• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Empty Graves

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Empty Graves
Saturday October 9th, 2010

A massive group of citizens gathered at the counselor's hall in Britain. To our surprise "A filthy nasty grave robber" was digging his way through the floorboards. The filthy nasty grave robber told us he kept hearing voices in his head. He also admitted to digging up graves in hopes to loot and plunder the dead. However he was unable to find any graves with bodies in them. We were lead to the outskirts of Cove.

Upon entering the Cove Graveyard we saw A Skeletal lich, A Cursed Steed, A putrid undead, An Undead Daemon. As the waves of citizens poured through the gate we quickly overran the undead horde.

The waves of warriors at the scene were being crushed against the fence as we flowed into battle. Some of the unlucky were used as weapons against the vile undead beasts as their bodies were pressed against the undead minions by the crowds behind them. All that remained were puddles of blood dripping into the empty graves.

With the sheer force we had made quick work of the remaining creatures that spawned before us which included: Mutating rotting corpse, A vile pumpkin eater, A daemonic terror, A dark lich and A cursed wyrm. These undead creatures could barely dig themselves out of the grave before a swarm of the citizens started beating them. I think I even saw "Uncle Rico" weilding a pitch fork after he broke his Axe in the back of one of the creatures.

Some people reported witnessing "The Phantom Rider" walking around in the midst of the carnage. I wonder if this may be the reincarnation of Ichabod Crane.

Within a blink of the eye "The Phantom Rider" disappeared and suddenly "a laggy ass monster" dug its way from the grave. This monster must have been extremely laggy as its the last one I saw!

Upon clearing most of the devious undead creatures from the graveyard a strange bellowing came from the ground. I swear it said "He will follow you to your homes. Your torment will never cease!" Perhaps all should be on guard, our homes and cities may need a watchful eye upon them.

A record high player base were on pacific this evening counting at least 220!
A small amount of event items were loot-able from the corpses. They appearance is similar to the skull candles in doom but have an orange hue to them. They are labeled "An Especially Spook Skull with Candle"​