• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Holy cow! Free stuffs from EA/Mythic!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you have been lax (or lacking funds!) to upgrade your account, this is your lucky day!!

please read this notice on The Herald!

Take a look to your right and see any new. Ok waits for a second. If you didn’t catch it we have made Mondain’s Legacy free, including the seven expansions prior to it. Yes we said FREE! I’m sure you are asking yourself “so how do I get access to all of the expansions?” This is the easy part, all you have to do is log in and play. That’s it it’s that simple.

All players will now have access to:

• Elves
  • Increased storage capacity
  • Spellweaving
  • All the current Dungeons
  • Much Much More

C

Caelas

Nice! Now only if they'd throw in those "dark" tiles and walls and whatnot. *grumbles*

C

Caelas

Well, I was just on, and I couldn't select the tiles...so I don't think so.

From Wikipedia...
Ultima Online: 9th Anniversary Collection (October 31, 2006). Formerly known as "Eve of a New Age." This came with an in-game upgrade code which redeemed 9 "Heritage Tokens", "Crystal" and "Shadow" items which matched new housing tile sets in the game, and attendants, which took the form of NPCs. These could be set to announce a player's presence in a house or to follow the player around on the map. The Heritage tokens could be redeemed for several kinds of items including special armor, weapons, and many house decoration items in various themes (3 fruit trees, a set of rugs, tables, a broken furniture set, a "dark" or evil furniture set and more).
So yeah keep your 9th Edition boxes. Lucky.

L

Lord Urza

Pretty cool, of course anything free is good!
If only SA was free to everyone hehe.
(Really hopes you can buy a hard copy of SA at least)

N

NewThunder

So I paid for extra storage and now everyone gets it for free!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, me too, and I look at it this way.... I'm helpin' some buddies out, not EA ;)

O

ouguru

Does that mean I should expect my refund within the next few days?

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't feel bad Thunder, I just (2 weeks ago) paid to upgrade an old account so I could go to Tokuno. :( ::sigh:: I was so happy to have them all finally upgraded. LOL

N

NewThunder

I think the least they could do is give those who paid a crappy T-shirt or perhaps give us even moe storage; my houses are filled to the rafters.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Eh I don't think a refund is needed or anything like that, how long has mondains been out now? like a year or 2 or something *shrugs* seems we got to enjoy the content a lot longer then those who never upgraded.

L

Lord Urza

Eh I don't think a refund is needed or anything like that, how long has mondains been out now? like a year or 2 or something *shrugs* seems we got to enjoy the content a lot longer then those who never upgraded.
I agree, It sucks for the people who JUST paid for it, but at least no body has to pay for it any more.
Its useually the case with any new expansion that you get all the previous expansions with it so i would assume when SA comes out anyone who intends on getting that would have gotten ML enablement with it anyhow.
In the end tho more people got something for nothing , then people who ended up getting the short end ofthe deal on this one so overall Id say its a possitive.

M

MoneyMaker

Now, only if they would make new accounts with free downloads of the current client. You pay for the subscription anyways...........

T

Tovladian Soltyr

You can download both the SA client and the 2D client for free usually at the UO site, or if you do a google for UO:ML you can normally DL the client from one of the links there then just patch it up. You don't "Have" to buy the client, in essence all you pay for anymore with any game is a code that allows you to access content. Cause you can DL pretty much every game under the sun for free with their free trial services. Those are usually the full games you just need the "Code" from the box or from the e-mail when purchasing the product to "Activate" the content or whatever.

Not sure if that's what you ment but I'm pretty sure it is. It's just a matter of knowing where to look.

M

Maximinus Thrax

Err, I guess I won't buy the SA expansion, or any other, and I'll just wait a few years to get them all for free.

N

NewThunder

Now, only if they would make new accounts with free downloads of the current client. You pay for the subscription anyways...........
The client itself will be a free download; there may be an upgrade charge to be able to access some of the content.