• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] EM Seppo Asks, Is Anyone Alive?

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com

Is anyone alive?

Saturday, July 11, 2009
By EMSeppo

Pushing the story line through NPC’s sounds exciting on paper but there is a tiny problem. We have absolutely no idea if anyone has even encountered any of the rudimentary hints dropped so far because no one has mentioned any of it on the forums.

Basically, we have no idea if all of the current rumor dropping NPC’s have even been discovered. There are at least four in the city of Britain alone. Nor do we know how often people check them for new rumors. This is important considering most of them are on their 2nd or 3rd cycle. We are not even sure if anyone has found Captain Nystad’s new location yet!

It is slightly frustrating because we don’t know if people are just being hush-hush or they are completely out of loop.

Event Announcement
Title: Unknown
Description: Check for rumors to find out more!
Start Time: 14:00 (2pm Pacific, 3pm Mountain, 4pm Central, 5pm Eastern)
Date: Sunday,2009-07-12
End Time: 15:00

------------------------------------------------
Related Links:
Rumors - Small Announcement: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=147007
Rumors - Small Announcement: http://goldenbrewtavern.com/?p=1024

Quick Note: http://goldenbrewtavern.com/?p=1031

Seeds of Rebellion II: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=147275

Y

Yalp

Lady Aino is found, in the cart outside the Yew Courthouse and will respond to key words.

The rest of the npc's dropping rumors I have not found myself and don't know what their rumors are

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only rumor I've been able to find so far is from Yosh the Guard. He says, "I heard that Kullervo Nystad is holding a secret meeting in the Dog & Lion pub this Sunday".

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard a rumor that evil women dont wear panties....?!
*looks towards Cymidei curiously* :drool: :heart: :eyes: :bowdown:

Oh wait...does this rumor count towards Seppo's rumors?

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard a rumor that evil women dont wear panties....?!
*looks towards Cymidei curiously* :drool: :heart: :eyes: :bowdown:

Oh wait...does this rumor count towards Seppo's rumors?
*LOL* Sometimes, good women don't either. And nope, it doesn't count. :D

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have any of you spoken with Frieda the Butcher?
Or Yosh?
Or Bartholomew?
Or the obvious .. the Thief Master?
Or asked Aino about her brother?

;)

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spoke to Aino about her brother and wasn't able to get beyond her saying she fears for him. I spoke to Yosh and got the above reply. I thought I had also talked to Bart and the thiefmaster but maybe I didn't hang around long enough to hear their reply.

Oriana, we're so fortunate to have mods like you who let us have a little fun now and then. *HUGE HUGS*

B

Bucko the Kid

Have any of you spoken with Frieda the Butcher?
Or Yosh?
Or Bartholomew?
Or the obvious .. the Thief Master?
Or asked Aino about her brother?

;)
This is what I've gotten so far:

Rex the Guard on the West Brit Bank roof said the Kullervo Nystad was arrested for stealing food from an orphanage. *wretched family*

Yosh the Guard at the town guard headquarters said that Kullervo Nystad is holding a secret meeting in the Dog & Lion pub (Serpents Hold) this Sunday.

Bartholomew at the Skara Fairegrounds said that he saw Kullervo leave hastily.

Aino Nystad said her brother needs to be warned as Lord Casca might move against him as well. That she hopes that Lord Casca does not turn on the Town Guards like he turned on her and then she looked into her pack and said Ahh I still have my communication crystal.

Theoran the Ivory Throne Watchman said he heard that Aino's dark elf muttered something about it but he refused to repeat it.

And then when I went back to see the Lady Nystad I was ambushed by some invisible spirit who assaulted me with cream pies! They were good though. I even picked up what spilled on the ground and ate it. When I got back to Britain I guess I still had cream on my face. Some shrew kept trying to lick it off of me but I ran!

Respectfully submitted,

Bucko the Kid

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL@Bucko. Was it banana creme?

Strangely enough, the replies I got were different than yours. Here are the ones I found after I'd already posted.

Frieda - Is it true that Kullervo Nystad was killed trying to rescue his sister?

Thiefmaster - Rumors of mercenary scout sightings at Skara Brae fairgrounds.

