• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] First, a simple hello!

S

Salya Sin

Greetings fellow Napa Valley-ens,

It was requested that I start my glorious reporting career with an introduction, though having a new reporter is perhaps exciting to some, to me... well... I'm THRILLED! I have played exclusively on Napa for over 6 years and watched it change many times over. New players, new content, new reactions from old players in regards to new players and new content. Salya Sin is my greatest accomplishment in this game... a tamer. Pink hair, silverish and black costume... you'll know me better by my obsessive use of the death robe! And truly, it took the full 6 years to make Miss Sin usable. ~shudders at the memory~ Though I often use my tried and true dexer or mage, as I tend to live longer on them. Although there is NOTHING that will help my lack of PvP talent. I am the worst PvPer in this game... half the time I forget the little things, like arming myself after recalling in. So PvM is exclusively my play style and Trammel is where I spend most of my time.

I am a daily (almost) Stratics participant, sometimes compulsively reading each new post regardless of the thread, poster, or forum it was posted in. I can honestly say that I know way too much about this game and for the amount of time I spend playing, this information has in no way aided me in my daily life. There will be no "Everything I learned about life, I learned playing UO!" For me, this game is about escape. It's play, it's pretend, it's fantasy. It's being a kid again at 32 years old, where I can slay dragons, ride a Unicorn, and play house without the RL bills and necessities... like toilet paper (which I inevitably forget and have to make a second trip to the store). This game is an amazing mix of people from all over the world and I am often amazed when I find out I have spent the last 6 hours slaying something with someone as far away as Japan.

Introduction aside, I love Napa. We have some of the most incredible personalities on this shard. The most friendly and courteous players and honestly, our forums lack the usual drama. Our posters seem to avoid the mud slinging and rudeness of the others (for the most part), perhaps it's that our Mods are really on top of things, but I believe it is just the players that Napa attracts. I always find myself laughing... smiling... amused.

With the new content and the EM run events we have more and more going on in our shard. I make it a point to participate in as many as I can and for my guild, I posted stories, recaps, and images on our guild forum. Reporting isn't new to me in that respect and writing is something I have done for more than 20 years. I am very excited to join the Stratics staff as a reporter for the shard that I love and hope that all of you will bear with me while I learn the ropes... may take me moment... or two.

That said... if there is anything at all that Napa would like to see or read (I saw one request for an Obituary which sounds like fun!), feel free to let me know. I am here to inform and more so, to add to your entertainment.

Best gaming wishes,
Salya Sin

L

Lady Mana

It's good to have you as a reporter, Salya! I kind of like this feeling of having minions, again. Is.. is that bad? D:

I know you'll do a great job!

F

five oclock

Congrats!!!!! and Hello...

Now what the heck is up with these turkeys??? :p and I DONT mean the EMs... :D

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i bet they are the turkeys , they just wont leave :)

congrats sin and gl in your new job :)