work on bypassing the limitations.

Also, once again, if you have a comment or suggestion, please use the feedback link as it is the fastest way to get to us.

-------------------------------------------------

To receive 'feed' notification of new posts on goldenbrewtavern.com, use the 'subscribe' link on the menu at the top of page.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wednesday, July 1, I recalled to the Dawn Royal Palace and was met with this scene:

After her rez, WildStar gladly obliged the Mercenary Scout, and went out to play:

While I was at Dawn, an orange portal opened off to the side of the Royal Palace ... more of the spawn came through that gate, then the gate disappeared before I could get a shot of it.