• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Gorn Was Not Happy

• Thread starter Lady Mana
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lady Mana

Here is the latest from EM Sangria regarding the event in Ter Mur!

Gorn was not happy.

He had not liked being ordered to work with the wingless humans and elves. They weren’t needed and would undoubtedly interfere with the work that was needed to find a solution. In fact he suspected them of infecting the fish of Ter Mur. But such thoughts could never be put in writing. Hon-Aur had to be told of the events. Gorn had been finding reasons to put off writing his report to the Minister of Commerce, but he could put off the dreaded task no more.

Greetings Hon-Aur.

I regret to inform you that we did not find the source that is infecting the Ter Mur aquatic life. We will need to continue to import fish from the human and elves.

You are undoubtedly wondering what happened that night, below I have written what transpired to the best of my ability.

I awaited by the docks, as instructed, for the human Maya Demeter and those she might bring. She ended up bringing a horde of humans and elves. The first thing she did was to send them off to look for evidence then ran off herself to inspect – a dead fish. Ignoring me. She ran by twice more before she made note of my presence and spoke with me. I wasn’t impressed.

We needed samples of those infected. The wingless ones... human and elves began to fish. Maya Demeter and I tossed nets. Soon we were overwhelmed. Perhaps I tossed too many… *shrugs*

We quickly learned that the aquatic life that were infected were quite varied and all lethal. The worst were two Infectious Sea Deamons. They were especially horrifying. They slithered onto land then moved like giant serpents and were very very fast. They spit poison, shot out lighting and killed the wingless ones without mercy. I have included some images of the battle.

One of the wingless found a skull from a Gargoyle fisherman on one of the infected creatures and wore it like a helmet. I did not know what to think of this. Perhaps their skulls are softer than ours and need more protection. That could explain why they died so easily and often that night. Perhaps there is a market for head protection with the wingless.

I obtained samples of blood, flesh and scale from the infected creatures and have sent them to our scientists. Hopefully they will get some answers soon. I believe Maya Demeter and the other wingless did the same. It will be interesting to see if they come up anything worth while.

Your Assistant, Gorn