• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Halloween Happenings

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

October is upon us and with that comes the Halloween Events for 2011. The Legends community has been very active the last few days tracking down Jack-o-Lanterns and collecting the goodies they drop on their corpses. I have also heard that the Trick or Treat activity is also active, though I have not attempted to beg for a treat myself.

Many in the community have begun to prepare for an eventful month. I have heard rumors of several planned Halloween parties, haunted houses and hopefully even a house deco contest.

The search for Jack-o-Lanterns is quite simple. Throughout Britainia one can find several crop fields. During the autumn season these fields grow pumpkins and every now and again a Jack-o-Lantern will spawn.

If you attempt to pick up the Jack-o-Lantern it will transform into a monster and attack you. If you are lucky enough to dispose of the monster you can check the corpse for goodies which include candy, painted masks and probably some stuff I have not discovered yet. The painted masks will bare the name of an EM, Moderator or another important person in the UO community. Who will collect the most masks? I imagine EM Miko and EM Helios painted masks will be highly sought after on Legends.

To the best of my knowledge the Trick or Treat event works as so. A player can say "Trick or Treat" and a target cursor should appear. Then targeting an NPC should yield one of several "treat" items or a "trick" of a nasty surprise. Treats include food or candy but I have not received any so ask around or try yourself to discover the treats. Tricks can include making your character bleed all over, blowing your character up (leaving body parts all over), and changing your character into another form such as a spider. Again, these are the happenings of past events as I have not attempted to beg myself so I'm not sure if things have changed this year. Sometimes, players with GM Begging will have a rare chance at an extra special treat item. I invite those of you who have had success begging this season to post your findings on the forums.

I hope to see you all taking part in the festivities and look forward to participating myself. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!​

A Living Legend

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am still trying to find out if we are having a halloween deco contest i asked miko but he said *shruggs*... whatever that means it wasnt very helpful. i also heard that the sea dragon event was ruined by people from other shards which i am glad i didnt participate in because it was such a long and on going eent soe people like luc spel and few others who had a part in it everyday seemed pretty upset about it so if u could give more of a heads up and a lil more thought and organise the events a lil better would be much appreciated legends is a dieing shard but those of us left still play on it would still like to have fun and do events without being ruined.. who knows if we had better events maybe ppl would transfer or make characters here to participate in them thats alll..... thank you

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The house deco contest seems like a must do on this shard as I know there are alot of creative decorators out there. If Miko is shrugging you off it probably means he has no knowledge of one and doesnt plan to do one himself. I'd consider hosting one myself if i could get a little support and learn a little more about how to judge such an event. As for the Sea Dragons...seems like it has had a good turn out of people and if others are coming cross shard it means the event is attracting people to Legends. To sum it up I'd say its like watchin a really really long movie that you mostly enjoy but really hate the ending. Maybe theres a sequal or an alternate ending in the extras menu.....wait, what were we talking about? I appreciate the feedback, wish I could get more to chime in with their thoughts.