• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Find Santa

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While running through Luna Bank this evening, Sunday, December 28, I spotted Santa Claus, and a book that says:
Find Santa!
Santa will be hiding out somewhere in Trammel tonite, 10pm Eastern (7 Pacific, 8 Mountain, 9 Central). The first three to find him will receive their present.

This sounds like a fun challenge!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So did someone find Santa? I also saw the book and wrote it down with the intent of joining the search. Those kinds of things are such a kick. Unfortunately, our cable decided to go on vacation and after losing conn at least 4 times in about 10 minutes, I gave up for the night. Does anyone know the results?

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So did someone find Santa? I also saw the book and wrote it down with the intent of joining the search. Those kinds of things are such a kick. Unfortunately, our cable decided to go on vacation and after losing conn at least 4 times in about 10 minutes, I gave up for the night. Does anyone know the results?
I have heard, but have not been able to confirm yet, that Nicholas the Old won 3-million gold by finding Santa on Ice Island last night.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye since he only seems to leave me coal I set up a roaring fire in the fireplace for him this year, so i bet I know what he was cooling off on Ice Isle

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Mama Faith!

Santa Claus was discovered to be alive and well, knee deep in the snow drifts of Dagger Island this last evening. In what some might call a rather ironic twist of fate; the Jolly Ol' Kris Kringle was discovered by none other than...Jolly Ol' Saint Nick? Yes, as Lady Sara has reported; it was Nicholas the Old who was first to discover Old Father Christmas and his band of frostbitten reindeer in the frigid cold of the north.

As it turns out, he was not actually missing at all. Instead, Santa had taken a breif detour on his way back to the North Pole to inspect sites for his new summer home. It turns out that Dagger Islands "much warmer climate" would make for a pleasant vacation destination. Mentioning the much warmer climate and accomidations of Nu'Jelm fell on deaf ears. *Chuckles*

Here are a couple screenshots that were taken.

Nicholas the Old [BRPA] was the first to arrive, winning a prize of 3 Million Gold Pieces.

Sir Zackarias [DWN] arrived about five minutes later, winning a prize of 2 Million Gold Pieces.

Lady Tsukiyama [*CT*] arrived about an hor afterwards, winning a prize of about 1 Million Gold Pieces.

I was also told to note that Frosty the Polar Bear wins an all expense paid trip to the Isle of Nu'Jelm. G'Frigd the Frost Troll wins an all expense paid trip to Hell.

- Vash the Harper

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*ROFL*Hey! I resemble that. I know the words to that song and methinks you're implying I'm OLD. Oh wait.... never mind.

As an aside....news of my death has been greatly exaggerated.:stretcher:

P.S. Relic....why doesn't that surprise me? (*whispers* get back ingame)