• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Event: Courage or Cowardice?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
“You call yourself one of my officers, yet you return here with a miserable failure?!” The voice echoed across the dark chamber, towards a man kneeling on the ground. “I have explained myself sir…there was nothing I could do. I almost got everything I needed from that archeologist, but at the last moment was interrupted by…that paladin…and a swarm of adventurers.”

“Need I explain our goals again, and why I cannot have you fail?!” The figure yelled.
“Our goal… is the complete domination of Britannia. And to accomplish this, we must take out the mystical forces that the Britannian’s draw magic from…” The figure displayed a projected image in front of itself and the man on the floor. The image depicted the codex, as well as the symbols of the eight virtues and three principals. “We know that magery is given existence by mystical forces in the shrines. However, instead of taking each out, my original plan was to destroy the essences of the principals the virtues derive from..thus taking out three at once. However…you failed miserably on the essence of Love, and even LOST THE PROTOTYPE!” The projection vanished.

The man stood. “Sir! It was beyond my…” “I don’t want excuses, Tarin. I just want RESULTS!”

A new projected image appeared in the room. The image of a bell appeared. “This is the Bell of Courage. The virtues of Valor, Sacrifice, and Honor are derived from it.” The figure rose from its seat and walked forward. “If we can break the essence of this relic…we can disable several schools of magery at once… Oh it would be wonderful…a defenseless world…”
The image vanished. “I will do my best!” Tarin bowed.
“You had better…I don’t think I can deal with another disappointment…”

In Luna, the paladin, Candrin Devar, was reading through a book he had recovered from Hythloth on Valentines Day. “An attempt…to corrupt the essence of love…” He pondered, flipping a page. “This says…” He read more, flipping through several pages. “They plan to…corrupt the other essences…and perhaps the virtues?...” He closed the book and sighed. “Just what do they want?...Disabling magery would…cripple resistance to an invasion… Maybe that is their plan?...” He stood and put the book away in a box in the office. I’ll search for clues…and then if I find something of interest…I’ll alert those who would be interested in helping…”

Tarin stood on his ship, just off the island of Serpent’s Hold, looking out toward the town. “Heh…too easy… perhaps I can succeed this time and steal the original, then corrupt it’s essence and destroy the real thing…Oh how wonderful!” He lifted the sails and headed toward the island, snapping his fingers he began to summon an invasion force…

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems the mayor of Zento is preparing to ward off this invasion of Serpent's Hold

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes indeed the Imperial Navy and the Imperial Guards was order to Serpent's Hold to prepare for the invasion .