• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Hello Stratics / Hallo Stratics

SevenDF

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello people of Drachenfels!

After I was selected from thousands of applications *grin* as a shard reporter for Drachenfels, I would like to introduce myself to you.

I've been playing since the end of 2001 exclusively on this lovely shard. During this time, I experienced - probably like you all - many ups and downs. The major personal turning point for me came in 2005 when the majority of my friends moved worlds to WoW. And because I am a herd animal, I followed them into this great new colorful world. Howevery, after a year, the effect of the „new stuff“ was gone, and I remembered my „online roots“. Finally, after nearly two years I drew the final line and came back to Britannia (my accounts were active all the time, by the way *grin*).

But exactly this long break was (for me) a very memorable experience. No matter how long you were away from UO, you come back and you feel like coming home... I never had that feeling in any other game. Because there isn't anything better you can do than come home after work and beat the hell out of a dragons wonderful behind... Okay, okay, right, but that is x-rated and is definately not a story for now *giggles*.

Most of the time you will meet my mage Seven ingame, from time to time my tamer Simone. Since I am the most incapable PvPer ever, I take my chances at PvM, which suits my play style. Here, I can hit some Peerless or even blow out the light of life of one of the Champions. One of my other favourite hobbies is to drive my guild or ally colleagues mad *grin*.

What is the reason for me to become a reporter? I have been following the reports or stories about UO for several years. It's always nice to have a report archived and you can remember these beautiful (or ugly *grin*) stories/days as if they were yesterday. All of us are going to get older and forget things or two... *cough*. Because of this, I wanted to do my part, especially while Medea is busy with business/private real life stuff and does not find the time for extensive reports anymore.

I look very much forward to my great new job, and I hope that you'll be patient with me until I had worked out how it all works. This might take a moment... or two... *grin*

I believe I bored you enough for now. If there is something you would like to read about or if you and your guild/alliance have a big party somewhere out there – please let me know.

Until next time...

Sincerely yours,

Seven

Hallo liebe Einwohner von Drachenfels,

nachdem ich unter tausenden von Bewerbungen (*grins*) als Shard Reporter ausgewählt wurde, möchte ich es natürlich nicht versäumen mich zuerst einmal vorzustellen.

Ich spiele seit ca. Ende 2001 ausschließlich auf dem Shard Drachenfels. In dieser Zeit habe ich, wie wohl alle anderen Spieler auch, viele Höhen und Tiefen erlebt. Der größte persönliche Einschnitt für mich kam 2005, als der größte Teil meiner Freunde zu WoW wechselte. Da ich ein Herdentier bin, folgte ich ihnen in diese tolle neue bunte Welt. Nach ca. einem Jahr jedoch war die Wirkung des Neuen verflogen, und ich habe mich wieder an meine „Online Wurzeln“ erinnert. Schlussendlich habe ich nach 2 Jahren für mich den Schlussstrich gezogen und bin nach Britannia zurückgekehrt (Ich muss dazu sagen, das meine Accounts durchgehend aktiv waren *grins*).

Genau diese lange Pause hat jedoch eine (für mich) sehr einprägsame Erfahrung hinterlassen. Egal wie lange man von UO weg war, man hat nach jeder Rückkehr wieder das Gefühl „heimzukommen.“ Dieses Gefühl habe ich bis jetzt noch in keinem anderen Spiel gehabt. Gibt es etwas schöneres als nach Feierabend heimzukommen und dem ein oder anderen Drachen noch den Arsch versohlen zu können? Ok, ok gibt es, aber das ist nicht jugendfrei und gehört hier nicht hin *kicher*

Ingame trifft man mich am ehesten mit meinem Mage Seven. Ab und zu auch mit meiner Tamerin Simone. Da ich der unfähigste PvPer überhaupt bin, trifft PvM am ehesten meinen Spielstil. Hier kann ich dem einen oder anderen Peerless in den Allerwertesten treten, oder auch dem ein oder anderen Champ das Lebenslicht ausblasen. Weiterhin gehört zu meiner Lieblingsbeschäftigung, das ich meine Gilden- bzw. Allykollegen in den Wahnsinn treibe *grins*

Warum wollte ich Shard Reporter werden? Ich verfolge seit Jahren Reportagen oder Erlebnisberichte rund um UO. Es ist immer wieder schön, wenn man nach Jahren einen Bericht vor Augen hat, und sich an diese schönen (oder auch unschönen *grins*) Erlebnisse erinnern kann als wären Sie erst gestern gewesen. Man wird halt älter und vergisst das ein oder andere …*hust*. Hierzu wollte ich meinen Teil beitragen, zumal Medea leider beruflich und privat sehr eingespannt ist und aus diesem Grunde zur Zeit etwas weniger aktiv ist.

Ich freue mich auf jeden Fall sehr über meine neue Aufgabe, und wünsche mir das ihr etwas Geduld mit mir habt bis ich mich eingearbeitet habe. Wie ich mich kenne könnte das nen Moment dauern … oder zwei … *grins*

Glaube ich habe euch nun erstmal genug gelangweilt. Wenn es irgendwas gibt, über das ihr gerne was lesen möchtet, oder wenn Eure Gilde/Allianz eine größere Feierlichkeit ausrichtet, sagt mir bitte Bescheid.

Bis zum nächsten Mal …

Herzlichst

Euer Seven

Claire Repair

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
once more (after posting on ultimaonline.de):
Congrats Seven!
Looking forward to your reports.

*waves*

/Claire

L

Legacyee

Aye congrats to you Seven

I am also looking forward to your reports

May your sword and quill stay sharp

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay, Seven! :)

I am so happy you've become our new reporter - congrats and all the best! :thumbsup:

You gonna rock! :party:

N

Nenime

Great! That is worth a broccoli :danceb:

I really appreciate what you (will) do for the community.

Many thanks to Medea too, btw :)