Theoran - This place is getting too creepy for a watchman with a slapjack.

Bartholomew - Is it true the king's men are demanding food from the farmers.

I wasn't able to investigate beyond that because real life calls and I need to get outside and trim some trees so I can attend the event this afternoon. Work before play!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone thought to try to find out if there are rumors regarding Bartlebe, King Casca's mysterious, and sometimes wandering dog? (And I so hope I spelled the dog's name correctly.)

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
err.. what event?
Ack! Sorry about that. I read Sara's report and saw Saturday, scrolled down to the time and didn't bother reading the whole thing. I was in a hurry to get outside and get work done. Anywhoooo...I'm looking forward to tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to run around spamming "RUMORS".

Y

Yalp

found Theoran the Ivory Throne watchmen.. took me a few to get the joke!

He has some very funny things to say.. start with rumors, Casca, and Kullervo.. you will laugh!

J

JosephineBaja

It doesn't give a whole lot of clues, but there is a good-bye note from Kullervo in the house by the tree/garden at the fairegrounds.

From the NPC's a couple days ago I also got there may be an attack on the outhouse by Theoran, talk about the house of nystad, gideon, etc.

In the past we used to just repeat words the NPC stated to get more info. This time some of them do that, some don't. It helps to brush up on the story and know important words.

For those of you who feel lost....there are updates/timelines/summaries in this forum, at goldenbrewtavern.com, books in the EM building in N brit, and also some info in the books at the guard tower by W brit bank. I've also found info on the role playing forums...but at the moment can't remember the addy to that.

I love this, I think it's so original including players in the storyline. Great job to all those involved. :)

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awe no answer from Cym =(
Any other evil ladies out there that can shed some light on the rumor? *wicked grin*

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evil wears no panties!

(On occassion I do wear my Evil Hello Kitty underwear, but other than that... Evil wears no panties! Muwahahahahaha!)

G

Give'R The Onion

Evil wears no panties!

(On occassion I do wear my Evil Hello Kitty underwear, but other than that... Evil wears no panties! Muwahahahahaha!)
Umm, is this a bad time to ask for screen shots? :thumbsup:

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm, just to clear the above post up a little, in my defense....*wipes tears from eyes from laughing so hard*....

Ok so there's really no way to explain that, I was in squirrel form and attacking Lord Ceno at the moment. It's not what you think! I despise him, hence the biting in a delicate place...

*would like to know how THAT got a screen shot*

Ummm......Evil wears no panties! Muwahahahahaha!

*adjusts Power Puff Girls underoos*

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually there is a way to respond to it lol
Pros and I were at the bank with many others and she was in squirrel form and since she doesnt like Ceno she was biting him, she actually bit my leg the most part.
if you notice the above pic only shows you a VERY small fraction of the journal?
the "YES!" was me answering someone else, I was holding two conversations at the same time, one with Pros and one with someone else

but otherwise the pic looks damned funny! lol

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pros and I were at the bank with many others and she was in squirrel form and since she doesnt like Ceno she was biting him, she actually bit my leg the most part.
if you notice the above pic only shows you a VERY small fraction of the journal?
the "YES!" was me answering someone else, I was holding two conversations at the same time, one with Pros and one with someone else

I'm not sure if it's the wine but dang! that post is hilarious. Sure, you were replying to someone else, Ceno. We all believe you. Really, we do. *walks away laughing uproariously*

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sadly its true =(
Pina hates Ceno =(
although there may have been a brief moment my char enjoyed it, but then he remembered it was a squirrel doing it =/

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yer a weird man Ceno. ok, gonna try one more time to get a mental handle on this stuff. I take it I missed an event sunday. I know of 4 homes with little flags by em, and not sure what the black moongates are for

I am not a fighter nor do i have any fighting chars. I've a gm mage with excellent hiding skill. Any chance this is good enough or is this a big fighting in the dungeons kind of scenerio? If so, I'll just wait for a decorating contest.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, Vol does wear panties cause leather chafs REEEALLY bad. Very grateful for the pot of wax from last xmas thou...shaving legs with an axe was very tricky.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's your story, and you're sticking to it! ;)